« on: January 14, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Burnley

FA Cup 3rd round  - 14th Jan  - KO 19:45  - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Burnley
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:08:14 AM »
Looks like we came back well from a terrible start. Afterwards, Pochettino was once again saying how strong our squad is...hmmm guess we shouldn't expect any new and needed signings to come in January and bring some much needed quality to certain areas.

New striker? No we have Kane (he's one of our own, fingers crossed no injuries), Goal machine Goaldado and When I can be bothered Adebayawn. Talk about strength in depth

Midfield? Well we definitely have the numbers. We have 11 first team players, (plus two on loan) maybe we should just play them all? Other than Eriksen, who else should always be on the team sheet? So yes they are good players, but all much of a muchness (maybe that is why Poch has found it hard to find the right combination). Personally I would find a place for Dembele.

Defence? They have improved lately, but as I have said before, half the defensive problems are due to the midfield. However, Rose going forward is okay, but is a weakness on the left and teams target him. Kaboul and Vertonghen don't seem compatible to me, so it may have to be one or the other. No new players needed in January though.

Goal? No need for anyone here. Lloris is immense and we have excellent cover in Vorm

Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:24 AM »
It was nice to see some of our not so regular goal-scorers getting goals.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »
As we went two down, I never thought this match was going to be a disaster. Reading the game, I thought it was just a blip and we would win this game. The atmosphere said the same, and the result proved it.

Personally, I think Pochettino is getting there and I also hope that the board will also show faith in him.

I thought Soldado worked hard, even though he missed a sitter, and was the instigator of a couple of the goals. He may not be scoring loads of goals at the moment, but he is working hard and as long as the other members of the team are scoring we should keep faith with him. I also noticed that the crowd don’t get on his back and he seems a very popular player, which is unusual for a player that is having problems scoring.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
As we went two down, I never thought this match was going to be a disaster. Reading the game, I thought it was just a blip and we would win this game. The atmosphere said the same, and the result proved it.

Personally, I think Pochettino is getting there and I also hope that the board will also show faith in him.

I thought Soldado worked hard, even though he missed a sitter, and was the instigator of a couple of the goals. He may not be scoring loads of goals at the moment, but he is working hard and as long as the other members of the team are scoring we should keep faith with him. I also noticed that the crowd don’t get on his back and he seems a very popular player, which is unusual for a player that is having problems scoring.

I cannot really disagree with you there voice. I watched as the goals went in and I did not feel that we were going to lose that match. I do not know if it was the body language of the Burnley players or not but you could almost smell victory for Spurs that night. Probably has something to do with more important issues on behalf of the Burnley players, like league survival.

I also agree with you that there is a sense of Poch getting it right. After all we are still in all competitions, which is more than can be said of Southampton, West Ham, City, Ars*nal etc.

As for Soldado, I still feel we need another striker though. Whether that means Soldado, Kane and the new one or not is another question.

Jane x

Offline Spursx

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »
I am not sure whether I can agree with voice or Jane. Spurs were poor the first half and if it wasn’t for the stupid mistakes that Burnley made we could have lost that match. As for our manager, he has still got some way to go before I could say anything positive. We’ve gone on a mangerical merry-go-round the last couple of years and what this club needs is the right manager and stability.
Our true tests will be in the next couple of weeks when we’ve got two games per week. Don’t forget we lost to the bottom of the table Palace.
It also sounds like that Defoe will be in Sunderland’s Strike force this Saturday and that concerns me. He has always started for a new team by scoring.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 08:08:15 AM »
I am not sure whether I can agree with voice or Jane. Spurs were poor the first half and if it wasn’t for the stupid mistakes that Burnley made we could have lost that match. As for our manager, he has still got some way to go before I could say anything positive. We’ve gone on a mangerical merry-go-round the last couple of years and what this club needs is the right manager and stability.
Our true tests will be in the next couple of weeks when we’ve got two games per week. Don’t forget we lost to the bottom of the table Palace.
It also sounds like that Defoe will be in Sunderland’s Strike force this Saturday and that concerns me. He has always started for a new team by scoring.

I agree Spursx that Poch still has a long way to go. However, he was given a 5 year contract, and it's up to Levy to honour that contract, and to give him some of the players that he wants in order to implant his style of football firmly in place. I go along with Voice's view that he is gradually getting there, a considerable achievement given the fact that virtually all the players he is working with were inherited. Just look at the money Redknapp has spent over the last couple of years, and where QPR are now.
Personally I am very happy with Pochettino so far.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »

I agree Spursx that Poch still has a long way to go. However, he was given a 5 year contract, and it's up to Levy to honour that contract, and to give him some of the players that he wants in order to implant his style of football firmly in place. I go along with Voice's view that he is gradually getting there, a considerable achievement given the fact that virtually all the players he is working with were inherited. Just look at the money Redknapp has spent over the last couple of years, and where QPR are now.
Personally I am very happy with Pochettino so far.

So am I and it is not even his team. Just wait until he has a team that he created. Whether we are in Europe or not we should support and want Pochettino for next season.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.