SpursNetwork

Steve "Clueless" McClaren

« on: April 22, 2007, 04:41:55 PM »
I really don't like to watch England now McClaren is manager but I do because it is my country. McClaren is too negative and makes the England team play such boring football. I would like to see another manager take command before our match in Estonia, if not I would like to see him get sacked after. Possible candidates for the England job in my opinion are: Mourinho ( if he leaves Chelsea ), Venables, Fabio Capello and Allardyce. England's football is getting very boring and McClaren is risking our chances of qualifying.........why are the FA so stupid!? McClaren is stuck in the Sven era and that is what we are trying to get out of, is McClaren the way forward?

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »
Same here, for the Dutch national team. Marco van Basten did very well at the beginning of his period at ''Oranje'', but he nowadays is hated as a coach by almost every Dutch footballfan.
AFC Ajax

Nobody likes us, we don't care
[/SIZE][/FONT]

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »
The thrill of internationals is fading every match.

Even in the finals of major competitions, it's just not the same anymore. :(

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »
Quote from: -AFCA-;4956
Same here, for the Dutch national team. Marco van Basten did very well at the beginning of his period at ''Oranje'', but he nowadays is hated as a coach by almost every Dutch footballfan.

Well, the same was applied to Stoitchkov, but at least we got rid of him going to Celta Vigo. Hopefully we will get Balakov as Manager in the summer !!
----------------

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 06:53:37 PM »
McLaren is pretty useless, I think. England have gone from a team that was at least exciting to watch at times to completely boring, and the results have been pretty bad, too. I mean come on. England should be at the top of their EURO qualifying group, not lagging behind by two points and an extra game!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Berba's girl

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 09:25:36 PM »
To be honest I dunno how England are still so highly seeded in the world!  The last two games were just the most awful yawnfests I've ever seen. McLaren won't be sacked at this stage...especially when there's no-one to step into his shoes. I think it may be reviewed after the summer games. I just wanna see someone with heaps of passion for the game - someone like Ian Wright who wears his heart on his sleeve.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 05:15:39 PM »
England need a manager with a bit of balls who will bring some more excitement and hopefully kick out frank lumpard:D

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »
Why keep McClare until the summer when you have the perfect replacement sitting on the bench, Terry Venables. McClaren will never be half the manager he is.

Offline McCoy

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 04:31:43 PM »
I agree Venables would make the big decisions, hopefully dropping Lampard.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »
McClaren's decisions are trully an embarrasement for England. I have some Macedonian freinds and they are already talking of England's footboll team as a regular "subscriber" for losing points to them ... :fool:
----------------

Offline COYS

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 08:22:15 PM »
I agree Venebles wouyld be great.
Berba > God

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 12:35:07 AM »
I`d like to say give him a fair chance but I don`t see him ever doing the business. He`s just another FA yes man, he`s bottled the big decisions and the team is going from bad to worse as a result. I would say get Mourhinio in, but you know what that`d mean? Fat Frank in side indefinitely:uhuh:
BTW COYS, that Ronaldo cartoon is quality, totally lifelike and funny as f*** too!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:37:27 AM by n15spur »