SpursNetwork

Capello - the only choice - at the moment

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
Capello - the only choice - at the moment
« on: December 16, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
Capello has won everything at club level and I think he should be appointed a.s.a.p - at least until the end of the season. He is a proven winner and is head and shoulders above any other manager that is currently available.
Your thoughts.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Capello - the only choice - at the moment
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
Capello has won everything at club level and I think he should be appointed a.s.a.p - at least until the end of the season. He is a proven winner and is head and shoulders above any other manager that is currently available.
Your thoughts.

I am not too sure. I don't fancy him. Hoddle is available and I prefer him over Capello.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
Capello is a bloody psychopath. I don't think shouting at players and locking them in dungeons would work at the moment. And mind you, Capello is not very fluent in English and that could cause him a problem. Especially when coming in mid-season.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:46:05 PM »
Your thoughts.

I am not too sure. I don't fancy him. Hoddle is available and I prefer him over Capello.

I love Hoddle the player but not the manager. I think he has been out of top flight management too long to come straight back into the premier league and you seem to forget that he did nothing with Spurs the last time in charge.
I like Laudrup but he is under contract at Swansea so I see Capello as the only answer.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
Your thoughts.

I love Hoddle the player but not the manager. I think he has been out of top flight management too long to come straight back into the premier league and you seem to forget that he did nothing with Spurs the last time in charge.
I like Laudrup but he is under contract at Swansea so I see Capello as the only answer.
Capello is managing Russian NT and pocketing as much money from oligarchs as possible. And I suppose he'll want to manage the team in Brazil next year.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 05:57:23 PM »
Your thoughts.

Capello is managing Russian NT and pocketing as much money from oligarchs as possible. And I suppose he'll want to manage the team in Brazil next year.

Seeing that his BFF is our technical director I think it may only be a matter of time, however if Laudrup, Klinnsmann or Redknapp could be persuaded to change jobs then I would take any one of the three.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 06:01:53 PM »
Your thoughts.

Seeing that his BFF is our technical director I think it may only be a matter of time, however if Laudrup, Klinnsmann or Redknapp could be persuaded to change jobs then I would take any one of the three.
Klinsmann signed a new deal with United States Soccer Federation just a few days ago. Redknapp would be an idiot to come back to Spurs, well, at least as long as Levy is still here. Laudrup... could be the one, who knows.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 06:04:29 PM »
Your thoughts.

Klinsmann signed a new deal with United States Soccer Federation just a few days ago. Redknapp would be an idiot to come back to Spurs, well, at least as long as Levy is still here. Laudrup... could be the one, who knows.

Spurs would never bring back Redknapp. As for Klinnsmann signing a contract; so did AVB and that didn't stop them sacking him.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »
Capello does not fit the Tottenham ethos he is too rigid and strict and would want to control everything, which I don't think Levy would allow !!!
To me the only option is Hoddle who to be fair didn't do a bad job the last time unfortunately he didn't have the players or the backing to set up the team to play the way he wanted, this has now changed with a very accomplished squad that would lend itself to Hoddles tactics !!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
Capello does not fit the Tottenham ethos he is too rigid and strict and would want to control everything, which I don't think Levy would allow !!!
To me the only option is Hoddle who to be fair didn't do a bad job the last time unfortunately he didn't have the players or the backing to set up the team to play the way he wanted, this has now changed with a very accomplished squad that would lend itself to Hoddles tactics !!

:nods:
Exactly. But I think the Swansea manager will get the job.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
I would like to see Laudrup get the job what he has done with Swansea is breath taking to be honest considering.  Also I think RDM would do okay for us.

Hoddle, no way he caused issues within the squad during his last stint and is also a fruitcake, Capello doesnt speak much English and is regimental, so he is Ramos MKII and a disaster waiting to happen if appointed.  Though I feel this may already be a done deal but I really hope not!

If they stick with Tim "Butt crack licker" Sherwood we wont finish top 10 let alone top 4.

Either way he gets my support being in the hotseat and guiding our team....

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
Spurs are known for fast flowing attacking football. ( or at least we were ) Italians are known for very defensive football. Cappello is quite possibly the worst Manager I can think of for anybody wanting us to return to the Tottenham way.   

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »
Spurs are known for fast flowing attacking football. ( or at least we were ) Italians are known for very defensive football. Cappello is quite possibly the worst Manager I can think of for anybody wanting us to return to the Tottenham way.   
+1 I guess people have forgotten how England played under Capello.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »
+1 I guess people have forgotten how England played under Capello.

Or what they achieved (nothing). I think he would be a bad choice. Also; he hasn't been in club football for ages.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do