SpursNetwork

Lamela

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Lamela
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »
I am guessing that he is still injured hence why he wasnt featured in yesterdays team selection?
Yes, he has a problem with this thigh and Sherwood said he wouldn't be risked yet.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »
I am guessing that he is still injured hence why he wasnt featured in yesterdays team selection?
Yes, he has a problem with this thigh and Sherwood said he wouldn't be risked yet.

I hope he is back soon and not released on loan. He can play an important part for us.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »

Thanks Riff, even with our long injury list we do have options and to date have been grinding out results which is good to see.

I look forward to Lamela getting back to full fitness and making headway towards the first team again, many of our new signings are having a tough time of it I feel the expectation for an immediate impact has been too high. in many cases .
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:30 PM »
Well, there is a chance he may never settle here. Remember Shevchenko? He came to England (from Serie A like Lamela) as one of the best strikers in the world and we all know what happened...

Don't tell me, I remember. He scored against US  :-[

Other notables firsts: Newly promoted Swindon failed to win for a record number of games at the start of the season, I think it was 17 games, or summit ridiculous like that. They then visited the Lane and recorded their first victory of the season (was that 93 - 94 season?).

There have been others, let's see who else can remember one :'(
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »
Well, there is a chance he may never settle here. Remember Shevchenko? He came to England (from Serie A like Lamela) as one of the best strikers in the world and we all know what happened...

Other notables firsts: Newly promoted Swindon failed to win for a record number of games at the start of the season, I think it was 17 games, or summit ridiculous like that. They then visited the Lane and recorded their first victory of the season (was that 93 - 94 season?).

Carlos Tevez took a while to score for West Ham, and, obviously he finally got going when they played us.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »

Carlos Tevez took a while to score for West Ham, and, obviously he finally got going when they played us.

Lets face it, numerous players break records against our crap defence over the years. Players who haven't scored for 2 years ( too many to mention ) teams who cant buy a goal or win ( West Ham 0-3 for starters ) ex players who were sh*te for us, there seems to be a common link. OUR DEFENCE.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »

Lets face it, numerous players break records against our crap defence over the years. Players who haven't scored for 2 years ( too many to mention ) teams who cant buy a goal or win ( West Ham 0-3 for starters ) ex players who were sh*te for us, there seems to be a common link. OUR DEFENCE.

And I can't see that changing for a while.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.