SpursNetwork

Paul Robinson

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Paul Robinson
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »
The goal on Saturday aside, what do you think about our current number 1?
This season he has been very shakey although he has picked up a few good performances recently. We haven't had a clean sheet for ages, although we can also pass the blame to the back 4.

So what do you think? Stick with Robbo or maybe blood Alnwick, Cerny also?

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Paul Robinson
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »
stick with him all the way, he's a top keeper. Yeah he did have a bad start to the season but so did everyother player really. He's shown in the past month or so he really is number 1 in England.

Paul Greaves

Paul Robinson
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »
I think Cerny has shown himself to be worthy of a helping hand when Robbo's out, but when he's fit you can't waste his Talent.
People slate him but there's no denying that he's the best English keeper at this present time.
Alnwick needs time. He's very young and lacks experience, we need to expose him to this experience slowly so he isn't overwhelmed.
I think Rooney could be so much better if Fergie hadn't exposed him so early on to top flight football. We don't want that to happen!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Paul Robinson
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:01:56 PM »
Robbo's the go-to, even with his shaky moments. Cerny is definitely the #2 guy, and even goalkeepers get tired, so if we need to, we should rest Robbo against "weaker" opponents like Watford or the Spammers and save him for the matches where we're actually going to have a fight on our hands.

(This all being said, who could possibly NOT want a goal-scoring 'keeper as their #1? ;))

Alnwick has the potential there. We need to make sure he doesn't come up through the system quicker than he needs to, as Paul said, and the reasons for those aren't at all exclusive to the Beautiful Game. I've seen examples of it over and over again in ice hockey, where a player was rushed into the NHL and took much longer to get to their highest level of play. On the flip side, I've also seen examples of players who waited to make their top-level debut, then came in and dominated, in both football and ice hockey. So I say keep Alnwick in a position where he can refine his talent over time, then when he's really ready, start putting him in.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:27:55 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Paul Robinson
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »
Robbo has been a but shaky this season. No way as good as he was last season, he won us games last season. But he is a world class keeper and i would stick with him all the way

Paul Robinson
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 09:46:48 PM »
robbos a legend...thats it...he may let in what looks easy/soft goals every now or then but come on..chelski and manure aside i think every other club in the prem would have him as 1st choice..

that said would rather see alnwick than cerny(radek's done nothing wrong just would rather see the young lad)

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Paul Robinson
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 08:21:27 AM »
i have never seen ben play

Paul Robinson
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 11:37:06 AM »
i seen him play for sunderland hes pretty nifty..

Paul Robinson
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »
form is temporary - class is permenant. Robboo will be back to his old self in time. all he needs is support. wich he gets every game in the form of - "englands number 1. englands, englands number 1."

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Paul Robinson
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 09:26:27 PM »
I was at the Spurs v Sunderland home game last season and Alnwick played, He did very well untill he let Carrick meg him for the 3rd goal.

Paul Robinson
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
carrick, that b*stard. jsut joking.