Vidić 31'
Nani 85'
____

2-0
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 30th Oct 2010 - KO 17:30 - Ground: Old Trafford

Manchester Untied 1-0 Tottenham :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube

Manchester United 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur [matchhighlight.com] :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:57:03 PM by Biggs »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man Utd v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
I dont see a win here but we are capable of anything with the squad we have at the moment. I would be pleased if we get a draw, set up 4-4-2 and attack from the start and not sit back and set up shop like some teams do at Old Trafford. Cant wait for this one, its going to be only my 2nd trip up there with the spurs! YID ARMY

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:29:28 PM »
A win is very unlikely things just never go right for us against ManUre wherever we play them, even at 3 nil up or when putting the ball a yard over the line we dont come away with the points.

A draw is the best realistic possible result as at home they always have 12 men, the 12th player usually wears black and has a whistle.

We can come away with a draw though, just depends if we turn up and are up for it on the day!

Enjoy yr trip up SomersetYid, yell loud enough to make up for us here that cant get there  :ohyeah:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 01:59:01 AM »
I'm afraid of this fixture. I always am. I feel like we'd have to be winning 5-0 at half time to even have a chance. I suppose the only thing working for us is that it seems that it's United throwing away leads for a change. I'm predicting we lose 3-1. I can't allow myself to be optimistic about this fixture. I'll be thrilled if we get a point out of it.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »
^^ This is the only fixture home or away that i have no optimism year in year out. I always know that we are going to lose, i have alot more faith in getting a result against chelsea, Ars*nal etc but NEVER United. I would be over the moon for a draw, i wonder how were going to line up and what United team were going to face, because even the 2nd team that played Wolves in the Carling Cup on tuesday looked fairly strong!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 05:56:24 PM »
Personally I think we will get a draw, like metalanimal said even when we win or do well we always seem to come away empty handed......but the gap in class between us and themis getting smaller and with some luck who knows. If we really are going to start challenging then these are the games that we need to start getting results in !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »
It's funny how we all share the dread of this game although at the same time totally understandable.

I think Utd lack a lot these days but i still think nani will be too good for us. Rat face Neville will be allowed at least four horror tackles on Bale before getting booked so that wont help.

BUT you just never know. COYS

Somerset i am so jealous i really hope you enjoy your day, in fact i hope it is the best day of your life and you are forced to write a minute by minute account on here to celebrate our famous victory.

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »
Huddlestone & King BOTH ruled out. 2 Players that i feel could have made an impact on this game.

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »
This one is all about concentration. We have to stay focused for the whole 90 mins and no one can switch off for a second. We are capable of getting a result, my worry is are the players thinking about Milan on tuesday. Have predicted a 2-1 win mainly cos I'm an optomist.

Metalanimal Nice to see you you've found your way over here. Much better than the sun with all the idiot gooners spouting thier nonsense. (svince95)

Ref tomorrow is Mark Clattenberg. He still owes us big time from the Pedro Mendes episode. Lets hope he repays us tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:50:28 PM by Colspur66 »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 11:56:44 PM »
I'll be implementing the "expect the worst, hope for the best" strategy in full force tomorrow.  :-\
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has   revealed that striker Wayne Rooney could be out for more than three   weeks with his ankle injury.
Fellow striker Michael Owen is set to be out for four to five weeks with a hamstring problem.
Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone has failed to recover from an ankle injury.
Harry Redknapp says he may opt to put Gareth Bale on the bench with Tuesday's match against Inter Milan in mind.

Unbeaten but five points behind leaders Chelsea, Manchester United have   already drawn more games this season than they did in the whole of the   last campaign.
A 2-2 draw against West Brom in United's last league game at Old   Trafford was particularly damaging, given that the hosts had been 2-0   up. United's hopes of a record 19th league title were dented there and   then.
It was the sort of result to give Tottenham hope that they   can end their long barren run at Old Trafford. You have to go back to   1989 to find the last time Spurs won there, just five months after   Gareth Bale was born.
Bale has been in sensational form of late,   although Everton's Phil Neville did a good job keeping him quiet in the   1-1 draw at White Hart Lane last week. Phil's brother Gary - who could   make his 400th Premier League appearance on Saturday - will have taken   note.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
Hope Harry gives Niko a go on the left if Bale is rested
COYS!

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »
Its about time the lads put this absolute shocking and disgraceful history of winless results at old trafford to bed . To not win once here since the prem began is a joke also tying in with no win away at the big 4 in 67 attempts. i wont be holding my breath though for any excuse the players in general have for not getting a win in the likes of here they grasp with both hands every time and harry has given them the out already with his ridiculous press conference saying more or less tuesday means more to him . the bottom line is premiership points first and anything else is a bonus for its unlikely we;ll win champions league and if our intentions and application were 100% we;d have more than plenty to give a fragile United a beating today .

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 12:57:59 PM »
Its about time we did have a win at the Old Trafford and i know every one on here will think the same.  This season so far has proved Man Utd arent that strong as previous campaigns and  mother luck may be slipping from them but on the other side.  We are so Unpredicatable aint  we.  I think we may pull it off today but Harry has a squad to pick from.  Today and midweek are 2 ig games. He really needs to mix it up a bit, the likes of Kranj and Robbie and for god sake please leave the russian off the pitch....................

2 -1 to the Spurs 8D

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »
Welcome bootbooth and i admire your optimism and truly hope its rewarded COYS.