SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Everton

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Everton
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
Didn't strengthen the squad when we had the chance and now we are paying the price !!!

Thank you Mr Levy for promising so much and then snatching it away again !!!!!

>:(

What price? we are still in a healthy position. If we need to blame anybody then the time will come at the end of the season; we then can review the situation. So yes, we might be thanking Mr Levy; at least one way or another ;)

I think you are missing the point here. That we have yet again collapsed when it really matters. The fact that our closest rivals are not much better is of no real comfort. Do you really expect us to finish above Chelsea and Ars*nal now ?

No, I am not missing the point and yes I do think we will finish in the top 4 and yes I think we will finish above one or both of those clubs you mentioned. Of course If I am wrong then I will admit I am wrong; but we will only know this at the end of the season.

Well Voice I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong.

So do I, and I am sure everybody else will be thinking I am right.... or.... as I said above, we are in the s**t.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
Didn't strengthen the squad when we had the chance and now we are paying the price !!!

What price? we are still in a healthy position. If we need to blame anybody then the time will come at the end of the season; we then can review the situation. So yes, we might be thanking Mr Levy; at least one way or another ;)

I think you are missing the point here. That we have yet again collapsed when it really matters. The fact that our closest rivals are not much better is of no real comfort. Do you really expect us to finish above Chelsea and Ars*nal now ?

No, I am not missing the point and yes I do think we will finish in the top 4 and yes I think we will finish above one or both of those clubs you mentioned. Of course If I am wrong then I will admit I am wrong; but we will only know this at the end of the season.

So do I, and I am sure everybody else will be thinking I am right.... or.... as I said above, we are in the s**t.

Voice - after last nights display we better hope that Bale Lennon Defoe and maybe Kaboul are back, or I suspect we are in for a big disappointment to our seasons end.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »

I know this a thread about Everton, but no one has started anew one last night's match. Wise move!

As a Spurs supporter I would have liked to win the Europa, but as I mentioned before with our level of injuries , we are better off out of it. So, am I the only one glad that we got knocked out last night?

We have 10 days to rest and recuperate. The fact that we don't have to worry about fixtures other than finishing in the top 4 is abonus and IF our injured players make it back in time we should be back on track.

....As long as Adebayoor doesn't play :nope:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »
How can anyone be happy about our failure remains a mystery to me.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »

I have mixed feelings, have to admit I would have liked us to go on and win the Europa, but not at risking or EPL campaign.  So on reflection in view of our injuries, where we are in the season and how the EPL table sits it may be for the best we got dumped out.

By the time we play again we will have a game in hand vs the goons so that will be a good indicator as to where they and we are then, Norwich and Fulham though I cant see them doing us any favours vs the Goons, the goons seem to be a on run.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »

Voice - after last nights display we better hope that Bale Lennon Defoe and maybe Kaboul are back, or I suspect we are in for a big disappointment to our seasons end.

I thought that last nights game proved they can do well without Lennon, Defoe, Bale etc. Don't forget that we only lost on penalties and that is just a lottery. Nobody expected us to get two goals and if it wasn't for one of our players being sent off the match could have ended in our favour. In fact FC Basle couldn't even beat a 10 man team. That says something for Spurs against a top European team who beat some good teams. So congratulations to Spurs for doing so well.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »

I thought that last nights game proved they can do well without Lennon, Defoe, Bale etc. Don't forget that we only lost on penalties and that is just a lottery. Nobody expected us to get two goals and if it wasn't for one of our players being sent off the match could have ended in our favour. In fact FC Basle couldn't even beat a 10 man team. That says something for Spurs against a top European team who beat some good teams. So congratulations to Spurs for doing so well.
Basel is a strong outfit, they are consistently playing in CL and last season eliminated Man United. Not muppets for sure...

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »

Basel is a strong outfit, they are consistently playing in CL and last season eliminated Man United. Not muppets for sure...

Exactly and on top of that we pulled two goals back and were a man down. That says a lot.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »

If you read my post again, you will note that I would have preferred to win. Also I use the word "glad" not "happy". 2 different words with 2 different meanings.

Ars*nal have just jumped passed us today and we will be needing all our resources to finish and the point I was making is that qualifying for the CL is more important under the present circumstances. IMO

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »

If you read my post again, you will note that I would have preferred to win. Also I use the word "glad" not "happy". 2 different words with 2 different meanings.

Ars*nal have just jumped passed us today and we will be needing all our resources to finish and the point I was making is that qualifying for the CL is more important under the present circumstances. IMO

I wasn't referring to you, just all supporters who think we don't have enough space in our trophy cabinet.  ;)

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »

Exactly and on top of that we pulled two goals back and were a man down. That says a lot.

Did we win or lose ...... that says even more !!!
Without our star players we just are not good enough, take off the rose tinted glasses and take a good long look because we are going to struggle to stay in the top four. Have you noticed how our rivals for the top four are all now coming into form and we are dropping points !!
I really hope I'm wrong but this could be a long and painfull end to the season !!!
:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »

Without our star players we just are not good enough, take off the rose tinted glasses and take a good long look because we are going to struggle to stay in the top four. Have you noticed how our rivals for the top four are all now coming into form and we are dropping points !!
I really hope I'm wrong but this could be a long and painfull end to the season !!!

This is nothing to do with tinted glasses. I think we are all aware of the fact that thare too many around us doing well including Everton who, if they winn at the Emirates on Tuesday will be on the same 58 points and if Ars*nal win they will go 4 points clear. So, we now have to rely on a good all draw and a win for us next Sunday to frog leap Ars*nal assuming that Chelsea don't win in mid week either. But, I am sure that all at the Lane are well aware of this and that our key players are ready. Besides AVB will have prepared plans B, C & D.   :nods:

We all know that only one to blame for this is Levy. A couple of decent signings in Jan would have made all the difference.  I cannot understand how Loic Remy went to QPR for £8M!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »
We lost on a penalty shootout (which is a lottery) and not actually playing football, by a team that beat some top European clubs. We went to their home and not only got two goals back but held them to a draw on their own ground with 10 men. As I said in a previous post. Skill is one thing, luck players also a part.
The critic always looks at the dissenter and says he is looking “through rose tinted glasses” because he doesn’t think he is ever wrong. I try to deal with facts.
Fact one: we have done well without Bale, Lennon and others. In both games I thought we were a better side and had most of the game. Remember with Lennon and Bale in we lost to Everton, with them out we drew 2-2 and were the better side.
Fact two: We are in a healthy position (so-far) and did well in the Europa league. To properly judge we need to look at the end of the season with a clear head.
Fact three: as I said in a previous post to you. Forget what I think, the sports journalists – and even the fans – think AVB and Spurs are doing well. I go to all the matches (home) and I haven’t spoken to anybody who is as critical as you are (I tell a lie, I met Baldbloke at Spurs). In fact the majority on this forum are quite positive about AVB and Spurs. I am certainly not looking through rose tinted glasses.

The time to assess how we’ve done this season is at the end of the season, not when we are on a healthy position. You could be right but as things stand at the moment you are not.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »

This is nothing to do with tinted glasses. I think we are all aware of the fact that thare too many around us doing well including Everton who, if they winn at the Emirates on Tuesday will be on the same 58 points and if Ars*nal win they will go 4 points clear. So, we now have to rely on a good all draw and a win for us next Sunday to frog leap Ars*nal assuming that Chelsea don't win in mid week either. But, I am sure that all at the Lane are well aware of this and that our key players are ready. Besides AVB will have prepared plans B, C & D.   :nods:

We all know that only one to blame for this is Levy. A couple of decent signings in Jan would have made all the difference.  I cannot understand how Loic Remy went to QPR for £8M!

I will agree with you at the end of the season that Levy has misjudged the situation if we finish below fourth.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »
I cannot understand how Loic Remy went to QPR for £8M!
What do you think? For silly wages and a clause to be let go unless QPR stay up. Safe bet, I would say.