Re: Tottenham v Everton
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Well, could have gone worse.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
I thought we did well. We had most of the possession and we spent most of the match in their half. In other words we should have won.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »
With how the table sits our immediate fate for keeping 4th slot when all teams are on 32 games is now, as usual in the hands and determined by other results.  If the Goons win they go above us!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
With how the table sits our immediate fate for keeping 4th slot when all teams are on 32 games is now, as usual in the hands and determined by other results.  If the Goons win they go above us!
But only by a point, and of course they've got to win that game.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
1 point is better than no points I suppose  but with the possession
should have had all 3.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »
Didn't strengthen the squad when we had the chance and now we are paying the price !!!

Thank you Mr Levy for promising so much and then snatching it away again !!!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
In AVB we have the manager to do it, he and us supporters have been badly let down by lack of investment.

This is our most important season for many many years really is make or break to push on or sink back to mid table   struggle again as I fear that is what will happen if this season flops, stars go and top players wont even open an offer email from THFC let alone read it!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »
Pity we couldn't get 3 points from all the possession we had and we did OK without Bale or Lennon and as Voice pointed out, we lost our last meeting with Bale playing. That 1 point will be more important than we think.

The Arse will have played their game in hand by the week-end and could be above us by 1 point and Chelsea could jump us all by next Wednesday. That is the harsh reality atm.

All upcoming games will be hard for us and them alike, so fortunately, nothing is final and if the injuries to both Bale and Lennon are short term (+ the return of Kaboul), we could finish the season with a full side.

The only thing I hope for now is that we get knocked out of Europa as soon as possible.  :nods:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
Didn't strengthen the squad when we had the chance and now we are paying the price !!!

What price? we are still in a healthy position. If we need to blame anybody then the time will come at the end of the season; we then can review the situation. So yes, we might be thanking Mr Levy; at least one way or another ;)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »

What price? we are still in a healthy position. If we need to blame anybody then the time will come at the end of the season; we then can review the situation. So yes, we might be thanking Mr Levy; at least one way or another ;)

I think you are missing the point here. That we have yet again collapsed when it really matters. The fact that our closest rivals are not much better is of no real comfort. Do you really expect us to finish above Chelsea and Ars*nal now ?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »

I think you are missing the point here. That we have yet again collapsed when it really matters. The fact that our closest rivals are not much better is of no real comfort. Do you really expect us to finish above Chelsea and Ars*nal now ?

No, I am not missing the point and yes I do think we will finish in the top 4 and yes I think we will finish above one or both of those clubs you mentioned. Of course If I am wrong then I will admit I am wrong; but we will only know this at the end of the season.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 08:59:38 AM »
   I think you are missing the point, the point being that if we don't, then the end of the season will be too late, can you not see that. This is what Ugs and RSS61 are getting at. We will probably lose players and because we are not in the CL our chances of signing quality players will diminish considerably.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »

No, I am not missing the point and yes I do think we will finish in the top 4 and yes I think we will finish above one or both of those clubs you mentioned. Of course If I am wrong then I will admit I am wrong; but we will only know this at the end of the season.

Well Voice I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
   I think you are missing the point, the point being that if we don't, then the end of the season will be too late, can you not see that. This is what Ugs and RSS61 are getting at. We will probably lose players and because we are not in the CL our chances of signing quality players will diminish considerably.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

No I am not missing the point. I know exactly what they are saying. You are presuming, as I am.... but only one of us will be right, but I am sure you are with me and hope that I am right because if I am not then we are in trouble.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do