____

Inter Milan

Europa League - 7th Mar  - KO 20:05  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Inter Milan
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:18:18 AM »
After our performance yesterday and the results of other games I really cannot see a reason why we could not win the bloody cup. Come on, lads, make us proud.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 07:55:45 AM »
Certainly we are up among the best (if not the best)  with a performance like this.

:coys:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:21:23 AM »
     I am not trying to be a smart arse, I have just watched the 1st Half and about 20 mins of the second half, were we really playing Inter Milan, because if we were, I cannot believe how poor they were, and that is not being derogatory to Spurs, how many shots on goal, times they actually entered our penalty area, or actually threatened our goal, I can tell you NOT MANY, they were pathetic. Yes we played well and were worth our win, but guys don't get carried away, there are a lot of far better teams than Inter left in the competition, and yes I do believe that we can win it. Lets not get too carried away, is all I am saying.

:up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
Part of the reason, I thought, why Inter were so inept was because we started so well. It caught them by surprise I think. For me Verthonghen (again) was outstanding, as were Sigurdsson Dembele and Parker.
Going forwards, yet again, the only real problem I see is Adebayor, and now Defoe, who have both lost the ability to hit the back of the net, though to be fair to him Defoe looked sharp all evening, he just needs to re-discover his goal scoring confidence.
One goal for us in 2nd leg and it will be all over. However I dont expect Inter to be so bad at home.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
Part of the reason, I thought, why Inter were so inept was because we started so well. It caught them by surprise I think. For me Verthonghen (again) was outstanding, as were Sigurdsson Dembele and Parker.
Going forwards, yet again, the only real problem I see is Adebayor, and now Defoe, who have both lost the ability to hit the back of the net, though to be fair to him Defoe looked sharp all evening, he just needs to re-discover his goal scoring confidence.
One goal for us in 2nd leg and it will be all over. However I dont expect Inter to be so bad at home.
3:0 is a pretty solid lead and to make matters worse for Inter they have no away goals. So, basically they could beat us 4:1 at San Siro and we would still proceed. Obviously I hope they won't trash us as it could damage morale.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20:36 PM »
Great win and a solid performance, whilst I would like us to win the cup I still believe the EPL and finishing within the top 4, as high as possible is priority.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
I thought Inter Milan was poor but we mustn’t take anything away from our performance. We deserved to win and we were the better team. Spurs started of the season shaky but have learnt from that. It was one of the best performances I’ve seen for a long time. They are knitting well together. The next match will be without Bale but the way the whole team played I think they will manage without him. Excellent performance.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:28:10 PM »
I cannot see us lose in Milan. All we need is to score one goal and they would need 5 to take us out. We showed that we can we score without Bale!

I thought Sigurdson had a good game!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
I cannot see us lose in Milan. All we need is to score one goal and they would need 5 to take us out. We showed that we can we score without Bale!

Joolz I agree, can't see Milan stopping us from scoring at least 1, AVB should be able to rest some of the more infuencial players or better still play a full side score a couple and then take them off at half time !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »

Joolz I agree, can't see Milan stopping us from scoring at least 1, AVB should be able to rest some of the more infuencial players or better still play a full side score a couple and then take them off at half time !!!

Even though I agree with you we shouldn't underestimate Inter Milan. They are old dogs in Europe and I can see them making a fight back. We under estimate them and we will lose.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »

He put out our league cup team didnt he? talk about make it tough we are through now a big win against Fulham Sunday is a must for our EPL campaign.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »
A tough game but we are through.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 03:50:24 AM »
And that my good people is what being a Spurs fan is all about. Take nothing for granted, life is never easy and no matter what the situation Super Spurs will make a tightrope walk out of a stroll in the park
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 07:26:57 AM »
      Perhaps now some of you will share my Trepidation regarding the PL, let last night be a lesson to all of us, don't take anything for granted, personally I would have been quite happy for us to have been knocked out of the Europa League, because we have far more important "fish to fry" namely qualifying for the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, winning the Europa League does not get us into the "CL", now our players are knackered after having to play 120 mins against Inter and have 2 days to recover before playing Fulham at Home in an important PL Game, THAT WE MUST WIN, in order to maintain our PUSH to finish TOP 4.
      I don't think anyone who posts on this site can or will argue with me on this!!!!

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:
    Its called getting OUR PRIORITIES RIGHT gentlemen, something we have all seemed to have forgotten.
       :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:31:56 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font