Newcastle

Barclays Premier League - 9th Feb  - KO 12:45  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
    I am amazed that no-one has had anything to say about Sat's game, did we lose? are we fighting to stave off relegation? NO WE ARE NOT!! WE WON 2-1 !!, WE ARE 4th!!, 1 PT BEHIND CHELSEA and 5 PTS BEHIND MAN CITY. What the f**k is the matter with everyone? I thought we played well, never looked like losing, and could have scored 3 or 4 goals. I questioned some of the initial selections,(Benny, Verthonghen and Ade on the bench, don't understand why Holtby was substituted) but the important thing was that we won, 3 more pts in the bag.

COYS    :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
      Here we are its Tues and I am the only person that has anything to say about the game that was played 3 days ago. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

:-[ :-[ :-[

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
I'm sorry.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
    I am amazed that no-one has had anything to say about Sat's game, did we lose? are we fighting to stave off relegation? NO WE ARE NOT!! WE WON 2-1 !!, WE ARE 4th!!, 1 PT BEHIND CHELSEA and 5 PTS BEHIND MAN CITY. What the f**k is the matter with everyone? I thought we played well, never looked like losing, and could have scored 3 or 4 goals. I questioned some of the initial selections,(Benny, Verthonghen and Ade on the bench, don't understand why Holtby was substituted) but the important thing was that we won, 3 more pts in the bag.

Yes Benny & Vert were strange decisions. Not sure I agree with your analysis of how we played though. I thought Dembelee and Parker were poor going forwards, and without Bale we would have struggled to win.
Holtby looked good, I guess he wanted to give Ade a go. He looked half asleep aside from his assist for 2nd goal.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »

Yes Benny & Vert were strange decisions. Not sure I agree with your analysis of how we played though. I thought Dembelee and Parker were poor going forwards, and without Bale we would have struggled to win.
Holtby looked good, I guess he wanted to give Ade a go. He looked half asleep aside from his assist for 2nd goal.
Parker is generally not supposed to go forward, he's staying back to try to break up counter attacks.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 08:45:24 PM »
Played for the full 98 minutes which was good to see.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 12:19:57 AM »

Is it possible that we are now expecting to win and this winning lark is becoming a habit or is it that we are still very nervous and feel a little aprehensive about retaining our 4th spot with a list of big games coming up. Just the same AVB did rotate and to be frank, I was a liitle concerned, but it worked.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:40 AM »
I thought that we were poor as a team... But we still f**king beat Newcastle, so it was more a feeling of relief that elation for me because that was without a doubt the type of game we used to lose with consistency.

Winning games while playing not so well is a quality we've lacked, so I'll call it a success!

Also, Holtby is looking like a solid acquisition.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 06:41:52 AM »
      I thought Parker looked very solid in his role as defensive midfield, he is almost back to the form of last season, I agree Dembele looks to be lacking confidence at the moment, which is affecting his form, the commentators made mention of that as well. I didn't think Newcastle posed any problems, defensively we looked quite strong, especially when Benny came on.We are struggling up front, but hopefully Ade will hit some form and start scoring, Holtby, as I said in a previous post, gives us more attacking options, by that I mean he frees up Bale which allows him(Bale) to play more of a central attacking midfield role, and as we saw on Sat, Defenders s**t themselves when he runs at them. I still have my doubts about Dempsey, although his performances of late have got better.
     I am starting to think that 2nd or 3rd is becoming very achievable.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:23 AM »
      I thought Parker looked very solid in his role as defensive midfield, he is almost back to the form of last season, I agree Dembele looks to be lacking confidence at the moment, which is affecting his form, the commentators made mention of that as well. I didn't think Newcastle posed any problems, defensively we looked quite strong, especially when Benny came on.We are struggling up front, but hopefully Ade will hit some form and start scoring, Holtby, as I said in a previous post, gives us more attacking options, by that I mean he frees up Bale which allows him(Bale) to play more of a central attacking midfield role, and as we saw on Sat, Defenders s**t themselves when he runs at them. I still have my doubts about Dempsey, although his performances of late have got better.
    I am starting to think that 2nd or 3rd is becoming very achievable.

If, and its a very big If, we can beat Chelsea and Man City then I would agree with that. On a more realistic note, to beat Ars*nal and finish 4th would be a very big achievement I think.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
RSS61,
           There is no reason why we can't beat Chelsea, Man City or Ars*nal, are they playing any better than us at the moment? NO they are not, Are their results better than ours? again NO they are not. Are they worried about playing us? Yes they bloody well are, and so they should be. Why? because our form is better than theirs. We have no reason to fear anyone at the moment. POSITIVE THINKING my friend POSITIVE THINKING. I said POSITIVE not WISHFUL.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 10:44:58 AM »
 I was labelled a DOOM and GLOOMER because I had the audacity to challenge some decisions that were made by Levy, I stand by those comments, but it does not stop me from supporting and wanting SPURS to succeed!!!!

:up: :up: :up:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 03:00:09 PM »
I was labelled a DOOM and GLOOMER because I had the audacity to challenge some decisions that were made by Levy, I stand by those comments, but it does not stop me from supporting and wanting SPURS to succeed!!!!

:up: :up: :up:

So it was you (amongst others) who criticised AVB's tactics a few weeks ago!!   :hide:
Glad to see that you have seen the "error of your ways" and realised that he needed  just a little time to settle in and even if our squad is still  abit thin, he has made us tougher and our game is improving as a result.

"Good ole AVB, hey"! who would have thought...?  :lol: