____

QPR

Barclays Premier League - 30th Oct  - KO 16:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v QPR
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
QPR could be a slippery slope, especially after they beat Chelsea. Lets' just hope we won't be doing the usual Spurs who for some reason cannot win against inferior sides. Come on, keep the run going, lads!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
I wouldn't class QPR as an inferior side, Ars*nal yes, but not QPR! Ok, they were lucky v 9 Chelsea players last week, but i doubt that this will happen to us. In addition we may have a few injured players taking some part depending how the game goes.

Having said that, I trust Kaboul and Bassong at the back. Makeshift yes, but they are both French speaking and there is a bond good understanding between them.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »
Hey guys lets not let our heads drop.
This is QPR coming to N17 and we are having a good run!!!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 08:34:59 AM »
I've been waiting years for this game. My Brother in law is a huge Rangers fan it will be nice to be able to give him some stick providing we beat them. I thought they were very poor against Chelsea they had no invention and seemed very predictable. Against 9 men they should have had a field day but even with a shortage of numbers Chelsea still looked the better side and created more chances.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »
LIVE HERE : http://www.sportp2p.com/football/tottenham-hotspur-qpr-24226.html

i find a link , i can post it? or not?

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
QPR could be a slippery slope, especially after they beat Chelsea. Lets' just hope we won't be doing the usual Spurs who for some reason cannot win against inferior sides. Come on, keep the run going, lads!

What we missed last season was the drive and nous to win games like this and the Wolves game - Scott Parker gives that, and that is why he was brought.
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »
:coys:

Watched the highlights on YouTube, and here were my thoughts:

Goal 1 for Spurs - this is what happens when you have good teamwork.

Goal 2 for Spurs - If this were ice hockey, Ledley King would have himself a big ol' A to show for that one. (As in "assist.") A bad shot turned into a good pass as it stopped dead in VdV's legs, and the keeper didn't really know what to make of it. :P

Goal 3 for Spurs - Legendary 1-2 between Bale and Lennon.
I'm glad I started following Spurs. No baloney. :up:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »

What we missed last season was the drive and nous to win games like this and the Wolves game - Scott Parker gives that, and that is why he was brought.
Ah yes... I still remember phrases such as "too old", "too slow", "injury prone" and of course the usual "not good enough" (what ever that's supposed to mean) when his transfer was discussed around here. :P
He really has set the place alight again, hasn't he?!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »
6 out of 7 wins dare I say it Championship form, but alas I fear that we will be denied by a two bob outfit that have bought the title. I know I know that its a bit premature to say that we are championship material but if we can continue our form and continue to pick up good away points hell why not!!!
This is the best Tottenham side that I can remember in the forty years I have supported the Lillywhites even better than the early 80's side with Ardiles, Villa and Hoddle, and the '87 side with Hoddle, Waddle and Allen.
Yesterday we played them off the park in the first half and but for some inspired goalkeeping by Kenny we would of gone in at half time 4 or 5-0 up. Even in the second half when they threw the lot at us we didn't look too troubled and even looked the more likely to score and them scoring only seemed to spur us on even more !!!
All the Redknapp knockers need to have a word with themselves and start praying that he gets overlooked for the England job because he is creating something very special at the Lane and we are all going to be part of it !!!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »
Piss poor 2nd half until we bucked up our ideas thanks to their goal