• Season Ticket: No
Hearts 0-5 Tottenham
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »

Hearts
____

v
____

Tottenham

Europa League Qualifying - 18th Aug 2011 - KO 19:45 - Ground: Tynecastle Stadium

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:38:17 PM by Southend_Yid »

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Hearts v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
Thought the kick off is at 19.45 mate?  ???

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:19:15 PM »

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
Well its on ITV4 and there Coverage starts at 7. With a 7.45 kick off.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:12:40 AM »
It's 7:45 and it's going to be a bloody messy day. Can't wait
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
It's 7:45 and it's going to be a bloody messy day. Can't wait

You will have a great day out, Tink-Castle is a great little ground and the atmosphere will probably surprise you.

My only warning will be watch your back, their 'mob' tend not to care so much about who they attack and will pick on stragglers and normal fans just for the hell of it. Cowards would be the word i would use.

Looks like it might be a messy day out as a good few Aberdeen have taken up the option for a nice day out in the capital as well but i hope you have a great (trouble free) day out and Spurs make sure we get the result.

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »
Thanks mate.

I'm sure it'll be a cracking day and a fantastic atmosphere in and around the City centre. I'd imagine about 1800 Spurs will be making the trip.

Will watch my back but I doubt it'll be any worse than the usual trips, you'd be stupid to start trouble when we're in a group of 20+.

My only problem and concern is this s**tty festival. The police will be everywhere and they will be looking for any sort of trouble and will be cuff happy.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
Hearts are close to full strength for the Europa League first-leg qualifier against Tottenham.
Eggert Jonsson and Arvydas Novikovas have shaken off knocks, while David Obua and Andy Webster have resumed training after injuries.
Tottenham Ledley King is recovering from knee surgery and Sandro, Alan Hutton, William Gallas and Steven Pienaar are all out.
There are also doubts over Jermaine Jenas, Luka Modric and Tom Huddlestone.
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp may be forced to play the likes of Jake Livermore and Danny Rose.
However, the visitors are buoyed by the news that influential playmaker Rafael van der Vaart has fully recovered from an ankle injury.
Striker Kevin Kyle is the only absentee for Hearts as he battles back from a hip problem.
Whether Redknapp selects a first-choice line-up or not, Sergio knows his Hearts side must be at their very best.
"They have to be favourites," said the Portuguese. "Every Tottenham player is a very good player.
"We're going to have lots of work no matter what team they have."

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »
                         Gomes
Walker.      Dawson.    Kaboul.      BAE
Lennon.     Livermore  Kranjcar.    Bale
                   Defoe.      Pav

He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:23 PM »
Well, this is fun. They certainly brought the fight to us, eh? Love watching the boys play through the middle with those short quick passes. So used to watching them play it outside and dump it into the box. Imagine we'll see Rose, Townsend, and Pav pretty soon.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
I dedicate this to the Hearts defence.

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND

BURN TO THE GROUND!!!

Loving this result.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
Geez. Can we start Kane and Coulibaly up top next week just for fun?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

Re: Hearts 0-5 Tottenham
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
Tottenham showed no signs of rustiness in their first competitive game of the season as they demolished Hearts in their Europa League play-off first leg.
Rafael van der Vaart opened the scoring on five minutes when he slotted in after Hearts failed to clear.
Jermain Defoe and Jake Livermore added similar goals with Van der Vaart involved in good build-up play.
Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon then completed the rout when they scored on the counter attack.
There could have been more goals for Harry Redknapp's side with Defoe also hitting the bar in the first half despite being flagged offside.
But the performance showed that rather than suffering from a lack of meaningful action after their Premier League match against Everton was cancelled because of riots in north London, they had a real appetite to get their season up and running.
The goals from five different scorers came on a night when Spurs were hampered by injury, but they passed the ball around with ease in a dominant display.
It may be stretching it to say the victory showed they would be able to cope without midfielder Luka Modric, who has been linked with Chelsea, such was the lack of bite from the hosts.
Yet the emergence of Livermore, alongside Niko Kranjcar, will give watching supporters reason to think the future is bright.
All evening the hosts struggled to pick up Van der Vaart, who was playing behind Defoe and had a hand in all three first-half goals.
His influence dictated the tempo of their attacks, yet once Spurs had taken a two-goal lead the game was shorn of its edge and gaps appeared all over the park.
Bale had already looked menacing down the left before Spurs went ahead and the goals before the break all began on that flank.
Defoe cut in to play a one-two with Van der Vaart but when the ball bounced off a defender and Marius Zaliukas failed to clear, it dropped to the Dutchman, who calmly finished.
Next it was Kranjcar who found Van der Vaart, and when he slipped the ball to Livermore, the 21-year-old created space for Defoe to prod home.
Livermore then crowned a fine display when he scored his first Tottenham goal, with Van der Vaart again the architect and Defoe playing the final pass.
The first meaningful effort by Paulo Sergio's side came on 38 minutes when Ryan Stevenson cut in from the left and fired wide of the post.
But despite the gulf in class between the two teams, the newly-appointed Portuguese coach will have been disappointed by Hearts' lack of pressure on the ball.
They rallied briefly after half-time when a succession of corners created some cheer for the home supporters who had began the game in good voice.
Twice Michael Dawson cleared, however, and when Andy Driver's goal-bound cross was diverted over by Stevenson, it summed up a miserable night for the Scottish team.
Just after the hour, Bale collected Benoit Assou Ekotto's lofted pass to round Marian Kello and put the second leg next Thursday beyond all doubt.
Lennon then added the gloss when he tucked in Defoe's cross after a smart pass on the counter attack by substitute Andros Townsend.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »
Serious gulf in quality there tonight...it was like a pratice match in all honesty...it was a bit of a patched up Spurs team too that Harry put out,god knows what the score would have be if we had our first 11 on!

Special mention for walker and livermore they both look really good players.

"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
I forgot how s**t Scotland is.