SpursNetwork

Monday Paper Talk

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Monday Paper Talk
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2013, 06:39:30 AM »
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is willing to let striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 29, go out on loan - to save him from playing with the reserves. QPR are tipped as being the most likely destination for the Togo striker.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Federico Macheda has had loan spells at Sampdoria, QPR and Stuttgart
Ars*nal and Manchester City have been alerted to the availability of Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes after the 31-year stated his desire to leave the Spanish champions at the end of the season.
Full story: Daily Star
Manchester United striker Federico Macheda, 22, is on the verge of sealing a loan move to Doncaster Rovers.
Full story: Doncaster Free Press
Chelsea's new striker Samuel Eto'o, 32, says he was close to joining Ars*nal before he signed for Mallorca in 2000.
Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard suffered threats to him and his family during training in the build-up to his side's Premier League match against Swansea on Monday.
Full story: Liverpool Echo
Manchester United boss David Moyes says striker Wayne Rooney, 27, should be aiming to score 30 goals this season and insists he should form a formidable partnership with team-mate Robin van Persie.
Full story: The Guardian
Premier League referees are to be warned against talking to managers after former official Mark Halsey's claim that he was on texting terms with ex-Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson. Halsey admitted he contacted Ferguson in his book, About Time.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has warned Luis Suarez that he will no longer be the main man at Liverpool when he returns from suspension.
Full story: Metro
Monaco defender Eric Abidal, 34, has revealed that former Barcelona team-mate Dani Alves offered to donate his liver to him before he underwent surgery.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2013, 08:32:16 AM »
Udinese are looking to beat Manchester United to the signing of Desportivo Brasil youngster Bruno Gomes, 17.

Ars*nal and Juventus are interested in Basel defender Fabian Schar
Full story: Daily Express
Ars*nal and Juventus are weighing up a move for Basel centre-back Fabian Schar, 21.
Full story: insidefutbol
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed that there is no recall clause in Romelu Lukaku's loan deal at Everton.
Full story: Daily Mail
Former Chelsea boss Avram Grant has questioned the way in which Jose Mourinho is marginalising playmaker Juan Mata.
Full story: the Metro
Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan saves against Norwich
David Flitcroft is in a fight to keep his job - after only 36 games as Barnsley manager.
Leighton Baines admits fantasy football banter with Leon Osman inspired his brilliant free-kick brace at West Ham.
Full story: the Metro

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:22 AM »
West Brom are to make on-loan Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano, 28, a permanent signing after he scored in the Baggies' 2-1 win over Manchester United.
Newcastle United will need to pay £7m if they want to sign PSV Eindhoven goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet, 22, in January.
Full story: Newcastle Chronicle
Manager David Moyes ignored pleas from Sir Alex Ferguson to retain his backroom staff at Manchester United.
Full story: the Sun

England Under-21 international Saido Berahino was born in Burundi before moving to England aged 10.
Moyes has called on his United players to respond after their worst start to a season in 24 years.
Full story: the Times (subscription required)
West Brom's 20-year-old striker Saido Berahino, who scored the winner for the Baggies against Manchester United on Saturday, currently earns £850 a week.
Steve McClaren and Tony Pulis are on the list to replace Paolo Di Canio as Sunderland manager as owner Ellis Short considers his options.
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, 29, is facing a four-game ban after being sent off against Tottenham for two bookable offences, with the Football Association set to review a separate incident when the Spain international appeared to scratch Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has told his players to study DVDs of last season's stunning win against Barcelona in the Champions League in a bid to inspire them ahead of Tuesday's rematch.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, 29, is facing a four-game ban after being sent off against Tottenham for two bookable offences, with the Football Association set to review a separate incident when the Spain international appeared to scratch Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen.

Muppet. :tickedoff:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2013, 05:51:47 PM »

Muppet. :tickedoff:

It seems he got away with it.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
Got away with it.   Muppett

:hide:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2013, 06:01:21 AM »
Manchester United are determined not to let Belgian forward Adnan Januzaj, 18, leave the club for free. Januzaj is out of contract at the end of this season and both Manchester City and Juventus are interested, but United will offer him a four-year deal worth around £50,000-a-week.
West Brom defender Jonas Olsson, 30, says he never got distracted by rumours linking him to Ars*nal before he signed a new contract at The Hawthorns.
Full story: Sky Sports
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has backed Januzaj to become a top player at Old Trafford.

Adnan Januzaj joined Manchester United in 2011 as a 16-year-old from Anderlecht
Former QPR chairman Gianni Paladini is on the verge of buying Birmingham City. Paladini left the London club in 2011.
Norwich City midfielder Jonny Howson, 25, says the Canaries will learn from their defeat by Chelsea.
Full story: Norwich Evening News
Fulham have offered former Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen a backroom staff position at Craven Cottage.
League Two side Burton Albion were forced to call up veteran goalkeeper Kevin Poole, 50, for the 2-1 win at Wycombe after an injury to Dean Lyness. Poole retired at the end of last season and joined the coaching staff but was an unused substitute on Saturday.
Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola enjoyed some Bavarian culture with a beer as his team took part in a bonding session at Octoberfest.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2013, 05:50:13 AM »
Crystal Palace will make another attempt to sign Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim, 22, when the transfer window reopens in January, with his loan at Norwegian side Stromsgodset due to end in December.

Richards is yet to appear in the Premier League for Manchester City this season.
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is considering a bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, 25, to provide competition for right-back Mathieu Debuchy.
Full story: talkSPORT
Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes, 31, has hinted he will turn down Ars*nal and join Monaco instead at the end of the season.
Manchester City plan to give right-back Reece Wabara, 21, a new long-term contract - and a chance in the Premier League.
Former England caretaker boss Peter Taylor is set to take over from Martin Allen at Gillingham.
England Under-21 manager Gareth Southgate has called for the introduction of a quota to limit the number of foreign players allowed per team in the Championship and the lower tiers of English football.
Full story: The Times (subscription required)
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has admitted the Magpies have "too many" foreign players.
A group of Newcastle fans have organised a march under the banner 'Time 4 Change' to protest about owner Mike Ashley's running of the club for Saturday's home match against Liverpool.
Full story: Evening Chronicle
Liverpool's hopes of redeveloping Anfield are under threat because bats have been seen flying around the stadium.
Ireland Under-19 manager Paul Doolin said he "instantly thought of David Beckham" after Reading youngster Liam Kelly's remarkable halfway line effort against Sweden at the weekend.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »
I read that Townsend has signed a new contract; from £6,000 per week to £16,000 per week.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »
Chelsea are poised to spend £50m on Marseille midfielder Giannelli Imbula, 21, and FC Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala, 22, in the January transfer window.

Giannelli Imbula joined Marseille from Guingamp at the start of the season
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is due to address his team's striker shortage by attempting to sign Iceland's Alfred Finnbogason, 24, from Dutch club Heerenveen.
Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom, 20, looks set to join Championship club Derby County on loan.
Sir Alex Ferguson reveals losing the Premier League title to Manchester City during his penultimate season at Manchester United was the biggest blow of his managerial career.
Full story: Daily Telegraph
Manchester United are on the verge of losing the title if David Moyes does not quickly rediscover the club's air of invincibility, according to Alan Hansen.
Former England captain Alan Shearer has urged manager Roy Hodgson not to bow to calls for Chelsea's John Terry to be tempted out of international retirement.
Full story: The Sun (subscription required)
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is likely to escape a touchline ban for his side's visit of Manchester City after the Portuguese was sent to the stands for an outburst aimed at referee Anthony Taylor during Saturday's 4-1 win over Cardiff City.
Meanwhile, Cardiff will seek an explanation from the Professional Game Match Officials Limited general manager, Mike Riley, as to why the referee, Taylor, allowed Samuel Eto'o's controversial Chelsea equaliser to stand.

John Terry quit international football in September 2012
Ars*nal forward Theo Walcott, 24, has been ruled out for at least another two weeks after suffering a setback on his recovery from abdominal surgery. He will miss the Gunners' next three games.
Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp says his side can beat Ars*nal at the Emirates in their Champions League group fixture on Tuesday, despite his ban from the touchline for abusing a match official during the 2-1 win over Napoli.
Meanwhile, ahead of the fixture, former Brentford manager and former Manchester City striker Uwe Rosler says German football is more modern that the English game.
Full story: The Independent
Former Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean is set for a return to management with Asian Singapore League club Brunei DPMM.
Neil Warnock could make a return to football as Birmingham City's director of football if his former QPR chairman Gianni Paladini completes a takeover of the Championship club.
In the wake of assistant referee David Bryan being hit by a smoke bomb in Tottenham's 2-0 win at Aston Villa, former Premier League referee Graham Poll says the safety of officials must be scrutinised before it is too late.
Newcastle United defender Paul Dummett, 22, is on the verge of signing a new contract with the club after scoring his first senior goal against Liverpool on Saturday.

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini fired up his players for their 3-1 victory over West Ham by lying to them about Manchester United's result. Pellegrini told his players their rivals had beaten Southampton, neglecting to mention the Saints' late equaliser.
Former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill scored the fastest goal in Major League Soccer history when he struck for New York Red Bulls just seven seconds into their clash with Houston Dynamo.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2013, 05:16:16 AM »
Manchester United are keeping a close eye on how Gareth Bale, 24, adapts to life at Real Madrid with view to a shock move for the Welshman next year.

The start of Bale's Real Madrid career has been hampered by injury niggles
Ars*nal, Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund are in competition for Olympiakos's Greek striker Kostas Mitroglou, 25, who has scored 14 goals in 14 games.
Chelsea will test Manchester United's desire to keep hold of in-form Wayne Rooney, 28, with a new £35m bid in January.
Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman has admitted that Bruno Martins Indi, 21, may have to be sold amid speculation linking the defender with a move to the Premier League.
Manchester United have been linked with a move for Basel's Michael Goncalves, with reports in Switzerland suggesting a bid could be made as early as January for the 18-year-old defender.
Ars*nal, Chelsea and Tottenham have started monitoring Anderlecht attacking midfielders Dennis Praet, 19, and Youri Tielemans, 16, who both played in the Champions League against Paris St-Germain last week.
Steve Bruce will look into the option of making on-loan Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore, 23, a permanent Hull player in January.
Manchester United manager David Moyes admits he will consider the possibility of sending winger Wilfried Zaha, 20, out on loan in January.

Crystal Palace hope to appoint former Stoke boss Tony Pulis as Ian Holloway's successor this week, but Pulis is understood to have major reservations about taking charge of the Premier League's bottom club.
Former England manager Terry Venables believes Tottenham winger Andros Townsend is the missing ingredient that can ensure Roy Hodgson's men make an impact at next summer's World Cup.
Full story: London Evening Standard
Stoke boss Mark Hughes, the former Manchester United striker, believes David Moyes will be manager at Old Trafford "for a long time."
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, 24, has claimed his excellent start to the season is partly down to pre-season advice from former Chelsea team-mate Didier Drogba.
Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki was at Anfield to watch her favourite team Liverpool beat West Brom on Saturday, saying: "I love all the traditions of the club and I know a few guys on the team. I love coming to watch the games. The atmosphere is just amazing."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2013, 06:25:30 AM »
West Ham, who have failed to score in six out of their 10 Premier League games, are preparing a bid for 28-year-old striker Chelsea striker Demba Ba.

Demba Ba has not scored in five Chelsea appearances this season
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been given permission to bring in another striker in January after Samuel Eto'o, 32 and Fernando Torres, 29, scored just one goal apiece in his side's first 10 Premier League games.
Ars*nal and Tottenham could be ready to step up their efforts to buy Alexandre Pato, 24, after Brazilian club Corinthians said they would be prepared to sell the striker in January.
Stoke, Hull, Sunderland and Crystal Palace have all been linked with a move for Ars*nal striker Nicklas Bendtner, 25, in the January transfer window.
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez appeared to cast doubt over his future at Old Trafford by retweeting a story featuring quotes from Mexico team mate Carlos Vela, in which the former Ars*nal striker said Hernandez would need to leave United for regular first-team football.
Goalkeeper Joe Hart, 26, is set to remain on the bench for Manchester City's Champions League meeting with CSKA Moscow on Tuesday after being dropped in favour of Costel Pantilimon, also aged 26, for Saturday's 7-0 win over Norwich.

Costel Pantilimon has been understudy to Joe Hart since joining Man City in August 2011
Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas is not worried about his side's lack of goals following a 0-0 draw with Everton that means the White Hart Lane side have now scored nine times in 10 Premier League outings.
Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan said he would not comment when asked whether he feared manager Malky Mackay would leave the club following recent disputes behind the scenes.
Full story: Wales Online
Middlesbrough and Hibernian are both looking at Inverness Caledonian Thistle boss Terry Butcher to fill their vacant managerial positions.
BBC Breakfast presenter Susanna Reid was helped by Leicester City physio Dave Rennie after injuring her back in rehearsals before appearing on Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday night.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2013, 06:24:48 AM »
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, 26, is facing an exit from Etihad Stadium as the club line up Barcelona's Victor Valdes, 31, as his replacement.

Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has been capped 18 times by Spain
Liverpool have joined the chase to sign Fulham's emerging French striker Moussa Dembele. The 17-year-old, who was signed from Paris St-Germain, is also a target for Manchester United.
Meanwhile, Fulham midfielder Josh Pritchard, 21, will snub a permanent move to Norway despite impressing while on loan at Tromso.
Ars*nal are considering a £15m bid for Chelsea striker Demba Ba, 28, in the January transfer window as manager Arsene Wenger searches for cover for 27-year-old forward Olivier Giroud.
Hull striker Sone Aluko, 24, has paved the way for a £2.6m January switch to Crystal Palace by snubbing a new contract at the KC Stadium.

Hull City striker Sone Aluko scored 12 goals in 21 games for Rangers in the Scottish Premier League
Wigan manager Owen Coyle denied 24-year-old Irish winger James McClean was absent from his squad against Yeovil for refusing to wear a poppy.
Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo, 28, believes Barcelona star Lionel Messi might play in the Premier League one day.
Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he will not compete for big-money signings and will continue to give young players opportunities to thrive at Villa Park.
Tottenham goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, 32, will consider a return to his native Brazil when his contract ends at White Hart Lane next summer.
Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom - on loan at Derby - was forced to abandon his £100,000 Porsche on the way to Pride Park after it became submerged in a muddy ditch in the middle of remote woods because of a Sat Nav error.
Sunderland winger Adam Johnson revealed his friendly relationship with former Manchester City team-mate Sergio Aguero by giving the Argentine a cheeky pinch on the backside before their match at the Stadium of Light.
Bordeaux adopted a llama called Serge - who shot to fame after being taken on a tram ride around the city by a group of men who had just left a nightclub - as their mascot for their match against Nantes.
Full story: Eurosport (in French)

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2013, 06:23:02 AM »
Newcastle and Aston Villa are among the teams interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur's unsettled former Fulham midfielder Mousa Dembele, 26.

Pjanic has attracted interest from Premier League sides
Sunderland are rumoured to be looking at signing Swedish 17-year-old Valmir Berisha after the Halmstads striker scored a hat-trick against Argentina in last month's Under-17s World Cup in Abu Dhabi.
Full story: Shields Gazette
Roma's Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic, 23, has played down a potential move to the Premier League by claiming he wants to stay at the Italian side.
Ars*nal striker Nicklas Bendtner, 25, has bizarrely tipped himself for a move to either Barcelona or Real Madrid when the transfer window reopens in January.
Gareth Bale may miss some Wales games, even when he is fit, as manager Chris Coleman aims to strike a deal with his club Real Madrid over the use of the 24-year-old world-record signing.
Full story: Telegraph
Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer has been told he will have to move out players before club owners Venky's let him make any more signings.
The publishers of Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography Hodder and Stoughton have agreed to refund a customer after as many as 45 factual errors were found in his new 402-page book My Autobiography.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2013, 02:23:25 PM »
Newcastle will sign Reading goalkeeper Alex McCarthy, 23, if they lose in-demand 25-year-old shot-stopper Tim Krul, who is being lined up for a £20m move to Juventus.

Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul has won five caps for Holland having made his debut in 2011
Everton manager Roberto Martinez is prepared to sell 28-year-old striker Nikica Jelavic, who is a target for West Ham, if he can find a replacement for the Croat.
Crystal Palace are poised to join Everton, Sunderland and Cardiff in the chase to sign £2.5m-rated AIK Stockholm winger Nabil Bahoui, 22.
Palace's new manager Tony Pulis has targeted a move for 23-year-old Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes as he bids to save the Eagles from relegation.
Ars*nal are ready to step up their pursuit of Romania forward Ciprian Marica, who plays for Spanish side Getafe, in an effort to fend off Tottenham's interest in the 28-year-old.
Manchester United and Liverpool scouts were impressed by Dundee United's 17-year-old midfielder Ryan Gauld after he laid on assists for all four goals in their 4-1 win over Partick Thistle. The Tannadice club are demanding £6m for his services.
Tottenham are ready to make an £8m move for Sevilla midfielder Diego Perotti in January after the 25-year-old Argentine expressed a willingness to play in the Premier League.

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 29, will bank £1.4m if he is still at White Hart Lane in February under the terms of his £5m move from Manchester City at the start of last season.

Emmanuel Adebayor has scored five goals in 26 Premier League appearances for Tottenham.
Sunderland captain John O'Shea says the over-reaction of midfielder Charlie Adam and the Stoke bench to a Wes Brown tackle helped influence referee Kevin Friend in sending off his fellow Black Cats defender.
Full story: Shields Gazette
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge may have scored his side's equaliser in the 3-3 draw with Everton after coming on as a late substitute but Reds boss Brendan Rodgers says the 24-year-old needs to improve in training.
Everton left-back Leighton Baines limped off in the Merseyside derby and the 28-year-old England left-back is expected to be out until the new year with a broken toe.
Full story: Guardian
Crystal Palace's on-loan striker Cameron Jerome criticised Tony Pulis for his selection policy at Stoke but believes the new Eagles boss can save the London club from relegation.
Full story: Times (subscription required)
West Brom captain Chris Brunt, 28, believes it is imperative the club offers a new deal to manager Steve Clarke, 50, who is out of contract in the summer of 2014.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce cancelled his team's day off on Sunday following their 3-0 defeat by Chelsea and he made his players come in for extra training.
Former West Brom and Bolton manager Gary Megson, 54, is ready to end his 21-month exile from management by taking over at League Two Sc*nthorpe.
QPR midfielder Joey Barton has called the current Manchester United side "easily their worst in Premiership history" following their 2-2 draw with Cardiff City.

Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell, 26, revealed that during his time at Manchester United former manager Sir Alex Ferguson used to pull out a sword during youth team meetings to ensure his young players at Old Trafford behaved themselves.