SpursNetwork

Sunday Paper Talk

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Sunday Paper Talk
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2013, 05:49:16 AM »
Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata, 25, who has failed to impress manager Jose Mourinho, will be offered an escape route in January by former boss Rafa Benitez, who is now in charge at Napoli.
Full story: Sunday Mirror
Ars*nal are plotting a swoop for German midfield pair Marco Reus, 24, and Julian Draxler, 20. Juventus are also said to be interested in Draxler, who is valued at £34m by his current club Schalke, while Dortmund's Reus would also cost in excess of £30m.
Full story: Daily Express
Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger has opened up the debate on 'feeder' clubs after he admitted the Gunners would be interested in a formal link-up with Conference Premier club Barnet.
Full story: the Telegraph
Manager Martin Jol has been given a vote of confidence by the Fulham board but the Cottagers are understood to be interested in appointing ex-Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen to work with him.
Mark Hughes admits he is lucky to get the chance to manage Stoke City after he was "tainted" by his failure at QPR.
Full story: Mail on Sunday
Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen has revealed that he turned down a move to Manchester City last year as he feared he would be condemned to a life on the sidelines at the Etihad Stadium.
Full story: the Telegraph
Liverpool hard man Mamadou Sakho has been banned from the gym at the club's Melwood training ground - after he broke the equipment due to his strength.
Full story: The Metro

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2013, 05:05:55 AM »
And apparently Paolo di Canio has gotten the sack.

Good riddance. I never liked him. Flippin' fascist... :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »
And apparently Paolo di Canio has gotten the sack.

Good riddance. I never liked him. Flippin' fascist... :P

I am surprised he last that long.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »
People need to give him a break FFS.

Yes he's a nutter like myself, he did keep Sunderland Up last season. Same old story tho only 5 games in and the Chairman S*its there self as sacks the manager. Sackings are not always the best option.

I hope to see Di Canio at Championship/League 1 Management again. 

Another Person who I like, who isnt scared to say what he thinks. A bit like myself.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
You're right that sackings aren't always the best option. And perhaps di Canio wasn't to blame for Sunderland's form (since oftentimes it's the players' fault rather than the manager's; I've seen this time and again in ice hockey and a good few times in football).

But I still don't like him. So I'll agree to disagree on completely giving him a break, even though I don't think him a racist anymore (admittedly I did at one point, and I have since been educated in this matter).

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »
Manchester United are considering moving for Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto, 20, in January after being told the Spain Under-21 player is available for a bargain £6m.

Roberto has made just five league appearances for Barcelona in four seasons
Full story: Metro
Chelsea target Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 31, has revealed he seriously considered leaving Paris St-Germain during the summer. The Sweden striker admitted he made contact with other clubs.
Full story: Goal.com
Paris St-Germain playmaker Javier Pastore, 24, could be the subject of a £20m bid from Liverpool in the January transfer market, amid interest from Premier League rivals Ars*nal and Chelsea.
Full story: Sunday Express
Manchester City have told Adnan Januzaj, 18, they will triple his current salary at Manchester United to £45,000-a-week if the Belgian winger agrees to move across the city.
Ars*nal will offer central defender Per Mertesacker, 29, a new contract to keep him at the Emirates for the next three years after impressing Arsene Wenger this season.

German Mertesacker joined the Gunners from Werder Bremen in August 2011
Wilfried Zaha is in limbo at Manchester United limbo as manager David Moyes does not think the 20-year-old midfielder is ready for the Premier League, but will not let him join Championship side Nottingham on loan.
Full story: Sunday People
Liverpool want to give manager Brendan Rodgers a new contract as the Merseyside club are wary of taking risks over his future. The Northern Irishman has two years left on his current deal but has admirers at Manchester City, Ars*nal and Tottenham.

Rodgers has offered his support to Paolo Di Canio after his sacking by Sunderland, suggesting the Italian would return to the game a wiser and better manager.
Full story: Sunday Telegraph
Sunderland owner Ellis Short is considering Gus Poyet and Steve McClaren to succeed Di Canio, with senior Sunderland players making it clear they would prefer a British manager.
Full story: the Observer
Darren Fletcher is hoping to return to Manchester United by the end of October. The Scotland midfielder, 29, is recovering from a longstanding chronic bowel problem and has not played since January.

Fletcher was included in Manchester United's 25-man Premier League squad
Lionel Messi is doubtful for Barcelona's Champions League tie with Celtic on Tuesday after the Argentina forward, 26, picked up a thigh muscle injury during the 2-0 win at Almeria on Saturday.
Manchester United's Champions League chances are written off by new boss David Moyes after the Scot claimed that his club do not have the "five or six world-class players" needed to win it.
Turkish side Galatasaray are set to appoint former Manchester City and Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini as their new coach following Fatih Terim's departure.

Tottenham new boy Erik Lamela admits motoring on the left is taking some getting used to after the Argentina midfielderl, 21, pitched up in north London from Serie A side Roma this summer.
Mischievous Liverpool, Ars*nal and Chelsea fans have joined forces to launch a Twitter campaign to save Manchester United boss David Moyes after United suffered a third defeat in six league matches this season. In reply to the hashtag #MoyesOut set up by disgruntled United fans, delighted supporters of their title rivals have replied using the #MoyesIn tag.
Full story: Daily Star Sunday

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »
Ars*nal, Chelsea and Manchester United could be tempted to move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema in the new year after the Spanish club made it clear they are prepared to sell the France international, 25, for £17m.

Manchester United failed with bids for Leighton Baines in the summer
Manchester United will make a bid of £15m plus Ecuador winger Antonio Valencia, 28, for Everton left-back Leighton Baines, 28, in January.
Tottenham will also move for Baines after the England international's contract talks with Everton stalled.
Real Madrid are considering a January offer for Manchester City's Argentina international striker Sergio Aguero. Real made an enquiry for the former Atletico Madrid forward, 25, in the summer.
Paris St-Germain will make a £35m bid for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata when the transfer window opens at the turn of the year. The Spain international has only started two Premier League matches this season.
Athletic Bilbao president Josu Urrutia has warned Manchester United to forget about renewing their interest in midfielder Ander Herrera, 24, in January.

Sergio Aguero has scored four goals this season
Ars*nal, Manchester City and Manchester United are all competing to sign PSV Eindhoven winger Zakaria Bakkali, 17. The youngster has just been given his first call-up into the Belgium squad.
Liverpool could make a move for Anzhi Makhachkala's Ivory Coast international striker Lacina Traore, 23, in January.
Chelsea are set to make the most of uncertainty about Saido Berahino's future by making a bid for the West Brom youngster, 20, in the January transfer window. Berahino's current contract expires in the summer.

Jose Mourinho says he will reprimand any Chelsea players that dive and wants governing bodies to introduce retrospective punishment.
Former Cambridge United manager John Beck, renowned for his direct style of football, is working for the Football Association, training young coaches.
Born on 5 February, Belgian forward Adnan Januzaj, 17, who scored twice on his full Manchester United debut to beat Sunderland 2-1, shares a birthday with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Barcelona's Brazilian forward Neymar, former Barcelona forward Gheorghe Hagi, Juventus and former Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez and former Italy international Cesare Maldini.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2013, 05:48:31 AM »
Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is lining up a January move for 32-year-old Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero after Joe Hart's recent errors.
Mark Hughes's Stoke have beaten his former club Manchester United to the signature of 15-year-old Belgian striker Julien Ngoy.
Full story: ESPN
Tottenham winger Andros Townsend, 22, is set for new deal following his goalscoring England debut.
Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy hopes to extend the loan deal of Manchester United midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe, 20.
Full story: Sky Sports
Sheffield United are set to open talks with former Derby boss Nigel Clough, 47, about their vacant managerial position.
New Ars*nal midfielder Mesut Ozil, 24, almost became a Barcelona player before a 2010 transfer from Werder Bremen broke down.
Manchester United have been scouting 23-year-old Marseille playmaker Remy Cabella - valued by his club at £100m - ahead of potential January transfer.
United manager David Moyes is also looking at a cut-price deal to bring Porto's 26-year-old defensive midfielder Fernando - known as "The Squid" - to Old Trafford in January.
Newcastle are favourites to sign Manchester United's 20-year-old winger Wilfried Zaha on loan in January.

Poland striker Robert Lewandowski, 25, has warned England his side will not roll over when the two teams meet in their final World Cup Group H qualifier on Tuesday.

Robert Lewandowski has 18 international goals for Poland
West Ham must pay Manchester United £25,000 every time they pick midfielder Ravel Morrison, 20.
Striker Wayne Rooney, 27, thought England might have to wait until the final 10 minutes to score against Montenegro.
Newcastle United's Shola Ameobi, 32, is dreaming of playing in the World Cup for Nigeria and expects to be a substitute in the play-off against Ethiopia.
Full story: Evening Chronicle
Australia want Guus Hiddink, 66, to coach the national side for the second time following the sacking of Holger Osieck.
Full story: the West Australian
England are hoping to persuade Liverpool winger Harry Wilson, 16, to play for them instead of Wales.
Full story: Daily Mail
The Scottish Football Association has been given encouragement that Hampden will be one of the venues for Euro 2020.
Full story: Scotland on Sunday
The Football Association's decision to boost the away allocation for England's final World Cup qualifier, against Poland, means almost one in three supporters at Wembley will be Polish.
Full story: the Independent
The FA's new commission could convene next week, with England players Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho to be asked for their thoughts.

Manchester United manager David Moyes spent the international break checking out the talent on display in League Two - at Fleetwood v Chesterfield.
Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, has refused to confirm or deny he deliberately got himself booked against Israel.
Full story: ESPN

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2013, 07:35:22 AM »
Manchester City and Ars*nal will battle it out to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, 25, ahead of Bayern Munich in January.
And Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is ready to make a £43m bid in January for Real Madrid's 25-year-old striker Karim Benzema.
The launch of Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography this week - where he is expected to repeat claims that Wayne Rooney, 27, asked for a move last season - could scupper Manchester United's hopes of agreeing a new deal with the England forward.
Former Liverpool and Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun, 33, is set to join Championship side QPR on a free transfer.
Full story: talkSPORT
Cristiano Ronaldo is having French lessons to prepare for a world-record £100m move to Paris Saint-Germain next summer, despite the 28-year-old forward signing a new five-year contract at Real Madrid last month.

Tottenham and England winger Andros Townsend, 22, says his ban for breaching Football Association rules on betting drove him on to make a breakthrough at Premier League and international level.

Wilfried Zaha's only Manchester United appearance so far was in the Community Shield win over Wigan
Wilfried Zaha could be dropped from the England Under-21 squad. The Manchester United forward, 20, had a bust-up on the pitch with Ravel Morrison during Tuesday's 5-0 win over Lithuania.
West Brom boss Steve Clarke is confident that England Under-21 forward Saido Berahino, 20, will agree a deal to stay at the club.
Full story: Express and Star
England boss Roy Hodgson insists he is ready for the pitfalls of fatigue and boredom that could threaten his squad's chances at next summer's World Cup.
Chairman of the European Club Association and former West Germany international Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says the Qatar World Cup could be moved to April 2022 in an attempt to solve the problem of severe temperatures.
Full story: Sunday Times
Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 26, says he is encouraged to play in a cavalier manner by his manager Andre Villas-Boas.
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, 30, wants a Champions League reunion with former team-mates Mario Balotelli, now at AC Milan, and Carlos Tevez, who joined Juventus during the summer.
Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp believes Ars*nal's signing of 25-year-old forward Mesut Ozil's makes them favourites for the Premier League title.

Mansfield Town's kit man was left embarrassed after forgetting to pack the team's strip for their League Two match at Torquay.
Full story: Mansfield Chad
QPR manager Harry Redknapp had an afternoon to forget at Millwall after a fan hit him in the face with the ball seconds before the hosts scored a 90th-minute equaliser.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »
Manchester United will sign Leighton Baines from Everton for £15m in January. Former Blues manager David Moyes failed with several bids for the England left-back, 28, in the summer and Everton are looking at Swansea's Ben Davies, 20, and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand, 24, as possible alternatives.
Liverpool are ready to battle Chelsea, Tottenham and Ars*nal to sign AC Milan's out-of-favour striker Stephan El Shaarawy, 20.

Several English clubs are thought to be interested in El Shaarawy
Manchester United are not thought to have offered Wayne Rooney a new contract because they do not want to commit £70m on keeping him at Old Trafford. The 28-year-old striker is believed to be looking for an improvement on his current £250,000-a-week salary and wants a five-year contract.
Paris St-Germain are set to move for Chelsea's Spain midfielder Juan Mata in January. Tottenham are also interested in the 25-year-old.
Ars*nal are plotting a £7m January bid for West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu, 26.
Inter Milan are planning an £8m bid for Ars*nal's 27-year-old defender Thomas Vermaelen - who might be persuaded to move to get regular first-team football and ensure a place in Belgium's World Cup squad.

Mulumbu joined West Brom from Paris St-Germain in 2009.
Sunderland midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini, 28, is being tracked by Inter - who have money to spend following Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir's takeover.
Full story: Talksport
Everton want Bruno Martins Indi. The 21-year-old Feyenoord and Netherlands defender is being hailed in Europe as "the new Sol Campbell" and the Toffees are poised to make a £6m bid.
Manchester United manager David Moyes will allow Wilfried Zaha to leave on loan in January. The England winger, 20, has made just one appearance since joining from Crystal Palace in the summer.

Tottenham are working on secret plans for a new 65,000-seat multi-purpose stadium that would allow them to share with a London-based NFL franchise.
Former Stoke manager Tony Pulis wants £2m a year to replace Ian Holloway at Crystal Palace.
Full story: the Sun (subscription required)
Former World Footballer of the Year Zinedine Zidane has dismissed as "strange" Sir Alex Ferguson's claim in his new autobiography that Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard, 33, is not a "top, top player".

Pulis left Stoke in May after seven years in charge.
Owen Hargreaves told a TV audience that he wants a private chat with Ferguson - who wrote in his book that the former England midfielder was one of his worst Manchester United signings.
Full story: the Independent
Former Swindon and Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio has been linked with a return to management at League One strugglers Bristol City.
Sunderland's Scotland striker Steven Fletcher, 26, says the Black Cats players were treated like "kids" by Di Canio.
Full story: the Sunday Times (subscription required)
Manchester City playmaker David Silva, 27, says he is baffled that his former Valencia team-mate Juan Mata, 25, is not playing regularly for Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.
Mata and several of his Chelsea team-mates are 'uneasy' at Mourinho tinkering with his line-up so often.

Romelu Lukaku has put in some powerful performances since joining Everton on loan from Chelsea - and the 20-year-old striker smashed up a video game controller after losing a game of FIFA 14 to team-mate Kevin Mirallas.

Lukaku has scored five league goals this season.
Former England midfielder David Beckham is coping with life after football by obsessing over how to cook the perfect risotto.
Full story: the Sunday Times (subscription required)
Former Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway allowed one of his players to pay his frequent fines by direct debit.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2013, 07:10:55 AM »
Manchester City have stepped up their interest in taking 26-year-old Germany midfielder Sami Khedira from Real Madrid next summer in a £30m deal.

Sami Khedira helped Stuttgart win the German Bundesliga in 2006-07
Champions League winners Bayern Munich want £40m-rated Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero, 25, as a big-money signing for next season.
Manchester United's Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa, 24, wants to leave Old Trafford in January because he does not want to risk a lack of fitness and form ahead of the World Cup.
Ajax hope to beat Inter Milan to the signing of 21-year-old Blackpool star Tom Ince, who is out of contract next summer.
Chris Hughton's position as Norwich City manager is in doubt after the Canaries conceded 11 goals to the Manchester clubs in two games this week.
Full story: Daily Telegraph
Cardiff City striker Craig Bellamy, 34, has emerged as a leading contender to be the next Wales manager with doubts over the future of current boss Chris Coleman.

Craig Bellamy won the Scottish Cup with Celtic and the League Cup with Liverpool
Cardiff manager Malky Mackay looks increasingly likely to leave the club, as his relationship with owner Vincent Tan worsens.
Sir Alex Ferguson tried to stop Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney playing for England at the 2006 World Cup, according to claims in a new autobiography by former national team manager Sven Goran Eriksson.
Roy Hodgson will tell dropped Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, 26, he remains England's number one even if he goes ahead with a plan to leave the goalkeeper out of the next friendly game against Chile.
England midfielder Jack Wilshere, 21, and 24-year-old defender Kieran Gibbs are major doubts for Ars*nal's crucial trip to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

Sierra Leone are considering approaching Rhodri Giggs, the 35-year-old brother of Manchester United legend Ryan, to represent them at international level.
Newcastle director of football Joe Kinnear tried to sign midfielder Shane Ferguson after a scouting trip to Birmingham - only to be told the 22-year-old was already a Newcastle player and had been loaned to the Blues.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2013, 05:41:57 AM »
Liverpool are monitoring Southampton's Jay Rodriguez, 24, but Ars*nal are also said to be impressed by the striker, who was called into the England squad this week.

Jay Rodriguez has scored three goals in the Premier League so far this season
Tottenham will make a move for Manchester United's 25-year-old striker Javier Hernandez in January if they can offload Emmanuel Adebayor.
Full story: The Sunday Telegraph
Belgian side Anderlecht are considering up a loan move for Chelsea midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, 22, in the January transfer window.
Stoke City boss Mark Hughes is keen to reunite with Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott, 31, who he signed while he was manager at the Etihad Stadium in 2009.
Fulham manager Martin Jol is set for crisis talks with the club's owner Shahid Khan following his side's 4-0 defeat at Liverpool, with Roberto Di Matteo and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer potential replacements for the Dutchman.

Sylvain Distin confronted Everton supporters following the 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park
England manager Roy Hodgson has set Joe Hart a deadline of three months to return to the Manchester City side, after being dropped in favour of Costel Pantilimon, if the 26-year-old wants to remain as his country's first-choice goalkeeper.
Full story: The Sunday Telegraph
Hodgson is also keen to persuade Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, 34, to continue as an England player beyond the World Cup finals in Brazil next year.
Full story: The Observer
Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay has reiterated his commitment to the club amid rumours linking him with the vacant managerial post at Crystal Palace.

Everton defender Sylvain Distin used his Twitter account to explain why he confronted Everton fans who were unhappy with their team's performance in the 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace.
Meanwhile, West Brom goalkeeper Ben Foster also went on the micro-blogging website to vent his frustration after the controversial late penalty awarded to Chelsea that denied the Baggies a win at Stamford Bridge.
Full story: London Evening Standard

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »
Manchester City want Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, 27, and QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar, 34.
Ars*nal are rivals with Manchester United to sign 26-year-old Torino and Italy winger Alessio Cerci, valued at £16m by his Serie A club.
Full story: Daily Star

Ryan Gauld has scored five goals in 14 games for Dundee United this season
Chelsea and Manchester City are considering approaches for 26-year-old Paris St-Germain and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi, who is out of contract at the end of the season.
Full story: Daily Star
Manchester United want Dundee United attacking midfielder Ryan Gauld, 17, who has been compared to Lionel Messi and is valued by his club at £5m.
Newcastle United want to sign Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha, 20, on loan for the rest of the season.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 28, is likely to accept a new contract of over £250,000 per week because former manager Sir Alex Ferguson's influence at the club since his retirement is not as big as he had expected.
QPR could be fined £60m under Financial Fair Play rules for spending so much money in the past year.
Manchester United are willing to give striker Javier Hernandez, 25, a pay rise from his £60,000-a-week deal in order to keep him at the club.
Chelsea attacking midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, 22, says he does not regret staying at the club over the summer but admits he may go out on loan in January.
Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o says there was a "plot" by his team-mates not to pass him the ball in the first leg of their World Cup play-off against Tunisia, which they drew 0-0.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »
Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata could leave the club on loan in January, with Juventus and Atletico Madrid keen on the 25-year-old Spain international.
A deal for Manchester United to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo remains a possibility and could happen after the 2014 World Cup.

Mata has been largely out of favour at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho
United defender Patrice Evra, 32, looks set to be offered a £150,000-a-week deal by both Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco in the summer.
Ars*nal boss Arsene Wenger could opt for a lower-profile alternative to the likes of Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Aston Villa's Christian Benteke by moving for Getafe's Romania striker Ciprian Marica, 28, in January.
West Ham are believed to be eyeing a move for ex-Manchester City striker Felipe Caicedo, 25 who now plays for Lokomotiv Moscow.
Full story: Sun on Sunday (subscription required)
France midfielder Yann M'Vila, 23, currently with Rubin Kazan in the Russian Premier League, sparked transfer rumours after being spotted in the Liverpool section at the Merseyside derby.
Portuguese left-back Fabio Coentrao, 25, has dealt a blow to Tottenham and Manchester United by agreeing to stay at Real Madrid.
Full story: Sun on Sunday (subscription required)
David Moyes has suggested that midfielder Ryan Giggs, 39, will be offered a new one-year deal at Manchester United.
Meanwhile, United defender Rio Ferdinand, 35, says he is considering retiring at the end of the season.
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has increased the rivalry ahead of Monday night's derby showdown at West Bromwich Albion by declaring: "Aston Villa is a bigger club."
Full story: Birmingham Mail
West Brom manager Steve Clarke wants to stay at The Hawthorns after his current deal expires at the end of the season.
Full story: Birmingham Mail
Argentine defender Federico Rosso has shown off his multi-tasking skills - after taking out two strikers in one challenge.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
Liverpool face competition to land Paris St-Germain's 24-year-old midfielder Javier Pastore, as Roma and Lyon are also chasing the Argentine.

Filip Djordjevic started his career at Red Star Belgrade
Real Madrid will try to sign Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, 25, for £48m next summer.
Full story: Sun on Sunday (subscription based) 
Hull City are looking at Serbia international striker Filip Djordjevic, 26, as a potential solution to their goalscoring problems. Djordjevic plays in France for Nantes.
Full story: Hull Daily Mail
LA Galaxy striker Robbie Keane will not be allowed to go out on loan to a Premier League club during January and February. The 33-year-old played seven games for Aston Villa during Major League Soccer's close season in 2012.
Full story: MLS Soccer.com
Manchester City right-back Micah Richards, 25, will consider his future at the club because of his lack of first-team chances.
West Brom's Congolese midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu, 26, has hinted he could be on the move in January after revealing that several clubs have enquired about him.
Manchester United are ready to offer Dundee United £3m plus three pre-season friendlies for Ryan Gauld, 17, who is also interesting Spanish giants Real Madrid.
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says the club made bids for Romelu Lukaku, on loan at Everton; Newcastle loan signing Loic Remy; Chelsea's Demba Ba; and Stoke's Marko Arnautovic during the last transfer window.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, who took at the White Hart Lane club in July 2012, will be sacked within the month if results do not improve.
Swansea manager Michael Laudrup and Sunderland boss Gus Poyet will be part of a Spurs shortlist if the London outfit decide to replace Villas-Boas.
Former England manager Fabio Capello is also being considered as a potential replacement for Villas-Boas.
Fulham manager Martin Jol says he is "worried" about his side's poor form and is unsure about his future at Craven Cottage following Saturday's 3-0 defeat by West Ham.
Full story: Guardian

Dave Jones, 57, has been in charge of Sheffield Wednesday since March 2012
Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones is on the brink of losing his job after just one win in 16 league games.
Celtic captain Scott Brown, 28, says he wants to commit his future to the club. The Scotland midfielder has 18 months left on his current deal.
Swansea City's Spanish forward Alvaro Vazquez, 22, wants to extend his loan spell in Wales - despite failing to find the net since joining from Getafe in September.

Derby's Championship trip to Wigan is set to be a family affair, with twins Will and Michael Keane preparing to make their debuts - on opposite sides, with the players both on loan from Manchester United.