SpursNetwork

Saturday Paper Talk

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Saturday Paper Talk
« on: January 09, 2010, 10:07:09 AM »
Chelsea are ready to swoop for £36m Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, the Stamford Bridge outfit are ready to offer straight cash for the big Bosnian front man, where as fellow suitors AC Milan want to try and do a swap deal.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says striker Robbie Keane will only leave White Hart Lane if someone offers £50m for him. Aston Villa and Celtic are interested in the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland forward.

Meanwhile, Spurs are locked in a £7m race with Lyon to sign Dinamo Zagreb defender Dejan Lovren, 20.

Ars*nal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed he is considering re-signing Sol Campbell - it would be the first time Wenger has re-signed a player for the Gunners.

However, despite having a transfer budget of about £35m, Wenger insists he does not need to buy a striker as Nicklas Bendtner is set to resume full training next week.

Liverpool are tracking Wolves utility man Richard Stearman, the 22-year-old can play right-back and centre-half and manager Rafael Benitez sees the former England under-21 man as ideal cover for the injured Glen Johnson.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez is ready to table a £4m bid for Sporting Gijon's Spain Under-21 left-back Roberto Canella - who also interests Aston Villa. (The Sun)

Fulham are considering a move for 26-year-old Panathinaikos winger Dimitris Salpigidis. The Greece international, who is available for £1m, has also attracted interest from Birmingham and Stoke.

West Ham have made a bid to sign Belarus striker Sergey Kornilenko, 26, on loan from Zenit St Petersburg.

Manchester City are keen on signing Crystal Palace's £5m-rated 19-year-old striker Victor Moses. Palace are understood to have already received a £1.5m offer from Championship side West Brom.

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola is hopeful of signing a new striker next week. With Carlton Cole out injured, the Hammers have been linked with former Upton Park man Marlon Harewood, surplus to requirements at Aston Villa. Stoke's James Beattie and Eidur Gudjohnson of Monaco are also in the frame.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce insists striker Kenwyne Jones is not for sale. Birmingham are weighing up an £11m bid for the Trinidad & Tobago star while Liverpool, Ars*nal and Stoke are all admirers of the big striker.

Newcastle fans have pledged more than £50m to buy out owner Mike Ashley and take control of the club. The scheme is fronted by the Newcastle United Supporters Trust. (The Mirror)

Burnley are set to offer Leeds boss Simon Grayson five times his current pay deal to become their new boss after Owen Coyle left for Bolton.

Manchester City have insisted on a six-month get-out clause with new midfielder Patrick Vieira, just in case the former Ars*nal star fails to make the grade at Eastlands.

Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger has sent out a clear message to Real Madrid and Barcelona - Cesc Fabregas will still be an Ars*nal player next season. The 22-year-old midfielder's contract runs to 2015.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has warned midfielder Joe Cole that his performances will have to improve if he wants to be part of England's World Cup squad. 

Norwich manager Paul Lambert has emerged as a leading contender to replace Owen Coyle at Burnley.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is so fed up with freezing conditions ruining training that will take his players to Dubai if Saturday's game at Birmingham is called off.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

Re: Saturday Paper Talk
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »
Steven Gerrard is unhappy with Liverpool's latest plight and is keen on a move to Real Madrid or AC Milan if things don't improve quickly. A source close to the 29-year-old midfielder said: "Stevie knows time is running out if he wants to win more honours."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says he is not going anywhere, and he is also keen on swapping winger Ryan Babel for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones. Babel, 23, has struggled to make the first team following his £11.5m move.

Sunderland winger Kieran Richardson has been offered for sale to Tottenham, Birmingham and Fulham. The 25-year-old moved to the Stadium of Light from Manchester United for £6m three years ago.

Chelsea and Manchester City are keen on securing a deal for Palermo's 20-year-old centre-back Simon Kjaer. The Danish star is reported to have an £11m release clause, but that hasn't stemmed the growing interest in the Serie A star from the two Premier League sides.

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray has branded suggestions that £8m may be enough to take Aiden McGeady from Celtic to the Premier League as "ridiculous".

CSKA Moscow winger Milos Krasic has rejected an approach from Roberto Mancini's Manchester City, saying he only wants to join Manchester United or Ars*nal.

Spanish side Real Zaragoza have joined the chase for Ars*nal defender Philippe Senderos. Bayern Munich, Cagliari and Atletico Madrid are also interested in the 23-year-old who wants to stay in the Premier League.

Italian side Juventus are keeping an eye on events at Anfield amid speculation that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez may soon be relieved of his duties. Former Italy striker Roberto Bettega, who has just moved into the Juve boardroom, is a close friend and admirer of Benitez.

Despite everybody suggesting it's a matter of when, and not if, Benitez will leave Anfield, the Spaniard has vowed to remain as Liverpool boss until 2014. "Inside, I am as strong as ever," he said.

Russia coach and former Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink has revealed that he would be keen to manage in England again, adding weight to the rumour that he will succeed Benitez at Liverpool.

Meanwhile, Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has played down rumours linking him with the Liverpool manager's job.

Portsmouth keeper David James is believed to be concerned that the collapse of his proposed move to Stoke could affect his prospects of being selected for England's squad for this summer's World Cup as Portsmouth may decide not to play him in order to avoid triggering a clause in his contract.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has told Michael Owen that he will get more games over the coming months after starting the striker only once since his Champions League hat-trick at Wolfsburg almost six weeks.

At the age of 39 years and 79 days Edwin van der Sar will become Manchester United's oldest post-war player if he plays against Burnley. The Dutch keeper has been on compassionate leave since the end of December.

Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger believes Sol Campbell could play his way back into the England squad for the World Cup in South Africa this summer. 

Alex McLeish is ready to commit his long-term future to Birmingham City by agreeing a new contract at St Andrew's.

St Mirren manager Gus MacPherson believes that the cash-strapped SPL has become little more than a feeder league for England's lower divisions and he can only envisage that state of affairs worsening in the immediate future.

Championship side Cardiff have begun talks over a new contract with highly rated Adam Matthews as Manchester United and Ars*nal keep an eye on proceedings over the 17-year-old left-back.

England and LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham, on loan with AC Milan, plans to hang his boots up after the World Cup and return to Britain. A friend of the 34-year-old, says: "His mind is made up. He wants to walk away to be a dad." (The Sun)

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:12:36 AM »
Manchester United have joined Tottenham in the race for £18m-rated Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko - as they prepare to let winger Zoran Tosic join Cologne.

But United face the prospect of losing Wayne Rooney to Real Madrid, who have hired super-agent Pini Zahavi to negotiate a deal for the striker.

Manchester City have had a £2m bid for Victor Moses turned down - and Ars*nal may step in for the Crystal Palace forward.

City have also missed out on Racing Santander midfielder Sergio Canales, who has agreed a £5.5m move to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, Robinho is close to leaving Eastlands for Brazilian club Santos - who sold the 25-year-old to Real Madrid in 2005 - in a loan deal until the end of the season.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti says that midfielder Joe Cole, who is out of contract at the end of the season, will remain at the club next term.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has admitted that Aston Villa's Habib Beye is on his radar after a deal to sign Hamburg defender Guy Demel broke down.

Blackburn are keen to sign Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen on loan and are also interested in Stuttgart's Turkish midfielder Yildiray Basturk.

West Ham are set to sign South Africa striker Benni McCarthy from Blackburn Rovers on loan for 18 months to get around work permit issues. 

Blackburn Rovers winger Morten Gamst Pedersen is in talks with Turkish giants Fenerbahce over a January move. 

Fulham have made a bid for FC Basle's £6m-rated Switzerland striker Marco Streller

Burnley defender Clarke Carlisle is a cut-price target for both Bolton and West Ham.

New Bolton boss Owen Coyle and keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen have been involved in a training-ground bust-up after former Burnley goalkeeping coach Phil Hughes was appointed at the expense of Jaaskelainen's mentor Fred Barber.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has tipped Everton manager David Moyes to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United once the Scot decides to leave Old Trafford.

Michael Owen has asked Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney for advice on how to get back into Fabio Capello's England squad.

New West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady has suggested the team could be renamed "West Ham Olympic" if they move into the London 2012 stadium.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has cranked up the tension with neighbours City yet further ahead of next Wednesday's second-leg Carling Cup tie by insisting they do not have the mental strength to win the tie.

The Football Association is sending back thousands of World Cup tickets they failed to sell to their official supporters club. Fans have not taken up 6,000 of the 29,000 tickets allocated by organisers to the FA. 

Manager Darren Ferguson has refused to let his Preston players watch a DVD of Chelsea's 7-2 drubbing of Sunderland, in the run-up to their clash with Carlo Ancelotti's side in the FA Cup.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:11:11 AM »
Liverpool winger Ryan Babel has been informed by manager Rafael Benitez that he will not be sold before the January transfer window closes on Monday.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan will not prevent Maynor Figueroa leaving for "a good club" despite the Honduras international signing a new contract on Friday.

Ars*nal boss Arsene Wenger has made a fresh offer for Marouane Chamakh in a bid to snap up the Bordeaux striker on a pre-contract.

Manchester City have made a £7m move for Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga.

John Terry faces an anxious wait to discover if further damaging revelations regarding his private life will cost him the England captaincy. (Various)

Rafael Benitez has warned Liverpool that they must deliver on a string of promises if he is not to be lured away by Juventus in the summer.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has suggested that the way he man-manages his thirtysomethings at the club will hold the key to the club's hopes of winning the Premier League title.

Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger has warned his players to be wary of Wayne Rooney's gamesmanship in Sunday's league match between the Gunners and Manchester United at the Emirates Stadium.

Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon has suffered a fresh setback and could need a hernia operation only four months before the start of the World Cup.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has demanded that the club's fans end their obscene taunts directed at Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has not ruled out a move to England. He said: "Last season, I had many possibilities with Manchester United, Real, Barcelona or Chelsea. I hope I'll have the same ones plus Bayern next summer."
Full story: The Sun

Ars*nal captain Cesc Fabregas has declared his love for London, and Barcelona. He said: "All of my life I have been dressing the Barca colours. I had to leave and I have seen also other things that I have enjoyed a lot. When I retire from football, I will live in Barcelona. But I love London a lot, me and my family love London."
Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool are confident of beating AC Milan and Valencia to the signature of Milan Jovanovic, who is available on a free transfer from Standard Liege in the summer.
Full story: Daily Mail

Manchester United could offer a contract to Sogndal defender Even Hovland, who has been on trial with the club. Everton are also interested in the 20-year-old Norwegian.

Aston Villa midfielder Isaiah Osbourne is set to join Queens Park Rangers when the loan window reopens next week.

Chelsea midfielder Deco has accused Ars*nal of being Premier League bottlers ahead of Sunday's crunch game between the sides at Stamford Bridge.

And Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger admits his young side have a mental problem when they come up against the likes of Chelsea or Manchester United.

Wenger believes that finishing third in the Premier League is better achievement than winning the FA Cup.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Everton boss David Moyes believes his side has been in the shadow of city rivals Liverpool because there has been years of overspending at Anfield.
Full story: Daily Star

Just hours before facing cash-strapped Portsmouth, Manchester United's boss expressed his sympathies for Pompey boss Avram Grant. Sir Alex Ferguson said: "When you see what's happening there, you have to feel for him. It can't be easy. How he's coping, you can only imagine."

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has not yet been officially told that he is replacing John Terry as England captain.

Terry is poised to lose £20m in sponsorship revenue over the next four years after being stripped of the England captaincy.

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has warned winger Morten Gamst Pedersen, who has been linked with a move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce, not to string the club along during contract talks.

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is angry that his club's transfer panel, headed by former Tottenham manager David Pleat, did not sign anyone during the January transfer window despite bids for Crystal Palace striker Victor Moses and Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley.

Birmingham keeper Joe Hart is willing to take a penalty if selected for England at the World Cup. He said: "Stuart Pearce saw me take one in the semi-final of the European Under 21 Championship last summer. Fortunately, I scored. But I'd happily take one again."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is set to join former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid in a £20m deal.

Real Madrid legend Raul has been linked with a move to the United States to join New York Red Bulls at the end of the season.
Full story: The Independent

Coventry are planning a summer bid for Derby striker Rob Hulse after having an approach to sign him on loan rejected earlier this week.

Chelsea defender Alex is wanted by German club Bayern Munich.

Mikael Silvestre is set to leave Ars*nal after being snubbed by boss Arsene Wenger for last Wednesday's clash with Liverpool.

Marouane Chamakh will be an Ars*nal player this summer after agreeing to a four-year, £10.4million deal.
Full story: Sun

Kolo Toure believes Patrick Vieira's "winning mentality" can help Manchester City end their 41-year wait for FA Cup success.
Full story: The Guardian

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp says he will not sacrifice his club's FA Cup ambitions in favour of Tottenham's bid to break into the top four.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti has laid down the law to his wayward Chelsea stars and warned: "If our form starts to suffer, I will act".
Full story: Daily Express

Wayne Rooney has revealed that he is limited to five sponsorship deals by his Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson.
Full story: Independent

Sven-Goran Eriksson has revealed the full story behind his chaotic seven months at Notts County and the bizarre sequence of events that began with hopes of a multi-million-pound revival for the Football League's oldest club only to end with it on the brink of financial collapse.
Full story: Guardian

Manager Roberto Mancini is to net a £9million three-year contract extension from Manchester City's wealthy owners.
Full story: Sun

England manager Fabio Capello has urged Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson to rest Wayne Rooney to keep him fresh for this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
Robinho has cleared his house, sold his car, shipped his possessions back to Brazil and told his representatives to arrange a permanent move away from Manchester City in the summer. The striker is currently on loan at Santos in his home country.

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano said he will never be tempted by Manchester City's millions saying: "You cannot buy history."
Full story: The Times

Man City's plans to sign Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure could hit a snag with the Spanish giants keen to use Toure as bait to secure the services of Ars*nal skipper Cesc Fabregas.

Everton want in-demand Stephen Pienaar to sign a new contract to prevent Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Manchester City from snapping up the South African midfielder.

Everton boss David Moyes has revealed how his former striker Wayne Rooney - now at Manchester United - apologised a year ago for libellous claims made in his autobiography. Relations between the pair became strained but Moyes said: "Wayne phoned me up a year ago to apologise for his book and to say that the things he'd put in his book were wrong, and he'd made a mistake."

Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge has told England boss Fabio Capello he will have no problem lining up alongside John Terry. Bridge will be hoping he makes the squad for next month's friendly with Egypt following Terry's alleged affair with Bridge's ex-girlfriend.

Man City boss Roberto Mancini has denied he has fallen out with striker Craig Bellamy, following a reported bust-up in training. Mancini says their differences had been "resolved".
Full story: WalesOnline.com

QPR are hoping to bring in Neil Warnock, currently at Crystal Palace, as the new manager now Flavio Briatore has stepped down as chairman. Mick Harford has yet to win in six games as manager at Loftus Road.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish wants to have the final say on all transfers before committing to a new contract. The Scot was unhappy with the owners after being pressured into signing Argentine Mauro Boselli in January. "Contracts can be compromised if players are brought in without a manager's permission," he said.

Portsmouth could have a fifth owner this season after a Hong Kong-based investment company showed its interest in buying out the current owner, Balram Chainrai.

England boss Fabio Capello will be at Craven Cottage on Sunday with Fulham striker Bobby Zamora hoping to add to his 14-goal tally this season against Birmingham. The 29-year-old has yet to feature in an England senior squad and could be called up for the friendly with Egypt on 3 March. (Daily Star)

Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed has said sorry to Shakhtar Donetsk after players were refused entry to his shop Harrods. The Ukraine club lost to Fulham in the Europa League on Thursday. A club spokesman said: "The billionaire is very upset over this incident and has made his apologies."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:11:39 AM »
BREAKING NEWS - IM NOW ONLINE AT HOME SO THIS MAKES A COMEBACK, JUST IN TIME FOR PRE-SEASON RUMOURS ALL OVER THE WHOLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.  :up:

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is keen on a summer move to Inter Milan or Barcelona.
Tottenham are on the verge of the £6m capture of Manchester City forward Craig Bellamy.
Chelsea are set to move for Porto defender Bruno Alves after agreeing to sell his Portuguese team-mate, Ricardo Carvalho.
Preston and Queens Park Rangers are both chasing Doncaster's former Sunderland midfielder Martin Woods.
Portsmouth have offered a player-coaching role to England goalkeeper David James.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »
Adriano Correia has completed a move from Sevilla to Barcelona, signing a four-year deal with the Catalan club.  The 25-year-old Brazilian who plays in defence or midfield could eventually cost Barcelona around £11.5m.
1033 BST: Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he is staying at the Catalan club and has quashed speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
"I was a Barca player when I left [to go on holiday] and I'll be a Barca player when I go back," he said at a press conference to announce his return to the Sweden national team.
"I want to congratulate everybody that has used my name, because it's fun to have been at Chelsea, at Manchester City, without having been there." (Press Association)

Chelsea will step up their pursuit of Liverpool striker Fernando Torres and have decided to bid a club record £50m for the Spain star.
Full story: the Sun
Meanwhile, Chelsea have told Real Madrid they will have to pay £30m to sign defender Ashley Cole.
Full story: the Independent
Manchester City hope to prise midfielder James Milner away from Aston Villa with a second offer worth £25m.
But City have yet to secure the signing of Lazio's Serbian international defender Alexander Kolarov, with the Italian club insisting they have not received a written offer.
Forward Craig Bellamy could be on his way out of Manchester City to join Tottenham, who will make room for him by selling striker Robbie Keane to Aston Villa.
Ars*nal are winning their battle to keep hold of star midfielder Cesc Fabreags, who is wanted by Barcelona.
Portsmouth defender Tal Ben Haim is set to become West Ham's third signing of the week following the arrivals of Pablo Barrera and Lyon striker Frederic Piquionne.
But West Ham appear to have missed out on the chance to sign Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell who looks set to join Fulham in a £2m deal.
Inter Milan hope to spark a bidding war between neighbours Manchester United and City for striker Mario Balotelli.
Zenit St Petersburg hope to sign Porto defender Bruno Alves amid fears Manchester United could make a move if Nemanja Vidic should leave Old Trafford.
Vidic wants to quit Old Trafford for Real Madrid with the Spanish club preparing an £18m deal for the Serbian defender.
Newcastle's veteran goalkeeper Steve Harper has ended talk of a move to Celtic by saying he wants to remain with the Magpies "for as long as possible".
Tottenham winger Giovani dos Santos is wanted by Sporting Lisbon on loan and could be used to bring forward Yannick Djalo to White Hart Lane in a £4.2m deal.
Sunderland have confirmed their interest in bringing Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck and Burnley winger Chris Eagles to the Stadium of Light.
Bolton boss Owen Coyle has been given first option to bring midfielder Jack Wilshere back to the Reebok should Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger send him out on loan again.
Everton have been told to forget about bringing Landon Donovan back to Goodison Park on a full-time basis. LA Galaxy forward Donovan had a successful loan spell with the Toffees last season.
Rangers are considering signing Stoke City winger Michael Tonge and AZ Alkmaar midfielder Brett Holman after being offered both players on season-long loans. (the Herald)
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway wants to sign Stephen Dobbie permanently after the Scottish striker helped the Seasiders win promotion to the Premier League in England while on loan from Swansea. (Daily Record)

Ajax boss Martin Jol has agreed a deal to take over as Fulham manager, with former England coach Sven Goran-Eriksson missing out on the job.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he twice turned down the chance to coach the England national team.
World Cup referee Howard Webb will miss the first fortnight of the new Premier League season so that he can recover from the strain of officiating the bad-tempered final between Spain and Holland.
New Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers, who was mentored by Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, says he can always turn to the 'special one' for advice.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »
Germany's Sami Khedira says Real Madrid is the only club he wants to join, which is bad news for Manchester United and Chelsea, who are tracking the Stuttgart midfielder.
Manchester City have been told that Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko is not for sale at any price.
New Barcelona signing David Villa believes he will score more goals if Spanish World Cup-winning team-mate Cesc Fabregas moves to the Nou Camp from Ars*nal.
Chelsea are set to land a significant blow in their summer transfer battle with fellow big-spenders Manchester City by raiding Benfica for their £27m-rated defender David Luiz. They will also pay the Portuguese club £20m for midfielder Ramires.
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is making room for a new striker by putting Argentine Franco Di Santo up for sale, with Inter Milan's Mario Balotelli top of his shopping list.
Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira and goalkeeper Shay Given believe £30m-rated Aston Villa midfielder James Milner would be an excellent addition to the already impressive Eastlands line-up.
Tottenham are set to add to Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill's woes by attempting to lure winger Ashley Young to White Hart Lane.
Blackburn are preparing a £2m-move for Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey.
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is set to sell midfielder Javier Mascherano to Inter Milan to fund his rebuilding job at Anfield.
West Ham boss Avram Grant is keen to bring former Ars*nal and Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre to Upton Park.
William Gallas's wage demands have put off Greek club Panathinaikos from making a move for the defender, who is a free agent after he was released by Ars*nal this summer.
Tottenham striker Robbie Keane refused to answer questions about his future at White Hart Lane after scoring in the 2-1 win over New York Red Bulls.
Stoke are considering a club-record £12m bid for West Ham and England striker Carlton Cole.
But Stoke striker James Beattie is set to snub a potential move to Blackburn or Sheffield United to fight for his place at the Britannia Stadium.
Cardiff striker Michael Chopra has put Roy Keane's Ipswich on alert after warning he's ready to quit the Welsh club following their latest cash crisis.

Manchester United want to discuss a new contract for striker Wayne Rooney, whose current deal expires in 2012.
Manchester City's new midfield signing Yaya Toure says he turned down Manchester United to move to Eastlands from Barcelona this summer.
Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone wants his team-mates to concentrate on the "dirty" side of their game to prevail in the Premier and Champions Leagues next season.
The Glazer family, who own Manchester United, have been urged to surrender control at Old Trafford after it emerged season tickets were selling badly for the first time in recent history. The Americans have faced opposition to their ownership of the club from fans' groups since taking over in 2005.
Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's agent insists there has been no contact with Fulham about the vacant job at Craven Cottage.
Mark Hughes has re-emerged as a candidate to replace Roy Hodgson as Fulham manager. Ajax manager Martin Jol rejected the chance to take the reins at Craven Cottage this week.

Eduardo da Silva has been told he must learn Russian within four months following his £6m-move from Ars*nal to Shakhtar Donetsk. The Ukrainian side have made the demand as part of the striker's £50,000-a-week contract.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »
Tottenham will find out on 13 September whether their £400m plan to redevelop White Hart Lane is to get the go-ahead from Haringey Council.
Full story: Goal.com

Manchester United and Ars*nal could lose out to Real Madrid in the chase for Germany World Cup star Mesut Ozil after the midfielder declares "I love Spain".
Full story: IMScouting

Former Ars*nal midfielder Aleksandr Hleb could be heading out of Barcelona and back to the Premier League, with several English clubs interested in his services.

Meanwhile, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu says all efforts to sign Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas have now been exhausted.

Fulham and West Ham are tracking Dundee United goalkeeper Dusan Pernis. (Various)
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is considering a £10m bid for Standard Liege's Belgium international midfielder Steven Defour, who the former Fulham boss sees as a natural replacement for want-away Argentine Javier Mascherano.

And Mascherano is set to be the subject of a £20m bid from Italy's European champions Inter Milan, who are managed by former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Manchester City are still struggling to agree a fee with Aston Villa to buy their midfielder James Milner. Villa want £30m for the 24-year-old, but City are only prepared to pay £24m.(The Sun)
West Ham have snubbed Stoke's £9m bid for 26-year-old striker Carlton Cole.

New Fulham manager Mark Hughes is close to persuading 31-year-old striker Craig Bellamy to join him at Craven Cottage, rather than leave Manchester City for Tottenham.

Birmingham are lining up an improved £10m offer for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia after seeing their initial £8m bid turned down by the Latics.

Manchester United and Ars*nal target Mesut Ozil has hinted that a move to Spanish side Real Madrid could be on the cards. The 21-year-old German midfielder has one year left on his contract with Werder Bremen who are ready to listen to offers.
Full story: IM Scouting

Barcelona's former Ars*nal midfielder Aleksandr Hleb could be on his way out of the Nou Camp. The 29-year-old Belarusian is attracting interest from Tottenham, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Sunderland and West Ham.

Blackburnhave invited Roma midfielder Ricardo Faty for a trial with a view to a £1m deal for the 23-year-old, who has spent the last two seasons on loan - first, at Bayer Leverkusen and, later, at Nantes.

Ars*nal youngsters Emmanuel Frimpong and Mark Randall, who both play in midfield, are loan targets for Southampton and Hull respectively.

Ipswich striker Jon Stead's proposed £250,000 move to Blackpool has fallen through after the former England Under-21 international failed to agree personal terms at Bloomfield Road.

Nottingham Forest have placed their 30-year-old reserve goalkeeper, Paul Smith, on the transfer list.

Mido is so angry that Middlesbrough are holding out for a £1m fee over his proposed move to Ajax that the striker is threatening to sit out the last year of his contract in protest.

Celtic may try to hijack Rangers' bid to land 23-year-old St Etienne defender Yohan Benalouane. (Sun/Daily Record)
Rangers hope to sign Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic next week and will take Honduran forward Georgie Welcome on trial. (Daily Express)

Ars*nal manager Arsene Wenger insists that midfielder Cesc Fabregas will stay with the club for another five years, despite on-going interest from Spanish side Barcelona, and will be captain for this coming season.

Blackpool's promotion heroes are still waiting to be paid the bonuses owed to them since their play-off victory at Wembley two months ago, leaving owner Karl Oyston facing a damaging row two weeks before their Premier League debut at Wigan.

France striker Nicolas Anelka is taking sports newspaper L'Equipe to court for libel after it printed details of his expletive-ridden World Cup rant at former coach Raymond Domenech.

North Korea's football 'flops' have been given a six-hour verbal roasting in front of hundreds of government officials for not winning the World Cup. Coach Kim Jong-Hun, 53, was made to work on a building site and expelled from the Workers' Party of Korea.

Manchester United's new signing Javier Hernandez scored against his new club after playing the first half for his previous team Chivas Guadalajara in a pre-season friendly. He switched to United's side in the second half, but could not prevent Sir Alex Ferguson's side from losing 3-2. (Various)

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »
Ars*nal have launched a £23m raid for Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina, but face a battle to lure one of the Anfield club's prize assets.
Manchester City will use Stephen Ireland as part of a player-plus-cash bid to persuade Aston Villa to part company with England international midfielder James Milner.
Full story: the Guardian
Milner was pulled out of Aston Villa's friendly against Valencia on Friday as his move to City moved ever closer. The Eastlands club will pay an intial £15m fee that could rise nearer to £20m once the player has achieved certain targets.
(The Times)
Stoke boss Tony Pulis is ready to offload Turkish midfielder-cum-striker Tuncay to Blackburn to help fund his £10m pursuit of Nice forward Loic Remy.
Meanwhile, Pulis is poised to make a £12m offer to West Ham to bring striker Carlton Cole to the Britannia Stadium.

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce is set to make a move for Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.
Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen is on the verge of a switch to Liverpool, according to his agent.
Cesc Fabregas admits he is only staying at Ars*nal because manager Arsene Wenger forced him to.

Everton defender Phil Jagielka will make his first England appearance since April 2009 in Wednesday's friendly against Hungary at Wembley as part of a number of changes by coach Fabio Capello to the squad that flopped at this summer's World Cup finals.
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres was waiting for an approach from Barcelona until the last minute before pledging his immediate future to Anfield.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is considering ending his interview boycott with the BBC. The Premier League has warned United of the fines the Scot could incur this season if he continues to ignore Match of the Day and 5 live reporters, while the League Managers' Association has tried to persuade the 68-year-old to break his Beeb silence.
Leeds chairman Ken Bates believes half of foreign owners of British clubs "don't know what they're doing", branding Liverpool's American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett "jokers".

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 08:52:58 AM »
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants former Ars*nal defender William Gallas at White Hart Lane.
Redknapp feels Tottenham could win the Premier League with three new signings - but the chances of landing all three are "quite slim".
Full story: talksport.co.uk
But Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko could be on his way out of White Hart Lane with Marseille keen on the Russia star.
However, Croatia's Stipe Pletikosa is on the verge of sealing a loan move to Tottenham with the 31-year-old Spartak Moscow keeper on trial with the north London club.
Werder Bremen have rejected a bid from Real Madrid for Germany international midfielder Mesut Ozil, describing the Spanish club's offer as "unacceptable". (AFP news agency)
New Fulham boss Mark Hughes believes he can bring the best out of striker Craig Bellamy, whose future at Manchester City appears to doomed after criticising manager Robert Mancini's approach.
Meanwhile, Hughes is closing in on a £1.5m deal for Algeria World Cup defender Rafik Halliche from Benfica.
Manchester City keeper Shay Given could be joining Ars*nal after being told Joe Hart will be the club's number one.
But Ars*nal face competition from Celtic in the pursuit of Republic of Ireland international keeper Given, with Manchester City preferring to sell the 34-year-old to the Scottish club rather than a Premier League rival.
Fulham are also keen to land Given as a replacement for Mark Schwarzer, who has been attracting the interest of the Gunners.
Schwarzer has handed in transfer request to Fulham as he tries to force through a move to Ars*nal.
Chelsea are weighing up a move for Real Madrid's France striker Karim Benzema.
Full story: caughtoffside.com
But Chelsea have been warned off trying to sign Stoke's Bosnia ­international goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
Manchester United are set to make a last-ditch bid for Bayer Leverkusen's German international keeper Rene Adler.
Wigan are close to securing a season-long loan for Chelsea's Argentine striker Franco di Santo, who spent last season on loan at Blackburn.
Wigan are also keen on Orebro SK's Finland striker Roni Porokara.
Blackburn Rovers are still in race for Fenerbahce's £5m-rated Spanish striker Dani Guiza.
Birmingham City are nearing a £2m move for Sunderland defender George McCartney and are to hold talks about taking striker Matt Derbyshire on loan from Olympiakos.
Newcastle have edged closer to sealing the signing of Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa after he was left out of the French club's weekend squad.
Liverpool are preparing an offer for Manchester City's Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz.
The Reds have also made enquiries about Anderlecht's 17-year-old Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku.
Full story: imscouting.com
Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac could also be on his way to Liverpool, according to French reports.
Liverpoolhave agreed a fee of £12.3m plus midfielder Alexander Hleb with Barcelona in return for Reds star Javier Mascherano.

Chelsea's stars are at 'war' with owner Roman Abramovich who has infuriated his Double winners by scrapping and slashing the squad's bonuses.
Steven Gerrard says he would love to play alongside Mikel Arteta in an England midfield. The Everton star has not been capped for Spain and qualifies to play for England through the residency rule.
Ars*nal boss Arsene Wenger has launched an attack on the Premier League's new "home-grown" rule, describing the introduction as "ridiculous".
Chelsea have secured first refusal on future Fluminese stars as part of the deal that took midfielder Deco to the Brazilian side.
Blackburn Rovers have moved a step closer to a £300m takeover by Western Gulf Advisory, a Bahrain-Swiss-based investment company who are owned by Ahsan Ali Syed.
Portsmouth will be bought for £16m by the man who put them into administration six months ago - Hong Kong-based Balram Chainrai.
The US Soccer Federation has dismissed reports that coach Bob Bradley has resigned, quashing rumours that the American could be on the verge of becoming Aston Villa's new manager.
Full story: the Guardian

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has developed a taste for rap and R'n'B during his time at White Hart Lane. The 63-year-old said: "I was quite into the song Empire State of Mind that Jay-Z did with Alicia Keys - that was a bit of an anthem for us last season."
Full story: Fourfourtwo.com

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson says neither Javier Mascherano or Dirk Kuyt will be joining former boss Rafa Benitez at Inter Milan.
Ars*nal boss Arsene Wenger could swoop for Netherlands international and Ajax goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg if he fails to lure Mark Schwarzer from Fulham.
Full story: Talksport.com
Should Schwarzer leave Craven Cottage for Ars*nal, Fulham boss Mark Hughes wants Stoke's Asmir Begovic to replace the veteran Australia international.
Full story: Mirror
The Gunners are considering whether to bring Matthew Upson back to the club. The defender has one year left on his contract with West Ham, who could be open to offers of about £7m for the England international.
Full story: Caughtoffside.com
Meanwhile, the Hammers are lining up a £2.5m bid for Aston Villa defender Luke Young.
West Ham boss Avram Grant is also lining up a £2.5m deal for Celtic's Marc-Antoine Fortune.
Manchester United are close to signing 16-year-old Ajax winger Gyliano van Velzen.
Birmingham are set to make an improved offer for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia, thought to be in the region of about £8.5-£9m.
Tottenham have ended their efforts to sign Manchester City defender Micah Richards after landing William Gallas.
Newcastle are closing in on a £3.5m deal for FC Twente's Ivory Coast's defensive midfielder Cheick Tiote.
Ars*nal boss Arsene Wenger admits a move for Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given is increasingly unlikely because of his wage demands, although Fulham's Mark Schwarzer is still on his radar.
Tottenham will have to cough up £8.5m to take Lassana Diarra after Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho said he will not allow the midfielder to go out on loan.
Mourinho is planning a £20m bid to bring Chelsea's Didier Drogbato Real Madrid.

New Aston Villa signing Stephen Ireland says James Milner is "going to get a shock soon" following his move to Manchester City.
West Ham striker Carlton Cole says Fabio Capello is "up there with Jose Mourinho" as the best manager he has ever worked with.
Newcastle manager Chris Hughton will not take any risks with former England defender Sol Campbell as he nears full match fitness.
(Press Association)
Harry Redknapp has told Tottenham Hotspur fans to get behind his decision to sign William Gallas on a free transfer, insisting he has not "signed the Yorkshire Ripper".

QPR boss Neil Warnock says England rugby star Danny Cipriani, who has been training with the club, "has a good left peg and will play a couple of reserve games before he goes off to Melbourne" to recomence his oval ball career.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is poised to make an approach for Aston Villa's Ashley Young, with the winger willing to review his future following his club's Europa League exit at the hands of Rapid Vienna on Thursday.
But if Redknapp wants to sign Brazil striker Luis Fabiano from Seville, he will have to fork out £25m. (The Sun)
Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been told to stop trying to engineer a move from the club and fight for his place in the team.
Liverpool have moved quickly to replace midfielder Javier Mascherano by agreeing a £10.7m package with Porto for the Portugal international Raul Meireles.
Or, Udinese's Swiss international Gokhan Inler is the man Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has identified as the successor to Argentine Mascherano in the Reds midfield. Hodgson will also push through Paul Konchesky's £3m arrival from his old club Fulham and move for PSV Eindhoven striker Ola Toivonen.
The Anfield club are also reported to be leading race for Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra.
Full story: IMScouting.com
Manchester City have lined up a move for Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic - allowing Shay Given to join Fulham.
Goalkeeper Richard Wright, who is training with Crystal Palace, is on Blackpool's radar after the Londoners failed in a move for Birmingham's Maik Taylor.
West Ham have dismissed a loan move for Swiss midfielder Valon Behrami from Serie A side Roma.
Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia turned turned a £9m move to Birmingham because the St Andrews club would not yield to the French player's £50,000-a-week wage demand.

England manager Fabio Capello is prepared to axe striker Wayne Rooney from his starting XI for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Bulgaria on Friday.
Capello is also in talks with Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta in the hope of persuading the Spaniard to play for England now that he qualifies through residency.
Dutch legend Ronald Koeman has revealed he is interested in becoming Aston Villa's new manager.
Full story: Express

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has identified the reason for the Latics' dismal away form last season, putting it down to a fashion faux-pas. "We always blame the orange kit for our away performances last season," he said. "We never won a game with that kit." Full story: Daily Mirror
Matthew Kilgallon says he talks to himself in the Middlesbrough dressing room because he cannot understand his Scottish team-mates. Full story: Daily Mirror