Breaking news Spurs will NOT be signing anyone  :(
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Departures/Rumours thread
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
Hardly breaking news,think we knew that was coming.  ???

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2014, 03:55:23 PM »
Breaking news Spurs will NOT be signing anyone  :(

Has there been anybody worth signing anyway

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »
Gutted to see Holtby go out on loan, big mistake our policy of offing decent players really is getting very tiring!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »
Gutted to see Holtby go out on loan, big mistake our policy of offing decent players really is getting very tiring!

Yes, but the good news is that he is only on loan so he is still a Spurs player.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »
I agree, Holtby on loan means he will get to play regularly and will return a better player. He was wasted with us.

I will be watching him at Fulham and I bet he will score a couple before the end of the season

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2014, 07:38:41 AM »
I agree, Holtby on loan means he will get to play regularly and will return a better player. He was wasted with us.

I will be watching him at Fulham and I bet he will score a couple before the end of the season

I am very hopeful that he may do a Walker, having left the club on loan as a fringe player put in a storming display whilst on loan and come back a key piece to our jigsaw providing he gets the opportunity with us and still sees his future at WHL.

I shall be following with great interest he is one for the future for sure if we can keep hold of him!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »

Yes, but the good news is that he is only on loan so he is still a Spurs player.

Yes voice my original post states "Gutted to see Holtby go out on loan" and due intelligence I am, and I am sure every other Spurs supporter knows what on loan means, but thanks for stating the obvious!  :up:.

Holtby gives us options in midfield so I still feel it is a mistake and although he will get game time at Fulham and it opens up possibilities of development for us it also opens up possibilities of him being in the shop window and also seeing his future elsewhere, a double edged sword.

A player certainly worth watching closely whilst on loan.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »
Tim said, he was gutted to see Lewis go to Fulham on loan till the end of the season. He's wants first team football and more time on the pitch. Sherwood understood he's reason's and has let me go on loan as feel's hes down the picking line for the starting 11.

Plus he did say he still has a future at Spurs and is welcome back in the summer.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2014, 08:13:12 AM »
Hope Holtby still feels he has a future at WHL thats my big concern TBH.

I am guess from what you have quoted Southend is that Holtby pushed for a laon move?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »
Yes he want's to play, that's why you have to respect the players wishes. If the manager(Tim) doesn't have plans for a player(s) to play in he's current team then action should be taken.

A sky Sports reporter was interviewing Lewis, So I was watching it live. One thing he asked Lewis is why would you swap a top 4 challenge for a Bottom 3 battle - "I just want to play and the gaffer has let me go on loan to Fulham till the end of the season & I thank him for that"

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:55 AM »
Yes he want's to play, that's why you have to respect the players wishes. If the manager(Tim) doesn't have plans for a player(s) to play in he's current team then action should be taken.

A sky Sports reporter was interviewing Lewis, So I was watching it live. One thing he asked Lewis is why would you swap a top 4 challenge for a Bottom 3 battle - "I just want to play and the gaffer has let me go on loan to Fulham till the end of the season & I thank him for that"

Thanks for that info Southend, puts a very different slant on it for me having the facts, we have effectively put the players wishes first in this case, a good move by Tim in that respect.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
I don't understand the 'thinking' at Spurs. I really don't.
Sign one of the best up and coming midfielders from Europe (Holtby) for a bargain in January 2013.
Hardly plays in first 6 months.
Sign 5 more midfielders July-Sept 2013, only two of which are on-par or better than Holtby (Eriksen & Paulinho) even though central defenders and strikers are whats needed.
Play most of the summer signings while leaving one of the most complete midfielders in the team rotting on the bench.
Bargain buy realises his mistake at signing for Spurs (as do some of the summer signings) and asks to leave. Sherwood says Holtby doesn't fit his current plans, but doesn't want to sell him, so loans him to Fulham?
If he doesn't fit Sherwoods plans now, what is going to change by Holtby going to Craven cottage??
Nothing - except he will prove how good he is, be recalled by Sherwood and end up on the bench again because he will STILL be down the pecking order having not played for SPURS, or be sold on for a profit.
Absolute farce.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
I don't understand the 'thinking' at Spurs. I really don't.
Sign one of the best up and coming midfielders from Europe (Holtby) for a bargain in January 2013.
Hardly plays in first 6 months.
Sign 5 more midfielders July-Sept 2013, only two of which are on-par or better than Holtby (Eriksen & Paulinho) even though central defenders and strikers are whats needed.
Play most of the summer signings while leaving one of the most complete midfielders in the team rotting on the bench.
Bargain buy realises his mistake at signing for Spurs (as do some of the summer signings) and asks to leave. Sherwood says Holtby doesn't fit his current plans, but doesn't want to sell him, so loans him to Fulham?
If he doesn't fit Sherwoods plans now, what is going to change by Holtby going to Craven cottage??
Nothing - except he will prove how good he is, be recalled by Sherwood and end up on the bench again because he will STILL be down the pecking order having not played for SPURS, or be sold on for a profit.
Absolute farce.
[/quote

You and me alike Scots. But whether your questions will ever be answered, probably not.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
Tim said, he was gutted to see Lewis go to Fulham on loan till the end of the season. He's wants first team football and more time on the pitch. Sherwood understood he's reason's and has let me go on loan as feel's hes down the picking line for the starting 11.

Plus he did say he still has a future at Spurs and is welcome back in the summer.

But will the new manager - if not Sherwood - want him back? Would Sherwood want him back? And would he want to come back after being shipped out. Obviously he is not in Spurs plans for this season; which must be a kick in the teeth for him.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.