SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »
£10 million is a fair price but really I can't see us selling JJ, He has scored 8 goals which is great but I have to agree that it aint gonna happen when we are already playing european football next season. I heard what Levy said that we are not a selling club and we have to keep that promise.

Beattie for JJ that is a rubbish deal I don't want beattie at our club. Rather keep hold of JJ rather than doing a deal which I know aint worth swapping.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:24:25 AM by Dj Frisky »

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 11:20:52 AM »
Jol Realy rate jenas and i cant see him letting him go.

to be honest i don't think he will hardly anyone go this this unless they haven't played much

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »
I can't see Jol selling Jenas, not for Beattie. I don't rate him that highly and would rather keep JJ.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 01:47:33 PM »
£10 million for Jenas I'd bite their arm of. I'm certain we could find a better attacking midfielder to replace him for that money. Forget about any sort of swap deal though if a players not good enough for Everton he sure as hell isn't good enough for Spurs.

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »
Dear god not Beattie...

Ghaly wants to leave.
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 03:14:04 PM »
Tottenham could be set to part company with Hossam Ghaly this summer after his shirt throwing antics against Blackburn Rovers.  

Hot-headed Ghaly is set to be fined after throwing his shirt to the ground after being taken off during the 1-1 draw, but the 25-year-old has also claimed that there are bigger clubs than Spurs interested in signing him this summer.
Boss Martin Jol, who is looking to strengthen his squad for a Champions League push next season, is also unlikely to stand in his way as he bids to get rid of some of his fringe players.

Meanwhile, Ghaly says that there is plenty of interest in him from other clubs and the Egyptian star has set his heart on a move away from White Hart Lane.

"I've received interest from a bigger club than Tottenham, they want to sign me, so we will have to see what happens next," the player said of the situation.

Offline Storts

Departures/rumours thread
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 04:27:12 PM »
For all the players supposedly heading out of the Lane

Robbo's Future in Doubt.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 12:03:40 PM »
THE SUN newspaper are reporting that Paul Robinson's future at Tottenham Hotspur could be in doubt after Martin Jol joined the race for Hearts goalkeeper Craig Gordon.

It is said Spurs are ready to launch an £8million bid for the Scottish international who is regarded by many as the best goalkeeper in Britain to provide top class competition for Robinson.

Manchester United and Ars*nal have also been linked with a move for Gordon who is expected to leave Hearts this summer. Fulham had a £3million bid turned down for the 24-year-old in January.

The paper suggests that if Spurs were successful in their bid, it would signal the end of Radek Cerny's time at White Hart Lane.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »
Not needed, expecially for that price.

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »
Tottenham have re-affirmed their desire to keep their best players by slapping a £15million price tag on England midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

They believe that will repel the unwanted attentions of predators like Everton, who are keen on the former Newcastle and Nottingham Forest star.

Jenas, who cost £7million when he joined move south from Tyneside a couple of years ago, scored eight times last term and is regarded as a key element in Martin Jol's plans to break into the top four in the Premiership.

He was a member of Sven-Goran Eriksson's squad for last summer's World Cup, although he did not see any action, and is one of six Spurs players in the England B squad for the forthcoming friendly international with Albania.

His most memorable moment this season was the injury-time equaliser from 25 yards which scorched into the bottom corner of the net and sent White Hart Lane into raptures as it gained Tottenham a 2-2 draw with bitter enemies Ars*nal.

It was a valuable point which helped Spurs cement fifth place in the final standings for the second successive campaign.

Source from the Daily Mail

Reports this morning claim Spurs are about to release midfielders Teemu Tainio and Danny Murphy.

Murphy would appear to be a certainty to leave this summer having struggled to even make the bench in the last third of the season. Murphy is reportedly attracting the interest of both Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers.

The reports of Tainio leaving are more surprising with the battling midfielder thought to have been a favourite of Spurs boss Martin Jol who views the player as a very good squad player.

Tainio is being linked with a potential move to Aston Villa.

Source all3points.com

Tainio is a good player when he plays. I think we should keep hold of him he adds steel to our midfield had these injuries what he had not come then I am sure he would have scored a few goals for us.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:17:06 PM by Dj Frisky »

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Tainio is a great player when healthy. Never gives up and alwysa give 100% week in week out!
Good player to bring in to steel up the midfield like he did vs Ars*nal, unfortunalty he got injured n Ars*nal began controlling, but b4 that he ran the midfield for us with his aggression and constant tackleing!!

Really Hope he stays

COYS!!!!!
COYS!

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »
Chelsea have lodged a £10m bid for Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda. (Daily Mail)

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »
Manchester United have placed a £39M bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov plus they are offering £11M for Louis Saha. (The Sun)

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Quote from: Dj Frisky;9990
Manchester United have placed a £39M bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov plus they are offering £11M for Louis Saha. (The Sun)

"The Sun"

That says it all, joke of a newspaper. Berba will stay!

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 12:53:23 PM »
That's gotta be a joke, berba is going nowhere he's not even for sale.