SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Departures/Rumours thread
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2014, 01:35:41 PM »

I don't like this. Not one bit. I mean come on, even if they sold him to flippin' Whitecaps where I might actually be able to catch him live, I wouldn't be happy, because he should still be with Spurs.

Agreed with both Riff and BJ. This move is stupid for Defoe and for Spurs.

Today Defoe comes of the bench to score the decisive 2nd goal and gave Palace back four a terrible last 20mins, he looked super sharp and a class act that we all no he is!, I never said sell Defoe and never would, he would be in my first 11 every game if fit, it baffles me why (before Sherwoods rein) all the other managers kept benching him as everybody knows he will score sometime and when one goes in with him several then follow, he is a proven 20+ goal scorer who has scored 7 goals in 5 games in the cup., the only reason he doesnt have many league goals is because he is never on the pitch consistently for 90mins or every game.

This is the FIRST PL Game this season that Defoe has done anything, OK he scored, how many times this season when he has come on as Sub in PL games has he been ineffective, I'll tell you, before Sat, EVERY TIME. Sorry I completely disagree with you.

ONE SWALLOW DOES NOT A SUMMER MAKE

Or in this case a season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nope: :nope: :nope:

He has to start end of, we persisted with Soldado on his own and it never worked, we relied on too many penalties, he never got support from a cramped center midfield, Defoe never got a proper chance, you cant expect any player to keep saving a team as a sub, there has only been one player in the premier league I can think of that could do that regular and he is now the manager of a Cardiff.
Defoe has score 148 goals for Spurs, lg, cups, and broke our own top european goal scoring record so yes he deserves respect from Spurs fans, he is not at fault for a stupid manager before, he is on the bench now because Tim tried a new strike pairing and it is working so till one of those gets injured or suspended thats where he will stay, If its not broken dont fix it!.

You are partly right, but Defoe has had plenty of chances over the years to cement himself as no 1.
Most of his goals are scored against poor opposition. He regularly squanders 4 or 5 chances to score 1 goal.
Otherwise he would be playing every week, getting 20+ a season, and we would not be having these discussions.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
Let's keep this thread about Departure rumours. You can open up a new thread for Defoe if you want to.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »
Let's keep this thread about Departure rumours. You can open up a new thread for Defoe if you want to.

Er... Defoe is departing. I was giving my opinions as for possible reasons for that departure.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

Er... Defoe is departing. I was giving my opinions as for possible reasons for that departure.

If he stayed he would always be second fiddle. Now Spurs have sold him we need another striker.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
Rumors Gomes of to a team in Brazil, I wish him all the best,  Holtby back to Shalke and Capoune to Italy

Surely we need to keep Holtby he has a bright future with us!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2014, 06:36:18 AM »
Good for Gomes, seriously. Why have Spurs treated him like that, I don't get it. Capoue reportedly needs some attitude adjustment. I think Bentaleb getting the nod ahead of him pretty muck proves it. Holtby should be given more chances with us - his passion and work rate are second to none.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »
Apparently Shane Long is in talks with a team in the top 8, I know TS has spoken about him before and we have been linked too.
Maybe JD's replacement !
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Good for Gomes, seriously. Why have Spurs treated him like that, I don't get it. Capoue reportedly needs some attitude adjustment. I think Bentaleb getting the nod ahead of him pretty muck proves it. Holtby should be given more chances with us - his passion and work rate are second to none.

I think he was allowed to leave along time ago, unfortunately, not many clubs came in for him.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »
Rumors Gomes of to a team in Brazil, I wish him all the best,  Holtby back to Shalke and Capoune to Italy

Gomes can go he has been 3rd fiddle for along time, Holtby I cant get my head round this one as not long ago people where saying he was one of the best youngsters coming through, even Ars*nal where looking at him!, Capoune also is a good defensive midfielder that can play in defence if needed, he is a good holding midfield man and comes across as the old type no nonsense player, if it is his mental state surely we have support people or the manager who can be an encouraging ear to listern or shoulder to cry on, it seems to me if this happens Tim is clearing out alot of AVB buys.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »

Gomes can go he has been 3rd fiddle for along time, Holtby I cant get my head round this one as not long ago people where saying he was one of the best youngsters coming through, even Ars*nal where looking at him!, Capoune also is a good defensive midfielder that can play in defence if needed, he is a good holding midfield man and comes across as the old type no nonsense player, if it is his mental state surely we have support people or the manager who can be an encouraging ear to listern or shoulder to cry on, it seems to me if this happens Tim is clearing out alot of AVB buys.
They were saying he (as in Holtby) was one of the best for AVB, but not for Sherwood. All Sherwood is doing is exactly what AVB did, or any manager does. Picks the players he likes and fits in to his ideas. Ado didn't for AVB, Holtby for Sherwood.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »
         If, as is rumoured Sherwood is going to shift out a lot of AVB's signings, we are going to have a very small squad, seeing as he (Sherwood) has said that he will not be buying anyone in this window, and to be honest, I don't think that the decision is his to make, I would say that Levy and Baldini will be making those decisions!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2014, 08:01:06 AM »
Well the Latest news on Skysports news is Chadli is now wanting a move to see first team football and is unhappy at being played out of position on the left wing, he wants to play central which is a position we have a few players at. He is worried about losing his world cup place in the Belgium team as the manager has warned off it and is not happy at him not been first choice :-[ !, If this is true and with all the other rumours aswell then we will be prone to injuries and surely fatigue and tiredness will take its toll. Paul you could be right about it being other peoples decisions which quite frankly is a shame if so, because although we spent 110m we recouped alot of that back with Bales sale so it should not really be down to finance, sure AVB(cough Levi/Baldi) did not find the holy grail with the players bought in must realize that the teams around are/have brought in some real quality so if we are to break into the top 4 again we must be more selective on the player we get not go out and buy too many hopefuls, as much as hate to say it Ars*nal waited and brought in Ozil, which proved a master stroke in turning the team around, now look where they are!. its killing me to see us get so far but stutter now, Tim has turned the tide and got us playing some good football again but lets hope he does not rip into the team to much to upset the balance again as did AVB.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
Well the Latest news on Skysports news is Chadli is now wanting a move to see first team football and is unhappy at being played out of position on the left wing, he wants to play central which is a position we have a few players at. He is worried about losing his world cup place in the Belgium team as the manager has warned off it and is not happy at him not been first choice :-[ !, If this is true and with all the other rumours aswell then we will be prone to injuries and surely fatigue and tiredness will take its toll. Paul you could be right about it being other peoples decisions which quite frankly is a shame if so, because although we spent 110m we recouped alot of that back with Bales sale so it should not really be down to finance, sure AVB(cough Levi/Baldi) did not find the holy grail with the players bought in must realize that the teams around are/have brought in some real quality so if we are to break into the top 4 again we must be more selective on the player we get not go out and buy too many hopefuls, as much as hate to say it Ars*nal waited and brought in Ozil, which proved a master stroke in turning the team around, now look where they are!. its killing me to see us get so far but stutter now, Tim has turned the tide and got us playing some good football again but lets hope he does not rip into the team to much to upset the balance again as did AVB.

I agree totally with this. Our nett outlay in the summer was around Zero. We must now be far more selective in future players we bring in, and try to keep as many existing players as we can to create some stability. Not easy I fear.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »
         If, as is rumoured Sherwood is going to shift out a lot of AVB's signings, we are going to have a very small squad, seeing as he (Sherwood) has said that he will not be buying anyone in this window, and to be honest, I don't think that the decision is his to make, I would say that Levy and Baldini will be making those decisions!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

It seems rumours and speculations are changing everyday. It now seems we want an experienced striker and midfield player.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
Let's keep this thread about departures only. There is a separate thread for Arrival rumours.