SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »
Quote from: Biggs;39367
C'mon :lol: if Berba is even a little bit interested in moving there because of Petrov and Bojinov, he stupid imo.

if he did end up going there it would all be down to money only.

Same thing happened to Benjani, he didn't want to leave Pompy but he said he couldn't reject the silly money they where offering him

Lol, there were questions about that in interviews with Petrov and Berba here in Buglaria. Petrov said: "I think it would be great to play with him on a club level, but I can't see it happening in Manchester City." :). Berba just looked at the journalists in an are-you-nuts fashion and continued with answering the next question :P.
----------------

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »
Another player on Chelsea's transfer wish-list is Dimi Berbatov. The People announces that the Bulgarian 'believes he will be a Chelsea player next season.

'The Tottenham striker has told friends he expects to sign for the Blues this summer after contract talks with Spurs broke down. Chelsea will have to pay around £35million for the Bulgarian, especially as Spurs would rather sell to anyone other than their London rivals.'
Who are these friends aye :hmm: :rant:

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
Ive been reading news about Kaboul Welcoming a move to Pompey.

Omg he should not leave.. Anymore source for this??

Offline Edspurs

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2008, 02:20:10 AM »
IF Berba goes to City it would be fine. He'd be wasting himself there but we'd rake in the cash.

IF he went Manyoo that would hurt because we'd have to watch another old boy picking up the shiny stuff (Teddy, Carrrick, Scumball).

IF he has to leave at all though then better abroad - out of sight out of mind.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »
TOFFEES IN FOR BENT
Hey! Everyone! Look over here! It's some brand new gossip! Woohoo!

It comes in The Daily Mirror, who claim that Everton are weighing up a bid for Spurs striker Darren Bent.

However, here's the bad news for all you Tottenham fans out there - they are apparently only willing to pay £8million for their man, meaning Spurs will take a hit of around £8million on their former record signing.

Still, it's brand new gossip! How exciting.

Speaking of White Hart Lane deadwood, The Mirror again comes up with the goods, with word that Portsmouth are lining up a £2million move for 'defender' Younes Kaboul.

8m probably the best we are going to get for him.

Offline The Hat

• Poor man's Jose Dominguez
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
Haven't we only paid £12.5m for Bent so far, with the rest being based on appearances and so on? So if we sold for £8m, we'd actually only have lost about £4.5m.
There's more to life than the bloody Champions League

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
Repeating myself here but I think we'd only accept a bid for around £12m. Dont even think we've paid that amount Hat, the deal is spread over 4 years I believe.

Offline -AL-

« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »
are there any transfer rumours concerning boateng?

rumours in germany say, he could be on his way to hamburg ...or dortmund (i don't think so). but there aren't any reliable sources.
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:05 PM »
HORSE TRADING
Interesting lines in a couple of papers this morning, claiming Real Madrid will 'allow' Manchester United to have a clear crack at Dimitar Berbatov.

The catch, of course, is that United have to sell them Ronaldo.

Here we go again.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
Ramos coy on duo's future
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »
Tottenham manager Juande Ramos has admitted he is in the dark as to whether Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov will remain at the club.

Berbatov has been strongly linked to Manchester United, while Keane is the subject of interest from Liverpool.

Ramos has admitted the pair are hugely influential figures at the North London club, but he has given no assurances as to whether they will be Tottenham players in the new season.

“We’re going to see how this ends, but we’re speaking about two very important footballers,” Ramos told AS.

“For the moment they are with us but whatever happens our plan is to have a good squad with a potential that helps us to do better than last year.”

When asked about his objectives for next season, Ramos said Spurs will try and fight for a top-four finish.

The former Sevilla boss reckons his club will continue to sign youngsters and is ready to sell some senior players.

He added: “We’ve to be realistic, see where we start from and who are going to compete with us.

“Important clubs have been spending a lot of money for years and have a certain advantage, that’s why they say they want to sign our players.

“Obviously we understand there’s a top four composed of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Ars*nal, who are the ones that qualified for the Champions League in the last few years and challenging them is very complicated.

“Our aim is to finish in this top four but we are aware of the fact it’s difficult and that other teams will fight for the same goal.

“At Tottenham we have had a clear philosophy regarding buying and selling for years. You need to understand that this club is in the transfer market, a company that needs to debrief at the end of the financial year.

“The idea is signing young players, promising and talented ones, and if important offers for older players are made, studying it to see what is the best for the club.”

Doesn't really sound promising, and isn't that Philosophy the same one that Wenger is moaning about

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone was listening today (Saturday 19th @ about 1300 hours) but one of the presenters on there who is very close with the Tottenham camp & some players revealed the following:

Bentley is a done deal. Words apparently straight from the horses mouth. No fee mentioned.
A deal for Berba is likely to be done by the end of next week for a fee of around £28mill.
Robbie Keane is also to leave although no clear time line or fee stated.

Talk sport 1089 MW is a great channel & from my experience has been on the ball with their info so, match debate no more.  It's happening.

The presenters joked about the Bentley signing saying he'd provide great crosses into the box but the balls would just keep going cos there'd be no-one in the middle! LMAO  

It's a shame that we're losing two awesome forwards after bulstering our midfield with some great signings.

Alas maybe we're gonna do it the freaking Gooners way except we're actually gonna spend some money!!!

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1950-51, 1960-61       
CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

Offline RAOUF

Re: Departures/Rumours thread
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »
sell palacios as we need to blood in sandro pretty quick. even jj looks more effective than wp

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
Please God no Berbatov!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »
Reportedly Defoe will be unveiled as Toronto FC player early next week. He would be loaned back to us until March, though. To be honest, I'm not sure how playing for Toronto would get him into the World Cup squad.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »
I really dont understand this, we have a very good striker and are selling him?, how are they going to replace him without spending 40/50m?. its no good bringing in a young prospect and pressurizing him to come up trumps, we need a real deal all complete experienced striker, I am starting to worry which direction this club is going, we cant just rip a team apart and fill it with near all new players and expect to come out smelling of roses. selling Defoe is a big mistake. :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.