SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »
Birmingham linked with Ghaly today. Hope its true.

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2007, 04:51:21 PM »
To be honest I don't think Ghaly is good enough for Tottenham.
To Dare Is To Do

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »
Ghaly can go after what he did in that Blackburn match where he threw his shirt and he can take fat lad Mido with him has well.

Aston Villa offer Spurs £8m for Defoe.
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »
Aston Villa are ready to offer £8 million for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe

However Spurs are holding out for £10m for the sale of the striker.

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2007, 06:39:59 PM »
If Villa do offer 10Million, I say take it.. we have more than enogh fire power in Keane, Bent, and Dimi to seal that 4th place at least.

... Try to flog them Young-Pyo Lee while were at it. :D

Offline Keano

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »
if Defoe is willing to stay then i say keep him and sell big fat Mido.

I'd be happy to see Ghaly, Stalteri and Murphy leave too, especially Ghaly

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2007, 03:00:43 AM »
why sell lee? it would just be a mistake

he is the older and more experienced left back who could start for a couple of years while BAE and Bale get more experienced and more used to the Premiere League. Do we really want our defence to be anchored by 2 (3 if you count Berchiche) 17 year olds, who have little, or no, experience in the Premiere League? Lee played well for us last season and until he got injured was part of the main reason we managed to stay in the top 5.

also KEEP DEFOE he is still a 15+ goals a year striker who can come in and play in spots where we need him....if he is willing to fight for a place then let him stay

COYS!!!!!!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2007, 06:19:55 AM »
I totally agree
 Here's an idea so far we have made three signings and sold no one. Maybe Big  Martin is not going to unload anyone. He believes that players like Lee and Defoe obviously have an important role to play but even the likes of Mido and Ghaly are stil vital to our push into the top 4.
Maybe just maybe he thinks he is nearer to completing the jigsaw puzzle than the rest of us believe. I for one would not doubt him.
I also have a feeling that he does not see Bent as a back up for Berbs but sees them complementing eachother and so i would not be surprised to see them both starting along with keane who plays a bit deeper.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 06:20:38 AM by pukekohespur »
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2007, 06:40:05 AM »
Quote from: pukekohespur;16540
I totally agree
 Here's an idea so far we have made three signings and sold no one. Maybe Big  Martin is not going to unload anyone. He believes that players like Lee and Defoe obviously have an important role to play but even the likes of Mido and Ghaly are stil vital to our push into the top 4.

I also have a feeling that he does not see Bent as a back up for Berbs but sees them complementing eachother and so i would not be surprised to see them both starting along with keane who plays a bit deeper.

I agree with the fact that bent, keane, and berbatov will all be starting.... with keane maybe playing an attacking midfield role with bent as the "foremost" striker

but i am having a hard time agreeing that ghaly and mido are vital to us, as they hardly played last season and we have already picked up another striker to replace mido......as for ghaly, he did have potential, but he would be slated at the lane next season after that shirt incident so i think he would rarely play

will always have faith in BMJ, no matter how questionable his decisions may be............... :unsure:

COYS!!!!!!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2007, 06:47:44 AM »
Yeah I would rather that Ghaly was somewhere else [like the moon]. But it does seem strange that we have not moved anyone of note on. I mean Mido still rates himself and Murphy must want some more game time yet it is hard to see them pushing for a place in the starting line up.
I just feel jolly Jol has a master plan that none of us have fully twigged onto yet. If this is the case then the man is surely not human but some sort of Dutch super being. Or maybe God, now there's a thought. If God was a football manager then surely he would manage Spurs.
As the season draws nearer my belief that Defoe must stay just grows stronger.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Chimbo to chavski AGAIN!!!
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2007, 12:17:21 PM »
Chelsea are ready to make a cash-plus-players offer to Tottenham for fullback Pascal Chimbonda.

Chelsea will move for 29 year-old Frenchman Chimbonda by offering Shaun Wright-Phillips and Glen Johnson as possible makeweights.

Chimbonda joined Spurs last summer from Wigan for £6million, but is now valued at double that.

Don't go Chimbo - we love you!!
COYS!

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »
Quote from: pukekohespur;16543
If God was a football manager then surely he would manage Spurs.

:yesmaster:
----------------

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2007, 09:24:47 PM »
Lyn-Oslo has completed the signing of Tottenham midfielder Emil Hallfredsson.

Hallfredsson has struggled to make any impact during his time at White Hart Lane and has been allowed to leave.

The 23-year-old joined from FH Hafnarfjordur in January 2005 following a successful trial but never made a senior appearance.

The Icelandic winger has now penned a three-and-a-half year deal with Lyn-Oslo.

He admitted to the club's official website: "They made me the most interesting offer."

Hossam Ghaly
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »
I've got a feeling im gonna get slated for my next comment but im entitled to my opinion so i will say it...

Hossam Ghaly - dont condone his actions in the slightest. However, seem to recall a similar incident a while back when Keano got subbed, kicked something, ignored Jol and went straight down the tunnel... all unnoticed by our fans... but Ghaly throws his shirt and now we want him out!

Before that night, when we were playing badly so decided to make a scapegoat of someone and boo Ghaly (which i personally think is out of order throughout a game), i think he did ok, im not saying he should be named in the first 11 straight away but i believe he is a good squad player. and when he scored against chelsea, he was good then. he knows he made a mistake but i wouldnt sell him on that alone.

I just wonder hyperthetically what the fans would make if berbatov, king or dawson threw their shirt....

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2007, 11:04:50 PM »
People would hate to say it, but admit that he's gotta go, or atleast be punished.

But seeing as Ghaly is often crap, its a good excuse to get him out. Spurs fans can never look at him with the respect they did.

Dawson, King and Berbatov woulnd't do that anyway, their nice people, loyal players.