SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »
Great news for Bent coming !
----------------

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2007, 12:24:01 PM »
The daily mail also said that we were signing bent 2 weeks ago!!!

How many times has the charlton chairman got to go on ssn and state that no club has matched west ham's bid and therefore bent will be staying at charlton.For all we know spurs have ended their interest a long time ago.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
I really don't want Defoe to leave but i cant blame him for wanting to leave though

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »
I don't want Defoe to go.

I totally agree we should stop messing around in the striker department and worry more on the left side of our midfield.

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2007, 02:53:05 PM »
Personally I will be sorry of he goes. Ther's only one F in Defoe.

Berba's girl

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2007, 03:02:48 PM »
Personally, I dunno why we'd want to swap Defoe for Bent - what's the point?
And we'd end up with a £5m deficit if those figures are to be believed.

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 01:32:44 AM »
Quote from: Dj Frisky;14427
I don't want Defoe to go.

I totally agree we should stop messing around in the striker department and worry more on the left side of our midfield.

Agree with that.

Our Problem in the last season was the defense - 54 goals conceded is a real problem if you want to enter Top 4. Maybe spending money for the defense would be a better idea.

PS: Yes, I know we've signed Bale - But I don't expect that much from him especially not being consistent. He's still a Youngster...

Defoe snubs £10M Villa move.
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »
Aston Villa's hopes of landing Jermain Defoe have been hit by the news the striker has pledged his future to Tottenham.  

Reports have been rife that Defoe could be on the move after Tottenham splashed out £16million to sign Darren Bent from Charlton with both Villa and Sunderland said to be waiting in the wings should he move on.

Villa reportedly offered £10million for the striker at the start of the week, while it had also been suggested that Defoe had turned down the offer of a new five-year deal at the club.

Both reports seem to be wide of the mark and Defoe insists he is going nowhere.

"I'm really excited about the new season and prospect of another campaign in Europe," Defoe revealed. "We have made some good signings and our squad is now stronger and even better equipped to compete in all competitions.

"We have competition for places in all positions and that can only be good for the team."

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
its on bbcsport that defoe is staying to fight for his place, also tevez to man u, a real hands off berbs stance there
myspace.com/paulephgrave

Offline Powerage

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2007, 05:01:08 AM »
I expect Mido to be gone in a week or 2 and possibly Ghaly soon after. Danny Murphy can go as well, but someone said in another thread about Stalteri and Gardner to, but I can't see them being on huge wages and they would be good cover along with Lee so keep them.

I'm very surprised by Jol not wanting players to leave, we've signed loads but not had any go, maybe once we sign the left winger and possibly another defender, we'll let a few of the stragglers go. Mido and Ghaly my favourites first to leave.

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »
The tom tom drums seem to keep beating out the name of Davies, so it may be that the Jolmeister is still keen to add him to the squad. If this is the case then Gardner, Routledge may be in the frame as makeweights. Personally I think they would prefer a ton of cash instead.

Lee
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »
Tottenham full-back Lee Young-Pyo will consider his future at White Hart Lane when he returns from Asian Cup duty with South Korea.

The £10million signing of Gareth Bale has left the 30-year-old unsure of his place at Spurs.

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »
I would be unsure I were him as well ... :bruce_lee:
----------------

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
Yeah i don't blame him, we have 3 left backs not and 2 of them are really young and he is the oldest. Lee had his best season at spurs last season and impressed quite a few. I think that BAE and Bale will develop in to better players that he is though

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »
I really liked Lee (he was better than Assou-Ekotto) last season and I'd want him to continue at Spurs for another season. He'd  probably ends up a back-up player but I'd say a good back-up who can play on the left and right side.