SpursNetwork

Welcome Fazio

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Welcome Fazio
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:07:11 AM »
Welcome to Tottenham Hotspurs Fredrico Fazio.

I think we have landed a talented player and is definitely of the quality we need (within our budget) Here are some of the stats in comparison to our current players

League Only 2013-14   Total Headers Won   Headers Won Per Game   Height   Weight
Federico Fazio                        120                                 4.4                    6'5"      187 lbs
Jan Vertonghen                 57                                 2.5                    6'3"    190 lbs
Vlad Chiriches                         25                                 1.5                    6'1"           165 lbs
Younes Kaboul                    29                                 2.2                    6'0"           165 lbs

Dawson was the player that would dominate the air in both defence and attack. Fazio seems to be a master of the art. I expect him to play alongside Jan or Kaboul, with Kaboul being the one I would pip to miss out the most. This may also influence the Captain decision. Yes he does have some flaws as well but as the article below states these may be managed by our new guru.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2177289-is-federico-fazio-future-tottenham-hotspur-transfer-bust

It seems that Pochettino has identified the key areas we needed to improve - Our defence. All four of our signings so far are for positions at the back. Something we have been calling for for a while now. Especially the left back position! Now I know we would all like to see that big name signing up front and in many ways we still do need someone to be that outstanding player that can turn a game on their own. But what I like about this so far is that it manages to help close the gaps at the back that were clearly a problem for us, but doing it in a way that does not lose the confidence of the players we already have. Davies has arrived but he has shown faith in Rose. This preference may change but there is competition now in all positions. Dier has proved more than competent at RB so Walker will also have competition.

It also shows that the attacking players we have already , are not individually bad players, but they were not able to play as a team. So far that seems to be in the process of changing. Lamela is like having a new signing anyway. He is also getting good things from Adebayor and Soldado will have to fight hard to get back in. He may be one player that we sell and replace, but then again maybe not, he will get his chance again and maybe he will follow Lamela's lead and be our next 'Big' signing.

I know it is early days but so far I am actually impressed, not because we just won 4-0, but there seems far more positivity in play and around the team in general. For once the fans seems to be in greater agreement, where before there was divide. My prediction before the season was we would be lucky to finish 7th. Now I believe 5th is a real reality and who knows maybe...just maybe higher.

IT FEELS REALLY GOOD TO BE POSITIVE AGAIN (I hope it lasts)

P.S. With a name like Fazio I think we should expect a quality song for him soon. Something to do with Super Mario (Fazio) and Luigi come to mind, but I am sure someone can do better.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:09:26 AM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: Welcome Fazio
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:06:24 AM »
Yes a well needed addition especially with the departure of Dawson. What I like about Pochettino is that he has identified the weakness of, and strengthened, the entire defence. Fazio should hopefully help solve our constant problems with arial balls into the box. Not sorting out the defence has been the most glaring error of the last few seasons, by all our last 4 coaches. For the moment, I think that will do us, unless he can find a striker in the next few days.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
Yes a well needed addition especially with the departure of Dawson. What I like about Pochettino is that he has identified the weakness of, and strengthened, the entire defence. Fazio should hopefully help solve our constant problems with arial balls into the box. Not sorting out the defence has been the most glaring error of the last few seasons, by all our last 4 coaches. For the moment, I think that will do us, unless he can find a striker in the next few days.
I agree RSS61.
I'm even starting to think that Levy has FINALLY found the missing piece of the jigsaw with Pochettino.
Early days but a top 4 finish is not out of the question if we keep playing and improving as we have.
C.O.Y.S

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »
I'm even starting to think that Levy has FINALLY found the missing piece of the jigsaw with Pochettino.
If that really is the case, I can see him soon becoming the next manager of Real Madrid.  :hide:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
Glad to see we are strengthening our back four. Another striker and we should be there. :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.