SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:26:35 PM »
Reto Ziegler has come out and said he is happy in Italy and wouldn't mind staying!

"I have already said this before, it would appeal to me to stay here for a long time and to even play in the Uefa Cup in this shirt - it is a competition in which I have participated with three different teams."

We apperently want 1.5 mill for him??

I guess if he's happy we should let the lad go. I doubt he will get a regular spot here if he does indeed return to WHL.
Plus we reportedly in for various players for our left sided problem, and Zeigler will know this no doubt.

I don't actually believe he was good enough anyway for a regular spot on the left, a capable reserve at best really!

Any thoughts??

COYS!!!!
COYS!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »
As I've said before I can't see him fitting into MJ's plans and if he's happy where he is then I think he should stay. I've seen him play and I was actually impressed so I think we could get a reasonable sum for him.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »
Yeah i hope we get a good amount too!

trouble is Sampdoria are not willing to stump up 1.5 mill at the minute!, but thats Italians for ya lol :03_chair:

COYS!!!!
COYS!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »
I think he a good player and wouldn't mind having him as out premanent left back. He has got a great left foot on him.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »
Quote from: yido91;8375
I think he a good player and wouldn't mind having him as out premanent left back. He has got a great left foot on him.

im not convinced by him defensive work tbh!
I think Lee has improved massivly this season, and had finally settled in to life in the prem - hope his injury isnt to bad and he can return in good form!
He may be right footed and a little too short, but ive been impressed by him this year. Most improved player in the team imo!

We just need a natural left footed LM, dont think Ziegler is the guy!
COYS!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 01:29:28 PM »
if he is happy let him go for a good price dont look back

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »
Reto seems happy in Italy. Have mate in sampdoria who says he'splayed well. Think less physical league suits him.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »
I was hoping he would turn into the ideal left winger for us but i trust Jol and the board to make the right decisions and buy/sell the right players.

Take the winger who went to Newcastle last summer who we were interested in.  I can't remember (ah dink there goes the brain) DUFF i believe.  He didn't turn out a great signing for them and i believe the Spurs management knew he wasn't worth the amount that they wanted for him, so i'd say the board will do well this summer and if Ziegler goes, then thats because he isn't the right man for the job.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1950-51, 1960-61       
CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »
Not too fussed if he doesn't return, get a good price I'll be happy.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
Don't see Reto fitting into our team plans for next season. A reasonable amount should do a permanent deal with Sampdoria in the summer and then we can look at some possible targets for our left sided problems.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:16:06 PM by Dj Frisky »

Offline Storts

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
Off you go Reto then. To be honest he was never really in MJ's plans, much like Routledge. If MJ likes them then they play week in week out. It is as simple as that. He had a good breakthrough season but to be fair we had an average team at best then. Now we have a world class team and he is simply not good enough to be included in that.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »
Yeh MJ never really like him but i couldn't understand why. when ever i saw Reto i was im pressed with him and he is left footed just what we need. also he can play left mid and left back. i always thought he had a big future but i hop he dose well in italy

Everton chase Jenas for £10 Million
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »
Everton boss Dave Moyes is ready to offer £10 million for Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

The People says Moyes thinks he could tempt Jenas to Goodison with the promise of leading his side into Europe next season - and with guarantees of a regular game.

Everton's misfit striker James Beattie may be part of the deal, with Moyes prepared to sell.

Spurs tried to offload Mido to Everton for Beattie in the last window and manager Martin Jol has since confirmed his admiration for the target man.

Berba's girl

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »
Cant see that happening. For a start, why would JJ want to move when he is already playing European football next season? If Spurs keep their promise not to be a selling club, then I would be very surprised if he was let go.

Offline ct5845

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »
I'm sure he wouldn't sell unless he actually wanted to.

Thoughts on somebody like Bently taking his place, havent seen that much of him tbh, but have heard quite alot about him.