SpursNetwork

Arrivals/Rumours thread

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
From the media. I understand that Levy has offered to strengthen before the end of this window and Sherwood turned down the offers. So it's all down to him now.

I can't wait to see what happens at Hull!!!

:up:

And why didn't he trust them? Because they weren't in his ling term thinking. However, in the case of Sherwood he was offered new players and he said if they got them they wouldn't be played. Which is pretty final.

Well, that is interesting. Levy was criticised by the fans for not buying in the January window last season. Now he has offered to buy and Sherwood has rejected his offer. So if there is going to be any blame then it will be directed at his door. If he doesn't get a top 4 spot I can't see him staying.

Is it a fact that Levy offered to buy players, and TS rejected them ? Or (more likely) Levy wouldn't trust him with the cheque book in the same way he didn't trust Harry in his last transfer window with us ?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2014, 02:40:34 PM »
Manchester United will offer Toni Kroos £260,000 a week in an effort to prise the 24-year-old midfielder away from Bayern Munich this summer.
Full story: the Guardian
Jose Mourinho is confident Chelsea have secured a £50million deal for Diego Costa in the summer, while Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone says he will not stand in the 25-year-old striker's way.

And we wonder why we cannot get the players we need !!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
Manchester United will offer Toni Kroos £260,000 a week in an effort to prise the 24-year-old midfielder away from Bayern Munich this summer.
Jose Mourinho is confident Chelsea have secured a £50million deal for Diego Costa in the summer, while Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone says he will not stand in the 25-year-old striker's way.

We will never pay that kind of money for one player or pay 260 grand a week! :tickedoff:

Offline RSS61

« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »

We will never pay that kind of money for one player or pay 260 grand a week! :tickedoff:

I see the average wage at Man City is £ 102 k a week, more than any of our top earners.

Offline macr

« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2014, 10:09:18 AM »
Tottenham want to sign Negredo (Man City player), what you think?

http://mercafichajes.es/03/07/2014/tottenham-une-puja-negredo/

Offline RSS61

« Reply #380 on: July 04, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »
Tottenham want to sign Negredo (Man City player), what you think?

http://mercafichajes.es/03/07/2014/tottenham-une-puja-negredo/

What I think is it will never happen

Offline RSS61

« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:51 AM »
Am I just being negative and cynical, or are we looking like being f****d over once more in the transfer window, without ever knowing why. We have been linked with enough players to fill 10 teams, yet so far all we have to show for it is a LB, and back up keeper.
It would seem to me that because (a) we are not in the champions league (b) we don't pay top wages, that we do not end up getting the players that we really need, ie 1 or 2 CB, creative midfielder with pace, and at least 1 striker.
Unless Pochettino can work miracles with the existing squad, then we will be forced to settle for 6th/7th once more.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »
Am I just being negative and cynical, or are we looking like being f****d over once more in the transfer window, without ever knowing why. We have been linked with enough players to fill 10 teams, yet so far all we have to show for it is a LB, and back up keeper.
It would seem to me that because (a) we are not in the champions league (b) we don't pay top wages, that we do not end up getting the players that we really need, ie 1 or 2 CB, creative midfielder with pace, and at least 1 striker.
Unless Pochettino can work miracles with the existing squad, then we will be forced to settle for 6th/7th once more.
Daniel 'bargain basement' Levy is at it again, waiting until the last minute to sign the s**te and offcasts that nobody else really wants, when everyone else has splashed the cash on quality early in the transfer window.
I know Levy is a  good businessman but he knows nothing about players - its time someone else was put in charge of negotiations and targets or at the very least made an advisor to Levy or else we will continue to be a laughing stock, every single transfer window.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2014, 05:57:53 PM »
Daniel 'bargain basement' Levy is at it again, waiting until the last minute to sign the s**te and offcasts that nobody else really wants, when everyone else has splashed the cash on quality early in the transfer window.
I know Levy is a  good businessman but he knows nothing about players - its time someone else was put in charge of negotiations and targets or at the very least made an advisor to Levy or else we will continue to be a laughing stock, every single transfer window.

He might not know nothing about players, that is why he hired somebody who does.

As for waiting for the last minute; he already got two good players already.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #384 on: July 31, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »

He might not know nothing about players, that is why he hired somebody who does.

I have stated in previous posts that I am very happy with our two new signings, but neither are world class. The  players that would make a real difference are the ones we let get away because Levy won't splash the cash. As for hiring somebody who knows about players, are you talking about the manager or the director of football??

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #385 on: July 31, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »

I have stated in previous posts that I am very happy with our two new signings, but neither are world class. The  players that would make a real difference are the ones we let get away because Levy won't splash the cash. As for hiring somebody who knows about players, are you talking about the manager or the director of football??
I think RSS61 listed all the possible reasons why these so-called world class players won't be joining us. Most footballers are people just like we all are - they want to work for a prestigious company which would pay them more than others. Now, we all know that THFC won't be paying more than others and THFC is not prestigious (winning the league more than half a century ago doesn't count). Obviously there may be players who seem to value some other aspects of life (for example our Hugo Lloris and Leighton Baines in Everton, to name two) but they belong to a very small minority.

Before bringing in "big" players the club must become big. A fine start would be winning a cup or two, but I cannot see that happening because the club and supporters seem to think THFC is too good for Europa League, despite the fact it's all we've got.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #386 on: July 31, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »

I think RSS61 listed all the possible reasons why these so-called world class players won't be joining us. Most footballers are people just like we all are - they want to work for a prestigious company which would pay them more than others. Now, we all know that THFC won't be paying more than others and THFC is not prestigious (winning the league more than half a century ago doesn't count). Obviously there may be players who seem to value some other aspects of life (for example our Hugo Lloris and Leighton Baines in Everton, to name two) but they belong to a very small minority.

Before bringing in "big" players the club must become big. A fine start would be winning a cup or two, but I cannot see that happening because the club and supporters seem to think THFC is too good for Europa League, despite the fact it's all we've got.

Correct Riff. Lets not forget that the team that wins the Europa League this season now qualifies for next seasons CL, a big incentive for us.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #387 on: July 31, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »
Correct Riff. Lets not forget that the team that wins the Europa League this season now qualifies for next seasons CL, a big incentive for us.
I did not know that. Great news and all the more reason to go and win the bloody thing!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #388 on: July 31, 2014, 03:59:53 PM »

are you talking about the manager or the director of football??

How about both.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #389 on: August 01, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »
Sky sports have just announced that Spurs have signed 20 year old England under 21 Eric Dier from Sporting Lisben., haven't seen or heard of him but he was on lone at Everton in 2011 , he is 6ft 2 so he is a big lad, I'm liking the way Pochittino is bringing in the yourth. He is another young defender to go with Davis so he is building a good young base line in our shabby current defence, this might take a season to get them to gel but if it stops the thrashings then that's fine by me. :)
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.