SpursNetwork

Arrivals/Rumours thread

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »
Well its looking increasingly like we wont be bringing anybody in this month. For me, that is a big worry and I really cant see us overtaking Liverpool to get that elusive 4th spot without at least 2 or 3 additions. I do hope I'm wrong on this one.

When Sherwood was interviewed he said it was unlikely, but not impossible. I think we might still go in for a striker; as back up.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »
Well its looking increasingly like we wont be bringing anybody in this month. For me, that is a big worry and I really cant see us overtaking Liverpool to get that elusive 4th spot without at least 2 or 3 additions. I do hope I'm wrong on this one.

When Sherwood was interviewed he said it was unlikely, but not impossible. I think we might still go in for a striker; as back up.
A striker is a must because Defoe will be gone by March. Facing the crucial months of our campaign with two senior strikers (one is incapable of scoring and the other one tends to go missing) would not be a madness, but a sheer stupidity.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »

A striker is a must because Defoe will be gone by March. Facing the crucial months of our campaign with two senior strikers (one is incapable of scoring and the other one tends to go missing) would not be a madness, but a sheer stupidity.

I have a feeling that if we do get a striker it will be our old mate the Fulham hider/ striker.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2014, 07:48:39 AM »

I have a feeling that if we do get a striker it will be our old mate the Fulham hider/ striker.

Well if thats the case, then Levy / Baldini really should be sacked. Is Berbatoss really the answer ?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #364 on: January 24, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »

Well if thats the case, then Levy / Baldini really should be sacked. Is Berbatoss really the answer ?
Well, if that is the case then we would have to see how he would improve the team. Nevertheless, It would only be used if we had injuries. If he helps us get into the top 4 then Levy and Baldini will be geniuses and if not they will be villains.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #365 on: January 31, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
From Sky Sports: "Tim Sherwood says there is 'zero per cent chance' of Tottenham Hotspur signing anyone today. Sherwood has batted away talk of a move for Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka and Juventus forward Mirko Vucinic. Sherwood also confirmed no-one else will be leaving White Hart Lane today on loan after Lewis Holtby moved to Fulham."

So, no new striker then?! This club is being run by imbeciles if they think we stand any chance of qualifying for CL with two senior strikers, injury prone / slow defenders and under-performing midfielders.

Nice job Levy & friends, just bloody great!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:37:44 PM by RiffHard »

Offline RSS61

« Reply #366 on: January 31, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »
From Sky Sports: "Tim Sherwood says there is 'zero per cent chance' of Tottenham Hotspur signing anyone today. Sherwood has batted away talk of a move for Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka and Juventus forward Mirko Vucinic. Sherwood also confirmed no-one else will be leaving White Hart Lane today on loan after Lewis Holtby moved to Fulham."

So, no new striker then?! This club is being run by imbeciles if they think we stand any chance of qualifying for CL with two senior strikers, injury prone / slow defenders and under-performing midfielders.

Nice job Levy & friends, just bloody great!

Well unless Joe Lewis really doesn't give a damn then when we fail to get top 4 this season, he should send Levy/Baldini packing.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #367 on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »
From the media. I understand that Levy has offered to strengthen before the end of this window and Sherwood turned down the offers. So it's all down to him now.

I can't wait to see what happens at Hull!!!

:up:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #368 on: January 31, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »
From the media. I understand that Levy has offered to strengthen before the end of this window and Sherwood turned down the offers. So it's all down to him now.

If that is the case Tim has set himself up for failure, if we fail to get top 4 it will be all his fault as he failed to take levys offer to strengthen!  Very silly in my opinion showing his lack of experience perhaps.

I hope he pulls it off COYS!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #369 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »

Well, that is interesting. Levy was criticised by the fans for not buying in the January window last season. Now he has offered to buy and Sherwood has rejected his offer. So if there is going to be any blame then it will be directed at his door. If he doesn't get a top 4 spot I can't see him staying.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #370 on: January 31, 2014, 09:37:25 PM »
That's it in a nutshell! We have to put our faith in the "new man".  I hope he knows something I don't.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #371 on: January 31, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
        Transfer Window Officially Closed  no signings or sightings reported   >:( >:( >:(
:SN:[font

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #372 on: February 01, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »
I know this isnt Tottenham but you got to feel sorry for the lower league sides

The Club twitted this Picture

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #373 on: February 02, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »
I was at least hoping for a striker. Evens the Fulham one on loan would have been better than nothing.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #374 on: February 05, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »

Well, that is interesting. Levy was criticised by the fans for not buying in the January window last season. Now he has offered to buy and Sherwood has rejected his offer. So if there is going to be any blame then it will be directed at his door. If he doesn't get a top 4 spot I can't see him staying.

Is it a fact that Levy offered to buy players, and TS rejected them ? Or (more likely) Levy wouldn't trust him with the cheque book in the same way he didn't trust Harry in his last transfer window with us ?