SpursNetwork

Arrivals/Rumours thread

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #345 on: July 21, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
Did you notice any gossip about Chadli? Well, I didn't. So, it kind of proves the papers are mostly printing fantasies and rubbish.

Spot on Riff, very valid point.

So I wonder who else is on Levys radar

So long as somebody is on Levy's radar I'll be happy.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »
Chadli link to us had been mentioned in the pres at least a couple of weeks ago. He scored a goal against us 3 years ago when playing for FC Twente in Europa.

Good signing IMO

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »
Chadli link to us had been mentioned in the pres at least a couple of weeks ago. He scored a goal against us 3 years ago when playing for FC Twente in Europa.

Good signing IMO

True; but he didn't get the same coverage as the other non starters.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
        How many more midfield players are we going to sign, either Levy has resigned himself to the fact that we are going to lose Bale or AVB is looking at Bale playing as a Striker this season I just hope its the latter!!!!!!!!!! as I'm sure does everyone else !!

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »
Latest rumors have it that we are going in strong for Soldado and no doubt more news will emerge later today or in the next day or so. Also Lisandro Lopez,  old pal of Lloris in Lyon. These are both strikers and both potential buys together, not one or the other.

The worry here is where is the money coming from?  If you add those 2 + Paulinho and Chadli, the total would add up to around £50m!  As far as I know, we haven't sold any dead wood yet to go anywhere near balancing the books and there are still big talks about Real and Bale, and that is a bigger worry!

I have heard all about Bale staying form different sources other than Gareth himself or Levy (including Ledley King this morning), so until I hear it from either of them, I will be zhitting bricks every day. Let's hope Levy doesn't leave it until August 31st or will he let us down at the last minute?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
        How many more midfield players are we going to sign, either Levy has resigned himself to the fact that we are going to lose Bale or AVB is looking at Bale playing as a Striker this season I just hope its the latter!!!!!!!!!! as I'm sure does everyone else !!

:up: :up: :up:

Some players that have signed will be squad players; all battling for first team preferences.

AVB has continually said that Bale won't go. We are still in for another striker or two.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »
Latest rumors have it that we are going in strong for Soldado and no doubt more news will emerge later today or in the next day or so. Also Lisandro Lopez,  old pal of Lloris in Lyon. These are both strikers and both potential buys together, not one or the other.

The worry here is where is the money coming from?  If you add those 2 + Paulinho and Chadli, the total would add up to around £50m!  As far as I know, we haven't sold any dead wood yet to go anywhere near balancing the books and there are still big talks about Real and Bale, and that is a bigger worry!

I have heard all about Bale staying form different sources other than Gareth himself or Levy (including Ledley King this morning), so until I hear it from either of them, I will be zhitting bricks every day. Let's hope Levy doesn't leave it until August 31st or will he let us down at the last minute?

I agree. Concerning Soldado; talks have broken down... that is if you can believe the papers :D
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
Latest rumour on sky website is Spurs are chasing former Chelski man Kalou, hmmm don't know what to think aboutt that, what we need is another striker and another left winger WITH PACE.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
Latest rumour on sky website is Spurs are chasing former Chelski man Kalou, hmmm don't know what to think aboutt that, what we need is another striker and another left winger WITH PACE.

What we really really need is a CB and LB. Agreed about the striker, but surely we have Townsend at LW ?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »
What I meant is cover for Townsend, like now when he is injured, Lamela lacks pace.

SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »
Well the Latest news on Skysports news is Chadli is now wanting a move to see first team football and is unhappy at being played out of position on the left wing, he wants to play central which is a position we have a few players at. He is worried about losing his world cup place in the Belgium team as the manager has warned off it and is not happy at him not been first choice :-[ !, If this is true and with all the other rumours aswell then we will be prone to injuries and surely fatigue and tiredness will take its toll. Paul you could be right about it being other peoples decisions which quite frankly is a shame if so, because although we spent 110m we recouped alot of that back with Bales sale so it should not really be down to finance, sure AVB(cough Levi/Baldi) did not find the holy grail with the players bought in must realize that the teams around are/have brought in some real quality so if we are to break into the top 4 again we must be more selective on the player we get not go out and buy too many hopefuls, as much as hate to say it Ars*nal waited and brought in Ozil, which proved a master stroke in turning the team around, now look where they are!. its killing me to see us get so far but stutter now, Tim has turned the tide and got us playing some good football again but lets hope he does not rip into the team to much to upset the balance again as did AVB.

I agree totally with this. Our nett outlay in the summer was around Zero. We must now be far more selective in future players we bring in, and try to keep as many existing players as we can to create some stability. Not easy I fear.

Better ?  :D :D :D

Offline RSS61

« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2014, 07:58:39 AM »
Well its looking increasingly like we wont be bringing anybody in this month. For me, that is a big worry and I really cant see us overtaking Liverpool to get that elusive 4th spot without at least 2 or 3 additions. I do hope I'm wrong on this one.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2014, 08:00:39 AM »
Well its looking increasingly like we wont be bringing anybody in this month. For me, that is a big worry and I really cant see us overtaking Liverpool to get that elusive 4th spot without at least 2 or 3 additions. I do hope I'm wrong on this one.
A week to go, and as there haven't been any serious suggestions, I think we could end up with a couple of loanees or useless panic buys.  :-\

Offline RSS61

« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2014, 12:31:59 PM »
A week to go, and as there haven't been any serious suggestions, I think we could end up with a couple of loanees or useless panic buys.  :-\

Yes, and hats off to Tim Sherwood. No complaints, just getting on with basically AVB / Baldini's recruits, and no mention of needing anyone else.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2014, 02:48:39 PM »
I don't think we have to buy more players at this point. We have all we need until the ned of the season at least, it's just a question of getting them to  play together. I think Sherwood is quite happy with the present squad. Let's see what happens.

This doesn't mean that I wouldn't welcome one or two good new faces!!