SpursNetwork

Arrivals/Rumours thread

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2007, 06:22:19 PM »
I rate Gudjonsen alot, would be a great buy!

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »
Eidur G would be a great player to see at the lane!! Confident players like him we need in order to break into top 4.

Any news on bent deal? Deal done? Heard west ham were interested? Curbs and him have history!!

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
ok to set things straight
Berbatov = going nowhere. He is happy at Spurs and thats what counts.

Keane = Definately NOT going to Villa. Why would he want to go to Villa?

Defoe = possibility of leaving. He wants first team football and MJ just cannot              promise that. Shame though because he is a great player.

Mido = Bye bye.

King/Dawson = Have formed a terrific partnership. First choice defenders by miles from everyone else. Respected and appreciated by the Spurs faithful. Why would they want to lose that?

Zokora = All rumours. I dont believe for a second he will want to leave after he just adjusted to the Premiership.

Murphy = good player, not needed though.

I dont know who we will sign however if i had the choice:

MGP = fantastic winger. Scores some crackers for Blackburn and can take set pieces.

Baines = proven left back at Wigan. Showed he can also strike a ball pretty well.

Tevez = Love for him to come to Spurs. Fantastic finisher and a work rate unmatched by any. Kept West Ham alive. However it would probably mean the end for Defoe.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2007, 01:11:03 AM »
Eidur? Yes, great ability and experienced. Ca play in a few positions and if Mido leaves, adding him would be a strengthening of the squad!

Also, while Defoe may be leaving, but I am not too sure, I think it would be because of the "pecking order" of him and Keane, they had roughly equal starts with him having the start of the season, it was made clear that not playing Keane when he is in form only hurts the squad, and maybe that was the point Jol wanted to make about playing Defoe against Blackburn, if he's not in top for, it's harder for him to get goals.

Don't want Bale, I think we have been thrown into a bidding war for him now and would apy too much for an untested Championship player, i would much rather Baines who is strong for Wigan.

Wouldn't mind MGP, strong, all depends on price.

LB, LW, and CM are crucial areas to improve on.

Spurs to bid again for West Brom's Davies.
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »
Tottenham boss Martin Jol refuses to shelve his plans to land West Brom defender Curtis Davies.

The Daily Express says Jol will bid for the young centre-half should the Baggies fail to clinch promotion this week.

Offline ct5845

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2007, 10:27:57 AM »
Apparently Charlton have put a 15m price tag on Bent, I say runnn awaaaayy. We don't want anything to do with him for that price!

Tottenham are lining up a move for Wigan Athletic left-back Leighton Baines.
The Daily Mail says Spurs will move for Baines should they fail to win the race for Southampton starlet Gareth Bale.

Portsmouth left-back Matt Taylor is also interesting Tottenham boss Martin Jol.

Berba's girl

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »
According to today's Sunday Mirror, top of the wanted list is MG Pedersen and Spurs are willing to offer £10m which Blackburn may find hard to refuse. The club are also chasing Baines in the £7m bracket, Reo-Coker & Bent. Bent's price is currently set at £15m but it is thought Charlton will take less (I should think so - he's not worth that much)!! Liverpool are also interested.

JD, Mido & Ghaly are set to leave. The article says Spurs may be tempted to cash in on JD now rather than risk him walking away for nothing.

Not much 'new' news there then.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
When you look at how much bent is being touted for these days it makes you realise what a :censored: great bargain we got with berbatov:carlton:

Craig Gordan
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »
wtf the sun reakons were looking in to him at £8m....am i alone in thinking this is total bollox?

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »
I have heard that we are closing in on Athletico Madrid winger Martin Petrov.

Source Tribalfootball.com

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »
Good page for latest Spurs news, anything Spurs it has it on it.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/news/0,16370,1784,00.html

Add it to your favourites.

Offline -AL-

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2007, 06:02:34 PM »
I'm not quite sure, but I think somebody mentioned Van der Vaart somewhere.
News are (on several german pages): He won't go to to Bayern Munich, because he ist still pissed off. Earlier his manager talked with BM, and they said, that Van der Vaart is not good enough for Munich. Now, they were chasing him, and he said, that he will never go there because of this story.(" They didn't want me before, now I don't want them!")
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »
Tottenham are chasing Newcastle striker Michael Owen

Source Daily Express

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2007, 08:55:22 AM »
Hah, after Owen/Shearer , are we goign to really see Owen/Berbatov partnership ? :Lighten:
Owen is cheap atm with price at some 11 mln quids, but his wage is TOO high. So, I will say it's highly unlikely ...

What about Reo-Cocker coming to WHL? Rumour has it he is already bound to join us ... (source: other THFC forums)
----------------