SpursNetwork

Arrivals/Rumours thread

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »
We need a Left Winger and my choice would be Martin Petrov berbas international team-mate.

Offline -AL-

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2007, 08:48:24 PM »
are there transfer-talks with yildiray bastürk (midfielder at hertha bsc)???
heard a rumour 2day...but im not sure, if it is somehow serious.
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

£20m Spurs summer raid?
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2007, 02:09:44 PM »
THE DAILY MIRROR are reporting that Tottenham Hotspur are preparing a £20million spending spree this summer.

Martin Jol is keen to strengthen his Spurs squad to close the gap on the top four in the Premiership and hopefully for his quest on UEFA Cup glory next season.

Auxerre defender Younes Kaboul is said to be joining the club at the end of the campaign for £7.5million while he is hopeful of landing fellow defender Gareth Bale for £9million despite interest from Manchester United.

Other rumoured targets are said to be West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker, Charlton's Darren Bent, Hertha Berlin's Kevin Boateng and Toulouse striker Johan Elmander.

It looks like it will be another interesting summer transfer window for Spurs fans.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »
No left wingers amongst that lot. Bale would be good but I think he will go to Utd. I dont think we really need Reo-Coker. Anyone know anything about the foriegn lads? Cant say I've heard of any of them.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2007, 02:42:58 PM »
We don't need any midfielders and I don't think there are any left wingers mentioned in this one. The foreign player kaboul is a French U21 player, That's all I know.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2007, 02:52:06 PM »
Left back and Left midfield are the players we need

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
If we did buy a left back it would have to be Baines and that should cost us £4-6 mil and for the Left midfield Pedersen which will cost us £7-8 mil. Bale tho will say no to us and go to manure.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:17:37 PM by Dj Frisky »

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2007, 03:16:16 PM »
Is it just me or this money is too few ? Following the transfer rumours, it seems we have already slashed ~30 mln on transfers ...
----------------

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2007, 11:00:32 PM »
i'm sure we will only make about 3 big signings this summer, no more.  As for left midfield, i have a sneaking suspicion that BMJ has been deliberately keeping a place for a left sided player so that he can throw ziegler in there next season to set the prem alight.  I wouldn't mind reo-coker out of that list but only if he was in understanding that he'd be a backup player.  imo he's no better than huddlestone not to mention that he's about 4 years older.

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2007, 02:23:20 AM »
9 mill for bale, ive seen him play v stoke city this season, if there is potential there i cant see it, well not for 9 million anyway!

downing is a must sign player, with our team around him he'll be great, lets not make to many new signings though, as i think it could disrupt the team understanding on the pitch

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2007, 04:24:47 AM »
On the whole summer signings issue. We are all agreed that we need a left sided player. I think there will be some departures [Ghaly, Mido, Murphy] which is inevitable and should not upset things too much.
 The two players that I think could be tempted away are Defoe and Chimbonda. In both cases I think this would be a shame. Defore because he is just not getting the game time he would and and he is just not connecting with Berbs. Chim because Chelsea want him and he is a bit nomadic so I am not sure of his loyalty to the team.
I hope i am wrong on both counts. As for the rest ...they ain't going nowhere.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2007, 06:15:37 AM »
You never know, Dannyn99, you could well be right. ;)

But if not, I'm kinda wondering if Julian de Guzman would be available. I know Jol was interested in him two off-seasons ago (when he ended up signing Stalteri and Davids) but got beaten to the punch by Depor, who may now be willing to negotiate for him considering that most of the rest of that team have been crap and Juli might want out. Otherwise, I'm with patt that we should sign Downing.

(Speaking of Stalteri, there've been a lot of Canadians on the move lately and he might be one of the next, especially with Toronto FC making its MLS debut this season and Brampton - his home city - being considered part of Greater Toronto. We Canadians are a sentimental bunch :p)

I'm not sure who we should go after for a left back. In a perfect world, I'd say Kaladze, but getting him out of Milan would be like drawing blood from a stone.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »
Kaladze I don't think we will get him. As for the Lw issue I think we should go for pedersen who is the best one out of all the left sided players. Reo-Coker has already been mentioned not sure if we should sign him.

I have already said about the left back that should be baines.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:55:52 PM by Dj Frisky »

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
how come no one has mentioned JOHN ARNE RIISE he can play l/b and l/m and would only cost about 5/6 million...i think if liverpool come in for any of our players we should try and haggle a swap with riise...imo he's the best and most consistant left b/m in the prem!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
not sure on that

i think we can get better proven players for that amount of money