SpursNetwork

Florintina 1 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Florintina 1 Spurs 1
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:52:41 PM »
A very mundane game, but we scraped a drew. Enough to take back to White Hart Lane in a weeks time. Chadli got a penalty and Bernardeschi equalised. All eyes now will be on the return game at White Hart Lane.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
Re: Florintina 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 08:45:56 AM »
European away games can be very difficult and the result unpredictable. At least we got a draw and an away goal. :up:

Alli was lucky he wasn't sent off. He has to be careful. He is a very important part of our team.  :hide:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 07:37:27 PM »
Not a good result at all. We should have defended better and it would have made it a lot harder from the at the Lane. I hope the next match we have a stronger first team out there.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:41:01 PM »
Frankly, I was hoping that Poch would field a B side, but it seems that he still takes this cup seriously as well as the League and probably the FA cup as well. So we are in for a possible treble and if not careful could end up with nothing.

In my opinion, we should concentrate on just the FA cup and the League.  Europa was OK when we were mid-table and it may come back and bite us in the bum if we go further . Just saying. Having said that, we di not really bust a gut and 1-1 draw is a fair result to take back home.

We have Palace on Sunday, the return match next Thursday and then still too many hard games before the end of the season. If we mange to win 2 out of 3, it will be a miracle!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:39:09 PM by spursjoolz »

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 06:37:52 PM »
We need to take the Europa league very seriously as an insurance for the champions league!, personally I would like us to to for the lot like Poch has been saying, I know it means lots of games but the more we play the more game time the whole squad is getting and our performances have shown it this season. The second half after the deflection seemed to change the game, it was a similar thing against MC, we seem to go through a patch of sitting back and inviting pressure! I know its near impossible to close down for 90 mins but we just need to be more clinical with our passing, we played so lazy, unforced passes against Florintina and City in dangerous areas of our half, up until those games we had been very precise so a little more composure is needed,  In fairness to the team we are in uncharted territory this late in the season and with such a young team it is alot to expect of them! saying that they have been tremendous and Im really excited as to what we might achieve, very happy with the away goal and think we will finish the job next week. :) 
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 10:43:49 PM »
We need to take the Europa league very seriously as an insurance for the champions league!, personally I would like us to to for the lot like Poch has been saying, I know it means lots of games but the more we play the more game time the whole squad is getting and our performances have shown it this season. The second half after the deflection seemed to change the game, it was a similar thing against MC, we seem to go through a patch of sitting back and inviting pressure! I know its near impossible to close down for 90 mins but we just need to be more clinical with our passing, we played so lazy, unforced passes against Florintina and City in dangerous areas of our half, up until those games we had been very precise so a little more composure is needed,  In fairness to the team we are in uncharted territory this late in the season and with such a young team it is alot to expect of them! saying that they have been tremendous and Im really excited as to what we might achieve, very happy with the away goal and think we will finish the job next week. :) 

Whilst confidence is high in what we can achieve this season, it would be wise to learn how to walk before we can run!

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
I think we are walking quite well and how to bounce back. A draw and defeat gave us a good victory over Florintina. Now we concentrate on the league.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 03:10:57 PM »
We are trotting along quite nicely in fact!

:dance: