SpursNetwork

Sigurdsson and Vorm to switch

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Sigurdsson and Vorm to switch
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »
So, it seems that the Dutch international keeper Michel Vorm is to join us from Swansea with Gylfi Sigurdsson moving in the opposite direction. While I agree we need another keeper and Vorm is a good choice (can he play the second fiddle to Lloris is somewhat doubtful), I would be sad to see Sigurdsson go. He has scored some vital goals for us and is more versatile than most of our midfielders.

What are your views?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:54:58 AM by RiffHard »

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: Sigurdsson and Vorm to switch
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »
So, it seems that the Dutch international keeper Michel Vorm is to join us from Swansea with Gylfi Sigurdsson moving in the opposite direction. While I agree we need another keeper and Vorm is a good choice (can he play the second fiddle to Lloris is somewhat doubtful), I would be sad to see Sigurdsson go. He has scored some vital goals for us and is more versatile than most of our midfielders.

What are your views?

Sorry to disagree Riff. Vorm must realise the position regards Lloris. I seem to remember Cudiccini was quite happy at Chelsea. As for Siggy, if he was good enough for us to push on into the top 4, don't you think that someone a little better than Swansea / Crystal Palace would be after him ?
For me Siggy is one of a number of players who just cannot do it consistently at top 4 level, which after all is what we are talking about.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
I think it's a good time for Siggy to leave, didn't get many starts last season. A good player to bring on as a sub,usually chips in with a goal or two.

Vorm - A good keeper, great back up for Lloris.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »

What are your views?
For me Siggy is one of a number of players who just cannot do it consistently at top 4 level, which after all is what we are talking about.
In that case we should probably offload all our players bar Lloris.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »

What are your views?
In that case we should probably offload all our players bar Lloris.

lol you may well be right !!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »

What are your views?

There have been many question marks surrounding the transfer of Michael Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham.

After all, Vorm has impressed in the Premier League as first choice Swansea goalkeeper and looks set to play second fiddle to Hugo Lloris at White Hart Lane.

Vorm has confirmed the move in an interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Wednesday morning and also explained the reasoning behind the transfer.

The Dutch custodian said: “Every top club now has two top keepers under contract, it fits in with the policy of a great club to have a wide selection of competition for all positions.”

I think maybe this answers your question Riff ?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:56:51 AM »

What are your views?

There have been many question marks surrounding the transfer of Michael Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham.

After all, Vorm has impressed in the Premier League as first choice Swansea goalkeeper and looks set to play second fiddle to Hugo Lloris at White Hart Lane.

Vorm has confirmed the move in an interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Wednesday morning and also explained the reasoning behind the transfer.

The Dutch custodian said: “Every top club now has two top keepers under contract, it fits in with the policy of a great club to have a wide selection of competition for all positions.”

Good for him, I guess. After all we'll be in Europa League again this season, so he'd get plenty of games.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 04:11:43 PM »

What are your views?

I think Vorm will get plenty of football if we progress in all competitions. We need a good quality second. I am optimistic.

Good for him, I guess. After all we'll be in Europa League again this season, so he'd get plenty of games.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
What's happening to Brad Friedel  then ? I heard he was signed on for another year, he can still do a good job although admittedly he is getting on a bit. It would seem his chances will be very limited now.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »
What's happening to Brad Friedel  then ? I heard he was signed on for another year, he can still do a good job although admittedly he is getting on a bit. It would seem his chances will be very limited now.
I can see Friedel taking more part in coaching. He may be a great player, but everybody (including himself) knows that his career is now coming to its end. I would be happy to see him taking his first steps in coaching and playing a few games in cups with a view to staying with THFC with many years to come as a coach.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 07:05:17 PM »

He will be third choice goalkeeper. And he is still a good goalkeeper under his own right. So we are well covered there.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »

Could get a goalkeeper coach role soon maybe,I read that Tony park's is coaching with another club now.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
20:06   
As expected, Gylfi Sigurdsson has sealed his return to Swansea from Tottenham, while Ben Davies and Michel Vorm have headed in the opposite direction.

Swansea City FC
@SwansOfficial
Swansea City are delighted to announce the signing of Gylfi Sigurdsson from @SpursOfficial #WelcomeBackGylfi http://t.co/ZIh7uakaM0

Swansea City FC
@SwansOfficial
The club can also confirm that @Ben_Davies33 and @Vorm_Official have completed moves to @SpursOfficial for undisclosed fees. #swans
Jul. 23, 2014

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 08:35:23 PM »
Good luck to Sigurdsson and welcome to White Hart Lane Davies and Worm!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
Whilst Siggy has contributed well and come up with some valuable goals we have better for starting the places so I wish him all the best.

Davies interesting to see what will now happen with BAE and Rose.  Vorm coming in to play no2, very surprised I guess our new manager is good at convincing players their future lie with us.

Both are welcome and I wish them great success with us!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!