SpursNetwork

2 years wasted!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: 2 years wasted!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 08:03:23 AM »
Also I thought Paul Mersons observations yesterday rang true. When asked if he thought Spurs were good enough to finish top 4, he said " Nowhere near good enough, simple as that. And Sherwood is not to blame. The hierarchy of the club, who spent 100 million on 7 players, none of whom are good enough, and not one of whom has been a success, are to blame"

He is perfectly correct.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »
I would have to say that Huddlestone was no great loss for the team. On his day he showed some class, but too static. I would also have put Huddlestone > Capoue and then it would be a close yes/no. If you put Parker > Paulinho I think they are closer in style and on their impact on a game, but I would still call that a no. The lose of an equivalent Parker, for me is one of the key problems with our midfield.

Also agree with metal that Dembele is no replacement for Modric. So that also needs to happen to sort out the midfield balance. The rest of the list I agree with.

(oh and give me Harry's mythical lack of loyalty over this mess any day of the week)

If Arry was loyal we wouldn't have slipped those 10 points whilst he was waiting for the news to break that he was next England boss and couldn't give a toss about us, if he was loyal he would have accepted Levys improved contract offer to fend off England but no and we know the outcome!  I would have great respect if he came out and said something to commit to us instead no the Arthur Daily of football was looking for his next profile raising story, done well since hasnt he!

In the last 2 years we have gone backwards, not so much wasted time but time badly managed by the powers that be at the club.

IMO Metal you are spot on, with all these points

I dont think it was that which caused us to drop those points it was just so typical of a Spurs side for the the last 20 years! we star well, get to about Jab/Feb and then seem to have our slump in the run in to the end of the season!!!, whether thats down to fitness, complacency, arrogance or bad luck I dont know but this is how its always been?, plus our record against the big 4 has been horendous much weaker teams can get good results from them!, this has been a major problem for years!, if we could get about half the amount of points from these games this would be the extra push needed to finish in the top 4 regular!, alas though we seem to falter nearly everytime when these games come about!, to many big names dont produce or self control is lacking, they let the fear factor get the better of them and we roll over and get tanked!, Harry had stopped this in his rein, we where picking up alot of points from them and at the very least making then work hard to beat us. Not now we are becoming the whipping boys of the premier league now!, home or away.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 04:44:09 PM »
The problem is that we sold good players and then expected 8 players to be embedded in straight away. An impossible task for whomever was in charge.

Let us hope that who ever it next season's manager is given time.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 08:32:35 PM »
Every year is the same. It sounds like Del Boy: "Next year we'll be millionaires"!!

:tickedoff:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
Every year is the same. It sounds like Del Boy: "Next year we'll be millionaires"!!

I can't see it changing until we get a new stadium.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 12:16:45 AM »

As long as we dont do a Sunderland! build a new stadium and then get relegated :o .
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
We have to have a team fit for the new stadium, which at the moment we don't. In all my years supporting Spurs I have never been so optimistic at the start of the season, only to have the whole thing come crashing down around me. The new players all sounded great we had a progressive thinking manager, all the pundits were saying we would be in contention for the title. Things looked great, and to be fair we started well if not spectacularly. Our defence was rock solid for the most part. Then we played Man City and Liverpool and we realised it was The Emperors new clothes we had been seeing yet again. The new players weren't all they were cracked up to be. The Manager was clueless, we were back to the bad old days. A new Manager came in. Most of us were a bit dubious but we gave him a chance and things were ok for a while. We beat Man Utd but then so did everybody else, so that said more about them than us. The wheels started to wobble and against Chelsea and Benfica they fell off. Now I cant wait to get this blighted season over with. I shall watch the remaining games from behind the sofa fearful every time our defence is playing higher up the field than some teams centre forwards. Knowing that any hoof from an opposing defender has the potential to be a defence splitting pass, as we don't have the pace to play that high up the pitch. Watching in dismay as our central midfielders fall over each other as both of them want to be standing on the same yard of turf or even worse seem incapable of passing to a man in a white shirt. And howling in anguish as our strikers squander chance after chance. ( There is a guy in about row K of the Paxton Road stand who most games gets more touches than Soldado ) After every game I will listen to Tim Sherwood either say we are playing well so he is surprised we lost or slagging off the team that lets face it he selected. Next season I will take a more jaundiced approach taking the view that pessimist's are seldom disappointed maybe for Spurs fans that is the way forward. Time will tell.         

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »
We have to have a team fit for the new stadium, which at the moment we don't. In all my years supporting Spurs I have never been so optimistic at the start of the season, only to have the whole thing come crashing down around me. The new players all sounded great we had a progressive thinking manager, all the pundits were saying we would be in contention for the title. Things looked great, and to be fair we started well if not spectacularly. Our defence was rock solid for the most part. Then we played Man City and Liverpool and we realised it was The Emperors new clothes we had been seeing yet again. The new players weren't all they were cracked up to be. The Manager was clueless, we were back to the bad old days. A new Manager came in. Most of us were a bit dubious but we gave him a chance and things were ok for a while. We beat Man Utd but then so did everybody else, so that said more about them than us. The wheels started to wobble and against Chelsea and Benfica they fell off. Now I cant wait to get this blighted season over with. I shall watch the remaining games from behind the sofa fearful every time our defence is playing higher up the field than some teams centre forwards. Knowing that any hoof from an opposing defender has the potential to be a defence splitting pass, as we don't have the pace to play that high up the pitch. Watching in dismay as our central midfielders fall over each other as both of them want to be standing on the same yard of turf or even worse seem incapable of passing to a man in a white shirt. And howling in anguish as our strikers squander chance after chance. ( There is a guy in about row K of the Paxton Road stand who most games gets more touches than Soldado ) After every game I will listen to Tim Sherwood either say we are playing well so he is surprised we lost or slagging off the team that lets face it he selected. Next season I will take a more jaundiced approach taking the view that pessimist's are seldom disappointed maybe for Spurs fans that is the way forward. Time will tell.         

Brillint bro! someone on the same wave length as me!, spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »

Brillint bro! someone on the same wave length as me!, spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :up:

I could not agree more Taime

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »

The answer to all our problems, nothing to do with the hierarchy, its the Stadium that's the problem, get a new stadium and we will win the league.
               ARE YOU SERIOUS

:o :o :o :o :o
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:38 PM »

The answer to all our problems, nothing to do with the hierarchy, its the Stadium that's the problem, get a new stadium and we will win the league.
               ARE YOU SERIOUS

Well Ars*nal's problems seemed to start with their new stadium !!!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Actually what I said was tongue in cheek. However, the reason I made the comment was because I read an article by a Tottenham official that said once we can get a new stadium up and running we then can compete – financially – with the likes of United, Chelsea, City etc. In fact I wrote an article myself on the subject matter awhile back. I’ve also read this on a number of other occasions. That seems to be the thinking behind the scenes. And it seems to be supported by a number of journalists. What I can tell you is that we are not competing with the likes of those that I had mentioned at the moment. In fact we seem to be going backwards. Whether that is the fault of Levy, AVB, Sherwood or whoever, something needs to happen.
If that is the case then all I can say is “can we have some of those problems as well?” They’ve been constantly in the top 4 spot before and after the new stadium. They won or competed in all competitions. So; even though I started off by saying something that was tongue in cheek; you’ve shown us that maybe it shouldn’t have be tongue cheek.
They bought one player wisely this season (for £40 odd million). We spent £1001 million; which one of us was the wisest? Which one of us two will be playing European Championship football next season? Which one of us two could win the FA cup this season?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 03:05:42 PM »

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Actually what I said was tongue in cheek. However, the reason I made the comment was because I read an article by a Tottenham official that said once we can get a new stadium up and running we then can compete – financially – with the likes of United, Chelsea, City etc. In fact I wrote an article myself on the subject matter awhile back. I’ve also read this on a number of other occasions. That seems to be the thinking behind the scenes. And it seems to be supported by a number of journalists. What I can tell you is that we are not competing with the likes of those that I had mentioned at the moment. In fact we seem to be going backwards. Whether that is the fault of Levy, AVB, Sherwood or whoever, something needs to happen.
If that is the case then all I can say is “can we have some of those problems as well?” They’ve been constantly in the top 4 spot before and after the new stadium. They won or competed in all competitions. So; even though I started off by saying something that was tongue in cheek; you’ve shown us that maybe it shouldn’t have be tongue cheek.
They bought one player wisely this season (for £40 odd million). We spent £1001 million; which one of us was the wisest? Which one of us two will be playing European Championship football next season? Which one of us two could win the FA cup this season?

It seems were all nit picking now. Either way as the original post implied, we have definitely wasted 2 years, and if we wait for the stadium to be built we will probably waste another 10

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »

ARE YOU SERIOUS

It seems were all nit picking now. Either way as the original post implied, we have definitely wasted 2 years, and if we wait for the stadium to be built we will probably waste another 10

I agree that we’ve wasted a lot of time and something needs to be done about it.
As for the stadium; whether it helps us now or in the future it will be built. So far a lot of money has been invested in the Tottenham area and part of that investment includes a 55,000 seated stadium. What is for sure is that we need the big investment that a larger capacity stadium can bring ups otherwise we will always be just floating under the top 4.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 06:42:45 PM »

Great reply, nothing to add to this, do me a favour, type or write it and send to the Levy and ask he reads it, if needed someelse reads it and explains it to him! also send special delivery signed every bloody real spurs supporter!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!