SpursNetwork

The reason we need to finish 7TH

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
The reason we need to finish 7TH
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Liverpool finished 7th last season and without the extra games in Europe this year are challenging (and hopefully will win) for the Premier League title and will definately be in the Champions League next year.
I believe that with the correct manager appointed in the summer and a couple of real quality signings that Spurs could genuinely challenge for the top 4 and maybe even the title next season - as long as we don't have Europa League football.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: The reason we need to finish 7TH
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 07:51:50 PM »
Yes some of what you say is correct but there is a major difference to Liverpool and us!, the kept there best payers and added just a few to key areas! so the now have the complete package!, we on the other hand sold our best and nucleus of the team, we do not have a good foundation in place, our current crop are disorganised and out of control,no leader and no diserpline!, even if we dont qualify for europe we still have a massive task ahead of us just getting back to where we where and should be.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:51:52 AM »
There are massive pro's and cons for not being in any European comps, pros being as already stated above. 

As season out of Europe with the right manager could do us the world of good, it helped massively with HR but he inherited a squad that was already strong but broken under Ramos and quickly got them performing again, whoever leads us next season has a massive job on their hands.

An obvious downside not being in Europe is when it comes to keeping the players we need to retain and attracting the quality we need to develop again, considering we are not paying mega wages what player would want to come to a club that is in visible decline? If you compare this season to recent seasons past not to mention more hidings from leading teams in a single season which must be some sort of a record playing for Spurs is not really an attraction right now.  The answer is unfortunately only those who no one else wants, those in the twilight of their career looking for a few quid or those looking for a stepping stone which we have been used for all too many times in the past.

With Liverpool re-emerging, the super rich clubs such as Chelsea and Man City, the clubs who have prestige and reputation for achieving such as Man Utd and Ars*nal, then Everton a consistent top side now progressing nicely where does it leave us, heading up the chasing pack at best I fear this season has put us back 10 years plus and it may be some time before we see any European football again.

Its never dull being a Spurs supporter but it is so bloody frustrating!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »
Liverpool finished 7th last season and without the extra games in Europe this year are challenging (and hopefully will win) for the Premier League title and will definately be in the Champions League next year.
I believe that with the correct manager appointed in the summer and a couple of real quality signings that Spurs could genuinely challenge for the top 4 and maybe even the title next season - as long as we don't have Europa League football.

That will also depend on whether Levy will give the new manager a chance.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »

Well I agree we would be better off not in Europa league, and judging by Man Utd's recent results, we may just get our wish !!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »

As I said somewhere else we could still finish 4th. We've got a better run in that United, Everton or Ars*nal.

Well I agree we would be better off not in Europa league, and judging by Man Utd's recent results, we may just get our wish !!
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:32 AM »
Finishing 7th may not be enough to keep us out of the Europa. If Ars*nal win the FA cup then the top 4 will go into Champions league and next 3 into Europa. The only reason Liverpool missed out last year was because teams outside top 4 ( Swansea and Wigan ) won the cups. City Having won The Capital Cup open up 6th place and should Ars*nal win FA then 7th will also go into Europa qualifying round which starts in July, so that will be nice. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:27:10 AM by taimedowne »

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
Finishing 7th may not be enough to keep us out of the Europa. If Ars*nal win the FA cup then the top 4 will go into Champions league and next 3 into Europa. The only reason Liverpool missed out last year was because teams outside top 4 ( Swansea and Wigan ) won the cups. City Having won The Capital Cup open up 6th place and should Ars*nal win FA then 7th will also go into Europa qualifying round which starts in July, so that will be nice.

I agree with some of what you are saying but without any sort of European football can we keep the big names?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 08:12:35 AM »

I agree with some of what you are saying but without any sort of European football can we keep the big names?

Big names, Lloris he is likely to go, Eriksen seems to be a Spurs man they are the only 2 "big names"
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »

Big names, Lloris he is likely to go, Eriksen seems to be a Spurs man they are the only 2 "big names"

Eriksen I think will stay, another season at least. For me, Lloris is a great keeper, yes, albeit flawed in his judgement quite often. If he wants to go, then I would stick out for 20 million, and find another keeper. That for me is not our main problem. The back 4 is. Maybe Lloris wouldn't be so hasty in his sorties out of the 6 yard box if the back 4 weren't such crap.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »

Eriksen I think will stay, another season at least. For me, Lloris is a great keeper, yes, albeit flawed in his judgement quite often. If he wants to go, then I would stick out for 20 million, and find another keeper. That for me is not our main problem. The back 4 is. Maybe Lloris wouldn't be so hasty in his sorties out of the 6 yard box if the back 4 weren't such crap.

I read in the paper that the players will have to earn their position. If some of them want to go then I am sure they are not worried about their position.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do