SpursNetwork

Hazard vs Swansea's ballboy

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Hazard vs Swansea's ballboy
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:34:48 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR3F88MXWJI
I agree that Hazard maybe got too agitated, but he was clearly poke the ball from ballboy's grasp. I also read that the ballboy is a son of one of the directors of Swansea City and had boasted in Twitter how he was going to waste time etc. I think the boy got what he deserved, although I admit, Hazard should have known better. What do you think?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
Re: Hazard vs Swansea's ballboy
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »
Having watched the video many times this morning, Hazard was only trying to toe poke the ball out of the idiots grasp.

Ball boy made a meal of it and Hazard gave him the ammo to do just that. IMO the FA should take action against Swansea and their Ball boy if they are going to take action against Hazard.  The red card was harsh also.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »
Ballboy at 17? Probably the oldest ballboy in the world?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
I reckon Chelsea should appeal the red card
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
I can't believe he was bragging about time wasting on twitter. You'd think they'd be all over him for that.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
The sad news is that this boy has already learnt out to cheat and fake injury at the age of 17. Obviously his proud father and proud director of the club has really brought him up the right way. Plonker!

Quite rightly, Hazard card should be removed and Swansea made to apologise at least!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:01:12 PM »
I watched it many times and it was obvious that he went for the ball (he should have waited) but at the same time the boy must accept some of the blame. The player got a red card and that should be the end of it. However, seeing as the boy Tweeted that he was going to time waste the authorities should look into what clubs say to their ball boys and girls about giving the ball back immediately. Pat Nevin said on the news this morning that home clubs often instruct their ball kids to waste time. I do have sympathy for the player.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
Both Hazard and the ball boy are in the wrong, the ball boy for obviously obstructing Hazard from quickly restarting the game and Hazard for losing his temper and having a kick no matter how small it was !!!! Good acting from the kid though definitely a career in the premiership beckons as for Hazard I expect they will throw the book at him, which is probably a little harsh but only to be expected !!

Storm in a tea cup !!!!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
Both Hazard and the ball boy are in the wrong, the ball boy for obviously obstructing Hazard from quickly restarting the game and Hazard for losing his temper and having a kick no matter how small it was !!!! Good acting from the kid though definitely a career in the premiership beckons as for Hazard I expect they will throw the book at him, which is probably a little harsh but only to be expected !!

Storm in a tea cup !!!!!

:nope:

I did say on another forum that the ball boy should be given an Oscar for his acting abilities.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.