SpursNetwork

Redknapp at QPR

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Redknapp at QPR
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
I think you should all wake up to yourselves, what you should all realise is that Harry obviously had a very good relationship with most of the players, they obviously liked and trusted him and enjoyed playing for him, now if any of them choose to leave and sign for QPR it will be for that reason, or because they do not have the same working relationship with AVB. You also have to remember that there are quite a few of the players that Harry signed while he was at Spurs, plus a couple that he also signed when he was at Portsmouth. As for QPR being a bottomless pit, I seem to remember people saying the same about us when he took over. Ring any Bells.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Most of the players at Spurs are looking for success, had a little taste and know we are not far off, many who re-joined from Portsmouth wasn't due to the relationship with Harry but the chance to have another go playing at a bigger, better club, regardless of the FA cup win Portsmouth had as the business was in the shyte.

Really can you imagine Bale, Kaboul, BAE, Lennon, Dawson, Walker or even Defoe going "Harry I got on better with you than I do AVB, yeah i'll come to QPR and help you see if you can beat the drop", or are they more likely to say "good luck but I think I will stay here and fight for a top 4 finish, see if we can get more of the same results as when we beat Manure at Old Trafford this season, as it was great to be part of the team that finally did that"!

Any players that leave will be fringe players no one key to our current or future plan, and I hope that includes Dawson not being pushed!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »
Have you noticed now Arry is back in management he still cant keep his f**king gob shut!!!!

Always flapping in the media about what a tough job it will be!!! that way he looks amazing if he keeps QPR up and has an excuse if he doesnt!

wanka

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 08:34:19 AM »
Metal,
   At least Harry talks to the media, yes it will take a lot to keep QPR in the PL, ain't that a fact, he uses them to his advantage and that isn't flapping it's called being clever, it helps to keep the pressure off, Ferguson does it, so does Wenger. AVB doesn't and never has, I don't think he has the nous to, I wish he would learn how to do it, cos it might just take some of the pressure off of him instead of adding to it.

:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 08:39:46 AM »
Metal you are being naive if you think that those players joined Spurs solely for the reasons you stated, remember where we were when they joined, sure they wanted to be at a bigger club but I wouldn't mind betting one of the reasons was Harry. Like it or not.
    How many of the players that you named did he sign, I think 3(Walker,Kaboul and Defoe who has played for him at 3 different clubs has he not)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:44:18 AM by Paul Finch »

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
I was sick to the arse of Arry always in the media flapping his gums keeping his personal profile up, it has nothing at all to do with taking the attention of the players, if anything Arry would add pressure by talking up what we will do, now a manager that is very good at that is Mourinho and SAF.

I cant see any of our key or regular players leaving to join Arry at QPR, regardless if they played for him before, swap top 4 for bottom 4 great career move that would be!  I think you need to stop being so Naive thinking that players do more than think with their wallet and mind set for glory in their careers!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 05:59:39 PM »
Dawson has already stated he will snub them again if they come in for him as he wishes to stay at THFC, good lad!
As I said previously; why would any serious football player want to take a step into a bottomless pit?
Player wanting to stay is one thing and player forced out is another. BTW, I spotted that Jordan and Bond have also joined Redknapp at QPR.

I saw that, but nothing surprising there.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
Metal,
 I bet when Harry was at Spurs it wasn't a problem, now he is not, it is.Quite frankly,it doesn't bother me because I don't waste my time reading the crap that is generally written in the English press.The only reports that I read are from Media-watch on the Spurs Web-Site, which sometimes is quite informative, but not always.
But nonetheless it is worth looking at. Maybe have a look.

:up: :up:

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
Paul F, I do look at media watch on THFC website but i also browse the daily rags.

And Arry flapping his gums has always been an issue for me, have stated it many times on here when he was with us, I was sick to the arse of him in the media and often talking up our chances and loading on pressure.

Bloke is a prize prick plain and simple, sick to the arse of him and how he treated THFC when he thought the england job was his.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
Metal,
   I really think that it is time we all moved on, personally I am thankful to Harry for what he did for the Club, an opinion that obviously is not shared by everyone who contributes to this forum, cast your mind back 4 years we were a basket case, languishing at the bottom of the PL, at the end of the same season we finished 8th, largely due to his contribution, and we were playing an attractive, attacking style of football, and we became a force in the PL. What happened last year is history, albeit we did finish 4th, yes I know we should have finished 3rd.You all are very quick to tell me that I and everyone else who is not sold on AVB that we should give him a chance, but all I see are posts knocking Harry Redknapp when perhaps you should be thanking him for his contribution. Yes he did make mistakes, but don't we all, it doesn't mean that he should be constantly denigrated for it, he left Spurs in a far stronger and healthier position playing wise, than it was in when he joined us. Just be thankful for that.
  Please think about it.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »
Isnt that the whole point, moving on which some supporters still can not do, we now have AVB he is our manager not the wheeler dealer media magnet. 

I never wanted Arry at WHL due to his track record and the type of bloke he is and I didnt think he could move the team on, i was proved pleasantly wrong when we did well and climbed the league, if left with Ramos we would have been in the Championship.

Given time i still believe AVB will be good for us, whether he will get that time all depends on this season and what we achieve.

Right now the last thing we should be concerned with is Arry "tax dodge" Redknapp and if he will try and get some of our players as ones who are key wont go, no way in hell!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 03:55:32 PM »
I think most of us would agree that Arry did well for us for 3 years and bit, but cocked it all up from Jan up to the end of last season. That's where the cristicism is, just for that vitaly important period. Had he not fallen for the potential England job, I beileive we would have got 3rd place.

Unfortunately, we will lock horns with him in mid-Jan and I hope he will still be struggling to make a team out of his players.

But, yes, let's move on and give our full support to AVB. Far more important!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »
Metal,
   I really think that it is time we all moved on, personally I am thankful to Harry for what he did for the Club, an opinion that obviously is not shared by everyone who contributes to this forum, cast your mind back 4 years we were a basket case, languishing at the bottom of the PL, at the end of the same season we finished 8th, largely due to his contribution, and we were playing an attractive, attacking style of football, and we became a force in the PL. What happened last year is history, albeit we did finish 4th, yes I know we should have finished 3rd.You all are very quick to tell me that I and everyone else who is not sold on AVB that we should give him a chance, but all I see are posts knocking Harry Redknapp when perhaps you should be thanking him for his contribution. Yes he did make mistakes, but don't we all, it doesn't mean that he should be constantly denigrated for it, he left Spurs in a far stronger and healthier position playing wise, than it was in when he joined us. Just be thankful for that.
  Please think about it.

I think everybody was grateful for what he did. Beyond that he couldn't have taken us further. It was time to move on. If QPR has any ambitions then he won't stay long there either.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »
Metal,
        Your feelings regarding not ever wanting Harry at WHL, mirror mine regarding AVB, I have never liked him, and to be quite honest I very much doubt if I ever will, I was very much against his appointment, even before he was appointed. That said we shall see what he is capable of in due course won't we.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
Paul F,

Its is down to AVB to win the supporters over and prove those wrong who have concerns.  I had stated in the past when Arrys replacements was being discussed and AVB was mentioned, at that point I was flat out against it, when he was in official talks, I thought oh FFS please no, then I looked at it objectively, who else was available and realistic to come in and take the job on, so after some thought I opted to give AVB and the team my full support and be positive.  I would rather AVB than the spanish waiter!

AVB has something to prove after Chelsea and has lost his weekly pay from them taking the hot seat at THFC, the media want to see him fail, certain spurs supporters hope he fails and get the boot which means as a club we would have failed so that desire really does escape me.  I hope he succeeds starting with getting a CL slot this season anything else is failure.  I then hope to see him grow with experience and improve with us, as currently just his experience of life in years and dealing with people he is behind many in similar positions I wish him sucess.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »
Metal,
        Fair point, at the end of the day what we ALL want is to see is success for THFC, and if AVB brings that then, obviously I and many others with similar thoughts to me will be Extremely Happy and we will have to eat our words, but I just worry that I will be proved right, up till now whilst I have seen some improvement, there are still some worrying signs in some of his selections and his tactics, I have always been taught that the best form of defence is attack, that is something that is in every coaching manual, that has ever been written, but AVB when we are in a winning position, will invariably try to defend it(with his substitutions), and in doing so he maybe,unwittingly increases the pressure on the defence, which has up til now conceded an awful amount of goals, when he has done this(generally late in the game).Would you not agree?
      I don't know whether you realise it or not, but it is a proven point, that somewhere in the region of 50% of goals are scored in the first 5 mins, and the last 5 mins of each half, that is because the defences are at their lowest in concentration, and before anyone tries to ridicule me, I would suggest that they look into it.
       Success is like a drug, when you get it, it will consume you,and you want a lot more.We have had a sample of that taste, albeit playing in the CL, and I for one like it, the more success you get the sweeter the taste becomes,(just ask any Man U/Arse/Chelski supporter) the more you get the more you want, and I want a lot more believe me. Contrary to some peoples opinion I do want to see THFC be successful and a force in the PL and the CL.
       If AVB brings it I will be absolutely f--king ecstatic, but I do have some doubts.

??? ???
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:02:36 PM by Paul Finch »