SpursNetwork

Redknapp at QPR

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Redknapp at QPR
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:04:45 PM »
I've always thought that new manager should be given time and I feel the same about Villas-Boas, but with Redknapp at QPR it feels the same as seeing your ex-girlfriend you loved with somebody new.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
Re: Redknapp at QPR
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »
As long as we win on Jan 14th v QPR, he can have any of my ex girlfriends

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:09:11 AM »
EX is definitely the word to be used here as when he comes knocking on the door
in the January transfer window for Dawson and Defoe he might not be the
fans favorite.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
I've always thought that new manager should be given time and I feel the same about Villas-Boas, but with Redknapp at QPR it feels the same as seeing your ex-girlfriend you loved with somebody new.

Spot on Riff, I'm kind of jealous of QPR now knowing what they are getting but we have supposedly moved on to bigger and better things (PMSL !!!)  Also you can pretty much guarentee he will keep them up and get them playing some decent football too !!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »
The only marginal success HR has had is with THFC, he is no miracle worker often quite the opposite!

He didnt win us any sliverware, infact when we had chances I recall us getting embarrassed in 2 semi finals Portsmouth and Chelsea.

Has everyone forgotten his dismal record at Portsmouth, Wet Spam and Southampton, these clubs records under HR were very depressing for their supporters!

HR got lucky at THFC we had great players and a great team made by Martin Jol, their moral and desire had been crushed by Ramos.  I also think it was clear to see HR had taken us as far as he could and I recall many many of us wanting him out!!!

HR the last footballing mercenary, still dreaming of England!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »

To be honest she would be an ex for a reason; you, or Spurs are better off without her/ him. ;)
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
I am nt paticularly bothered, but I think he will do OK at QPR as long as he keeps his mitts off our players in january

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
To be honest I cant see any of our first choice players or regular subs players wanting to go to QPR, with us chance of top 4, with QPR chance of bottom 4 and relegation.

I suppose if they want to win a title QPR has a good chance.... of winning the Championship next season, but if they go down HR will bail then go and manage the Ukraine.

On another note, Marh Hughes arguably the crappest manager to ever grace the EPL and stick around..somehow, .... when are clubs going to stop employing hughes he screws up everywhere, think he should try thpe Championship!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
I am nt paticularly bothered, but I think he will do OK at QPR as long as he keeps his mitts off our players in january

Any player that Redknapp takes from Spurs is because they don't really have a future with us.  I can't see any wanted played taking a step backwards because they like 'Arry.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
Dawson has already stated he will snub them again if they come in for him as he wishes to stay at THFC, good lad!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
Dawson has already stated he will snub them again if they come in for him as he wishes to stay at THFC, good lad!

As I said previously; why would any serious football player want to take a step into a bottomless pit?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
As I said previously; why would any serious football player want to take a step into a bottomless pit?
Player wanting to stay is one thing and player forced out is another. BTW, I spotted that Jordan and Bond have also joined Redknapp at QPR.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »
Player wanting to stay is one thing and player forced out is another. BTW, I spotted that Jordan and Bond have also joined Redknapp at QPR.

He didnt take Clive Allen along as well then....wonder why ???

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
He didnt take Clive Allen along as well then....wonder why ???
Allen isn't part of his team, he was at Spurs before Redknapp, Bond and Jordan came in.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »
 I think you should all wake up to yourselves, what you should all realise is that Harry obviously had a very good relationship with most of the players, they obviously liked and trusted him and enjoyed playing for him, now if any of them choose to leave and sign for QPR it will be for that reason, or because they do not have the same working relationship with AVB. You also have to remember that there are quite a few of the players that Harry signed while he was at Spurs, plus a couple that he also signed when he was at Portsmouth. As for QPR being a bottomless pit, I seem to remember people saying the same about us when he took over. Ring any Bells.

:nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font