SpursNetwork

1000th topic in this section - Can we keep this thread positive? No doombringers

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
That is true, I like to aim high though I would rather hope we reach top 4 than the bottom 4.

So do I, but it seems some Spurs fans are aiming for the other direction so that they can say they are right. I think one of the problems is being in a country that is upside down ;)
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
You are an ignorant little man with a huge chip on your shoulder, grow up and act your age, or perhaps you are, hence your persistent adolescent comments. Do everyone a favour and keep your childish retorts to yourself or are you trying to be the first newbie to reach a 1000 posts.

:nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
You are an ignorant little man with a huge chip on your shoulder, grow up and act your age, or perhaps you are, hence your persistent adolescent comments. Do everyone a favour and keep your childish retorts to yourself or are you trying to be the first newbie to reach a 1000 posts.

:nods: :nods:

Is that all you can do; insult? You don't go to Spurs matches (an armchair critic), but not only that but you attack your team your profess to love. And you call me names. You should spend your enthusiasm defending your team, not attack true supporters.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
Got sumin else positive, the way things stand Levy will have to invest in January and hopefully consult with AVB as to who is needed to aid his playing system.

If left to Levy we will probably end up with a 5th goal keeper!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Can I join? I used to play as goalkeeper for many years.

Offline Metalanimal

Snap I didnt too, how many years did you play for?

Offline RiffHard

Snap I didnt too, how many years did you play for?
From 8 to 16, then my knees went all crash-boom-bang and that was it.

Offline Metalanimal

Riff, I stopped playing regulary when I was 18 as work/business took over, then started again when i was 25 playing 5 a side but the team couldnt get players to commit regular so we scrapped the team. 

I had a trial for leeds utd when I was 15 after being spotted by a talent scout but i stuffed that up as well, due to girls lol.

Offline RiffHard

Riff, I stopped playing regulary when I was 18 as work/business took over, then started again when i was 25 playing 5 a side but the team couldnt get players to commit regular so we scrapped the team. 

I had a trial for leeds utd when I was 15 after being spotted by a talent scout but i stuffed that up as well, due to girls lol.
Not bad, mate, Leeds United. I spent most of my years in FC Flora system but never really made it. Because of my knees I've given up on football altogether by now.

Offline Metalanimal

Yeah I was chuffed, I was playing for a team locally and being paid a fiver per game which was great.

I dont play or even think about playing anymore other than Fifa lol

Sorry to hear about your knees I have problems with my knees but thats down to occupation and having bother blasted out from side impacts in last 4 years.

Offline RiffHard

Yeah I was chuffed, I was playing for a team locally and being paid a fiver per game which was great.

I dont play or even think about playing anymore other than Fifa lol

Sorry to hear about your knees I have problems with my knees but thats down to occupation and having bother blasted out from side impacts in last 4 years.
Talking of FIFA, I won 2013 Europa League the other night and finished fourth in EPL, got knocked out of domestic cups pretty early. All this with Spurs, of course :D And all this without bringing in any new faces. Virtual reality, eh?  :lol:

Offline Metalanimal

I am still on fifa 12 as wife has got me fifa 13 for xmas as usual so I have to wait.

Your seems dam close to the real thing Riff.

I use spurs and build the team up, make ace signings and develop youth, mine is very far from reality with a team that Barcelona couldnt afford and cant beat lol

great fun though isnt it.

My starting 11 of fifa 12

GK - Der Stegen
RB - van der wiel
RCB - Lovren
LCB - Ranocchia
LB - Santon
RM - Hoilett
RCM - Lucas
LCM - Gotze
LM - Bale
CF - Falque
ST - Neymar

Subs
Pjanic
Gamiero
De Jong
Sandro
Harley
Fabricio
Moutinho

Not bad eh lol total fantasy!

AVB take note

Offline RiffHard

I am still on fifa 12 as wife has got me fifa 13 for xmas as usual so I have to wait.

Your seems dam close to the real thing Riff.

I use spurs and build the team up, make ace signings and develop youth, mine is very far from reality with a team that Barcelona couldnt afford and cant beat lol

great fun though isnt it.

My starting 11 of fifa 12

GK - Der Stegen
RB - van der wiel
RCB - Lovren
LCB - Ranocchia
LB - Santon
RM - Hoilett
RCM - Lucas
LCM - Gotze
LM - Bale
CF - Falque
ST - Neymar

Subs
Pjanic
Gamiero
De Jong
Sandro
Harley
Fabricio
Moutinho

Not bad eh lol total fantasy!

AVB take note
Only two real Spurs players?  :o I forgot to mention that my formation of choice is 4-4-2 and Dempsey was my top scorer in all competitions, so, I guess that makes my game pretty fantasy-like. Still, I tried to keep things as close to real situation as possible and Lloris only played cup games. One can imagine his morale was very low. Oh yeah, one more thing - I'm absolutely incapable of keeping a clean sheet. So, not so fantasy after all.

Offline Metalanimal

3 spurs players made it Falque is Iago falque the young player we have coming through signed a couple of seasons ago.

I still have Dawson, Livermore, Bostock, walker and few others all the reserves used for league cup games.

How do yours fair for injuries, I had 6 key players out in the season before last, very much like the problems the real team faces.

Offline RiffHard

3 spurs players made it Falque is Iago falque the young player we have coming through signed a couple of seasons ago.

I still have Dawson, Livermore, Bostock, walker and few others all the reserves used for league cup games.

How do yours fair for injuries, I had 6 key players out in the season before last, very much like the problems the real team faces.
Ah, yeah, I missed Iago Falque, he's very promising in FIFA13. I lost Parker for three months around Christmas and Gallas was out for a few months as well (I've actually used him quite much because he's versatile and play in RB/CB/LB and his attributes are good for the first season). There are now sliders in FIFA, so I decided to raise the injury level because the default level wasn't very realistic. Hah, maybe we should create a thread for FIFA and other football games?