Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 6th Feb  - KO 20:00  - Ground: Anfield

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:48:15 PM by Biggs »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
I look forward to these two games every year.....just cause i hate the feckers!

Every year is there year and it never happens,i know a lot of liverpool fans,the stuff they come out with is just crazy.

I also love the fact that they have fallen way down the pecking order in the league now.

I think it will be a tight game, but we have a decent record against them this past few games so hopefully that will contiune.

Carroll,dowing,henderson :2funny:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this one, think we are goimg to come unstuck and Suarez bang in a hatrick, get ready for disappointment!

I hope i am very wrong!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Shameus

• Hero: Dave Mackay
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »

Every year is there year and it never happens,i know a lot of liverpool fans,the stuff they come out with is just crazy.

I also love the fact that they have fallen way down the pecking order in the league now.

[/quote]

Exactly as I felt after the whirlwind 1960s. And I continued to view Spurs as a top side ever since despite the stark reality. :hide:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 08:38:53 AM »
A fairly solid defensive performance, just. Otherwise disappointing going forwards. Some of our passing was dreadful, especially BAE. Bale/Ade/Modric struggled 2nd half.
Lets hope we hang on for CL and regroup in summer

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
A fairly solid defensive performance, just. Otherwise disappointing going forwards. Some of our passing was dreadful, especially BAE. Bale/Ade/Modric struggled 2nd half.
Lets hope we hang on for CL and regroup in summer

Ade was lost up front on his own,no help,no service no nothing,i couldnt believe it then, when they took him off and brought Saha on,why did they not take one of the 5 in midfied off and put Saha up along side Ade and give them a chance.

Thats the first time in a long time i got the feeling we were playing for a draw!

As you say solid defensive performance but very disappointing otherwise.

There will need to be a big improvement come saturday when a decent newcastle come to the lane.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline loken

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
I agree Derry. Since the beginning of the game I had this same feeling. And that means, we don't take championship seriously, imo. As for players, apart of defensive blok and Parker, Modric and Nico in first half, no one
deserved for a good word. Ade was completely useless (injury?), Bale irritating. Honastly I beginn to worry about Gareth. To much talks to refs and opposite teams player. I'd be more focused on football.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
I agree Derry. Since the beginning of the game I had this same feeling. And that means, we don't take championship seriously, imo. As for players, apart of defensive blok and Parker, Modric and Nico in first half, no one
deserved for a good word. Ade was completely useless (injury?), Bale irritating. Honastly I beginn to worry about Gareth. To much talks to refs and opposite teams player. I'd be more focused on football.

Thats pretty much how I saw the game. Looked like we went there for the draw, no more. Then when we had the one chance to nick it, GB fluffed it.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
Couldn't agree more.
Looked like we came to Anfield looking for a draw.
Held out  for the point.

However that performance last night reminded me of those end of season games with a team in the middle of the table and nothing to really play for.
Whereas 3 points would have put us within a couple of Manu.
As in other posts playing 1 up front isn't working, Adebayor  needs  support.

Still 1 point is better than no points!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »
Guys, 0:0 is not a bad result considering it was at Anfield. Besides, Redknapp did not make it to Liverpool, so Bond had to guide the team and that probably made some difference as well.

Adebayor seems more toothless with each game, maybe it's time to try another formation with two strikers.