SpursNetwork

Vice-chairman Dein leaves Ars*nal

« on: April 18, 2007, 07:06:29 PM »
Ars*nal vice-chairman David Dein has left the club with immediate effect because of "irreconcilable differences" with the rest of the board.

American billionaire Stan Kroenke has bought 9.9% of Ars*nal and more shares from major stakeholder Danny Fiszman.

It sparked takeover talk, but chairman Peter Hill-Wood played down moves.

He revealed remaining board members, who own 45.45% of the remaining shares, had agreed not to dispose of their shares for at least one year.

In a statement, Hill-Wood said: "On behalf of the board I would like to express our gratitude to David Dein for the many years of loyal service he has given to the club.

"We sincerely regret that irreconcilable differences between Mr Dein and the rest of the board have necessitated a parting of the ways."

Earlier in April, ITV plc announced that they had unconditionally sold their 9.99% shareholding interest in Ars*nal Holdings plc to American Kroenke's KSE UK INC.

Kroenke Sports Enterprise have also co-owned American Football franchise St Louis Rams following their relocation to Missouri, while NBA side Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche are now too under the group's umbrella.

That development was not seen as the first step towards another American takeover of a English club, although the move to buy ITV's stake came less than a month after KSE stated they had "no interest or intention" of buying into Ars*nal.

Both Dein and fellow director Fiszman had previously stated their intention to keep their shares.

source: bbc sport.
dont really no what to say to that.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:31:52 PM »
I think this means that the yanks are gonna take over the club. The board are traditionalist and dont want the takeover, but Dein does.

God I hope we want get take over by the yanks.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:34:41 PM »
i Never liked him anyways

i always thought he was dodgy, because he has got connecting with the FA

and have you noticed that Ars*nal ALWAYS seem to have a game in hand over everyone ! Even teams link Man U & Chelsea who are all in the same competitions as them

But also i don't like the fact of all these American Billionaires are coing over heer and taking over our clubs. Before you know it all the clubs will be taken over and we will be called the ESL = English ****** League :'(

Offline No1spursfan4lyf

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 03:10:57 AM »
hopefully wenger follows and so does half the team i may be wrong but i thought he wanted the american to e a major investor in the club or wanted him to launch a takeover bid
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:15:08 AM by No1spursfan4lyf »

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »
Wenger will go nowhere:specool: ...btw Even if he goes none of the players will leave:Green_Colorz_PDT_45

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
Quote from: rags;4643
Wenger will go nowhere:specool: ...btw Even if he goes none of the players will leave:Green_Colorz_PDT_45

rags, don`t think you`re kidding anyone I saw Wenger on focus last week he was very pointed about how he would see out his contract (end of next season) but conspicuously quiet about after that. Its known that Dein persuaded him to stay before when Real wanted him, I reckon he`ll be gone end of next season... and the rest of the rats to leave the sinking ship soon after

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
i think dein was the reason wenger hasnt left hope he follows him the prick
Q: What do you call 100 Ars*nal supporters at the bottom of a cliff?
A: A good start!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 08:48:55 PM »
I'm surprised I didn't catch this part earlier:

Kroenke Sports Enterprise have also co-owned American Football franchise St Louis Rams following their relocation to Missouri, while NBA side Denver Nuggets and the NHL's Colorado Avalanche are now too under the group's umbrella.

Ahh yes, the Colorado Avalanche, aka ice hockey's equivalent to the Gooners. :thebird: Trust me, I'm a Vancouver Canucks fan, and Canucks fans hate the Crapalanche almost as much, if not exactly as much, as Yids hate Gooners.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:19:50 PM »
Wenger will stay if Dien gets his way, he is trying to get a takeover going with these russian billionairs - He sold his stake to them and they made him chairman of 'red and white holdings'

They way they will increase thier stake but it will be a slow process..

This could go in any direction at the moment, but my money is on Dein getting his own way and getting the takeover to work for him at somepoint..
JUANDEFUL!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:59:04 PM »
Dein is a dodgy c*nt

He's got connections with the FA aswell

has any of you ever noticed how Ars*nal always have games in hand ? :g:

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 06:26:01 AM »
Quote from: n15spur;5862
rags, don`t think you`re kidding anyone I saw Wenger on focus last week he was very pointed about how he would see out his contract (end of next season) but conspicuously quiet about after that. Its known that Dein persuaded him to stay before when Real wanted him, I reckon he`ll be gone end of next season... and the rest of the rats to leave the sinking ship soon after

Wenger left ?? :doofywave:

Offline Powerage

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 02:23:55 AM »
Quote from: Biggs;24486
Dein is a dodgy c*nt

He's got connections with the FA aswell

has any of you ever noticed how Ars*nal always have games in hand ? :g:

Well said.

I hate the ****.