Paul Scholes (Manchester United)

PFA YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES

Kevin Doyle (Reading)
Cesc Fabregas (Ars*nal)    
Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)    
Micah Richards (Manchester City)    
Cristiano Ronaldo(Manchester United)    
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Could it be a clean sweep for Ronaldo? Or is Drogba's amazing early season form enough to win him the prize? Will Ronney win 3 YPOTY awards in a row?

Views lads?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
PFA Player of Year nominees
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:47:27 PM »
Nah i think ronaldo will take the lot

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »
Surely he should either be one of the other, not included in both?

But yeah i think Ronaldo will get them. Definately the young player, if not him in POTY then Drogba will get it. :)

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
Ronaldo should take the lot for me. Pure quality. Though I have a sneaky feeling Drogba will get the main prize. hope I'm wrong though.

Offline Storts

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »
What a Joke. Just shows how the best/biggest teams players get nominated, whatever happend through the season. Gerrard, Fabregas and imo Giggs should not be in there. They just havent been that good this season but have been included because of who they are and where they come frim. If we are talking about a player that has made a team and has been a joy to watch for everyone then it is Dimi(other than those included). Why he is not included is beyond me. He has been a stand out player this season, every one has been talking about him and everyone wants him at their club.
Gerrard, Fabregas and Giggs are living on reputation in my opinion. What merits them being in the top 5/6.

Anyway, there are two obvious choices for player of the season, CR and DD. For me it is the first one. He has entertained alot this season. Drogba has silenced critics but I think Ronaldo has more so.

Young player of the year I have given to Azza(Aaron Lennon). This may be slight bias on my part but he is only 19 and setting the Premiership alight. He is an England regular and will keep on improving. Azza is the man for me

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 02:09:51 PM »
Gr8 thinking storts, i was thinking exactly the same, would give you some re[. but it says i av 2 spread it around a bit...?

But how have you given young player 2 azza? Can us fans vote or something?
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline Storts

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 04:38:53 PM »
Lol no, that was just me thinking. I meant that I have given my vote to Azza but obviously the vote is not valid just my opinion. Like I said though, Dawse deserves it more

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
Any1 else notice no defenders/goalkeepers included... :aaaa coffee:
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
Good observations mate:aaaa coffee:

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
another two horse race between utd and chelski,but ronaldo and drogba massively deserve it,both had points to prove and have done so in style,my vote goes to ronaldo though.

the remaining nominees with perhaps the exception of giggs and scholes who admittedley have had good seasons,are based purely on reputation.in gerrard and fabregas they ahve nowhere near bween at their best this season and do not deserve to be in this shortlist.for me i would rather have seen essien and berbatov in there as they have had much a larger impact on there teams fortunes this season.Also would have been good to see defenders and gk get the praise they deserve with maybe a nomination for players like vidic,foster and dawson

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »
storts

i agree with u 100% on the dimi and big clubs ruling everything part but how can u say lennon has "set the prem alight" come on he has been so inconsistant it has been scary at times....look at ronaldo he gets subbed just about every game, reason cos he has run his heart out and needs a rest

how many times has that happend for lennon this season?...none,the kid gets subbed cos he has been ineffective i dont like to say it but unless he picks his game up i can see him getting dropped from the england starting11 and replaced by sw phillips

i would go for ronaldo on both counts ...he is just amazing to watch and his goals have been vital

tevez should get best player in the worst team award

Offline COYS

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
Berba has been outstanding considering its his first season in The Premiership. Lennon hasn't impressed me as much as i expected, but hopefully that will change next year.

Imo it has to be ronaldo, he has been amazing.
Berba > God

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 11:59:34 PM »
yeh ronaldo will win it hands down.

Would like to see berbatov contending next year though! :spoton:

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 11:52:13 AM »
Hard to go past Ronaldo. It would have beeen good to see berbs on the list but Ronalso really has been on fire this year
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower