SpursNetwork

Owen return...

Owen return...
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:34:41 AM »
"Owen scores on return from injury
Newcastle striker Michael Owen
Owen has been missed by Newcastle and England
Striker Michael Owen has made his comeback from injury in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

Owen, 27, ruptured his anterior cruciate knee ligament at the World Cup last summer but is now hoping to play before the end of this season.

His return came against Gretna and he scored after 10 minutes before coming off an hour later against the Scottish Division One club.

Owen could now be in line to face Chelsea on 22 April at St James' Park.

His return will be a boost for both Magpies boss Glenn Roeder as well as England coach Steve McClaren.

England face a crucial Euro 2008 qualifier in June in Estonia and Owen will almost certainly play a part if he makes his Newcastle return this term."

soure: BBC | SPORT

I am so happy for the guy. he has had such a hard year. my friends mum got the same thing in here knee and she still limps a little bit and it happened about 5 years ago. I guess she didnt get the same treatment but i dont recon owe will ever be half the player he was. Hopefully i am wrong but i cant see it happening.
I think it is rediculous that mclaren is so egger to put hm back in the team so quick. he will never be as good as defoe is any more. and i am nt being bias.

good luck Owen.

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
Owen return...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 11:17:07 AM »
Owen won't ever be the player he was, but you have a good point. He has been through a hell of a lot recently, and I really hope that things work out for him okay.

Owen return...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 12:28:30 PM »
A shame to see such player to lose much of his shine due to injuries :angry:
----------------

Owen return...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 12:32:03 PM »
Yeah, Owen was and could still be fantastic :)

I hope he is, he's a brilliant talent, and England could do with him aswell.

Owen return...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:36:38 PM »
dont get me wrong i would love to see him playing succsefully for england. but as powerage said, "Unfortunately there isn't room for sentiment in football". we need to play our to best strickers.

Offline COYS

Owen return...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
i think hes a great player, although he doesn't really make alot of play he is a goalscorer and sometimes thats all you need
Berba > God

Owen return...
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »
owens the bollox i got a bet on with my old man that he'll be in the top 3 of the prems top scorers next season...

im thinking him and martins will tear the crap outta most of the def'ns next year...

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Owen return...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »
I still think Owen is our best striker. Next season he will score a ton of goals, he says he has regained pace as his hamstrings have recuvered. He will be the dogs.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Owen return...
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »
i didnt even know he scored....was the goal good ?

Owen return...
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »
He has not been the same since the first injury.. I like him a lot, it is a shame. I hope he comes back strong, until they play us..

Owen return...
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
Hopefully Owen will be what England need to win their remaining qualifying matches. I still want McClaren sacked though. Hes a great player and I hope he starts scoring goals again for England..........for Newcastle though, I hope he doesn't.

Owen return...
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »
It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get him back in the England squad.

Will he have to earn his place again or just walk straight back in?

Owen return...
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »
Steve McClueless might just allow Owen to walk back into the squad because that is how the England team is ran nowadays.

Berba's girl

Owen return...
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »
Let's face it England are sadly lacking strikers. If Owen can find form quickly for the Magpies, then he's got to feature in the England team surely? It can't get any worse anyway.