SpursNetwork

The Manchester United Thread

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 11:01:57 PM »
Ugly scenes in Rome today. Anyone see it?

Offline Rob

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 11:48:10 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;2120
Ugly scenes in Rome today. Anyone see it?

very bad i saw the video disgusting stuff tbh.

Also not a bad result with 10 men and hostile crowd. Quite happy with the performance tbh :)
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »
So Roma's police chief was in no position to be criticising Man U's club officials for warning their fans, in other words :(

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Powerage

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 04:31:43 AM »
Man United fans were ****ing idiots too react and the Italian's should be banned from World Football for an undertermined amount of time. Those twats will never learn and so must be removed from the world stage.

Its funny how the Italian's go on about how much they love football, how they eat sleep drink and live for it, yet they have no idea how too actually run a game of football or a league without cocking it up.

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »
Anyone got a video link to youtube or something?
I missed the incident.

Offline Storts

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 09:22:18 AM »
You don't want to see it.

Some of the images were quite sickening to be honest. The man you see being attacked and hit about 20 times by a police truchen and then with blood flowing from his head and struggling to move. Poor Bloke

Offline Lew

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
I couldn't find the video on youtube.
Was it that bad?

Offline Storts

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 09:30:04 AM »
It really was. Terrible images which I am sure Will be posted om Youtube at some point. I am on the look out now and will post them up when they do come up. Pretty shocking really, something needs to be done about the fans and the policing over there

Offline Lew

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »
Yes please if you find them post them up, or send me the link.

I was round my girlfriend's so I missed it all. Bloody hell! Lol.

Offline Rob

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
Quote from: Powerage;2124
Man United fans were ****ing idiots too react and the Italian's should be banned from World Football for an undertermined amount of time. Those twats will never learn and so must be removed from the world stage.

Its funny how the Italian's go on about how much they love football, how they eat sleep drink and live for it, yet they have no idea how too actually run a game of football or a league without cocking it up.

I agree with basically everything you say. But come on mate. They threw missiles at us, mocked us through out and when we retaliated the police beat the living s**t out of fans. If spurs fan had been there, would you say the same. After all we are not the French, we just don't back off. All we did was threw back some insults and abuse we recieved. My question is "why weren't police force in the Roma section ?

Its been happening for ever last term borogh fans were stabbed in Roma. Dirty F*cking c*nts

Offline Lew

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 01:58:49 PM »
By the sounds of things, the police seemed very one sided and unfair, however obviously I havn't seen the incident.

This is becoming a huge problem in foreign football, like in Tottenham's case, it worked our way and we got a by against maybe one of the best teams in the competition (Feyenoord), and if we ended up playing them, with doors open and playing under a normal atmosphere, there most probably would of been fights and brawls there too..

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 03:47:07 PM »
Quote from: Storts;2153
You don't want to see it.

Some of the images were quite sickening to be honest. The man you see being attacked and hit about 20 times by a police truchen and then with blood flowing from his head and struggling to move. Poor Bloke

it is not the first time this season that the mancs have had trouble also in france and they blame everyone else apart from there own fans we go abroad and not even a hint of trouble in porto the day was so relaxing and the old bill were friendly and not a hint of trouble it seems to be following them about .so all english clubs will be thought of as hooligans and that is where the trouble starts with the riot police and treated like cattle if the mancs want to fight someone send them to iraq but dont let them ruin it for everyone else.

Offline Rob

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 03:50:24 PM »
Quote from: radders;2279
it is not the first time this season that the mancs have had trouble also in france and they blame everyone else apart from there own fans we go abroad and not even a hint of trouble in porto the day was so relaxing and the old bill were friendly and not a hint of trouble it seems to be following them about .so all english clubs will be thought of as hooligans and that is where the trouble starts with the riot police and treated like cattle if the mancs want to fight someone send them to iraq but dont let them ruin it for everyone else.

i so hope that your fans get the s**t beaten out of them. MAncs at fault get a grip mate take off those anti united glasses you are wearning. It was obvious  that security at france was a joke and in Roma's case their past is a proof for what they have been doing. Expect nothing else from people since you know you can never ever be as big as us.

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 04:10:40 PM »
Quote from: Rob;2281
i so hope that your fans get the s**t beaten out of them. MAncs at fault get a grip mate take off those anti united glasses you are wearning. It was obvious  that security at france was a joke and in Roma's case their past is a proof for what they have been doing. Expect nothing else from people since you know you can never ever be as big as us.

sorry but that is the way it looks to me and i am not anti united i dont mind you lot anyone who stops arse and chelski winning the league is allright with me so stop being so defensive and look at it from the outside i did not see the game got in from work put the tv on and saw the trouble put 2 and 2 together if it was the other way round and tottenham were having riots on there travels would we still be in the cup remember what happened to feyernoord .one bit of trouble and they chucked them out if it happens again you may well join them and that would not be good for english football .so see it from my point of view i am not anti united .i just think they should look at there own fans aswell as blameing everyone else.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 04:17:09 PM »
Rob dont be so paranoid.

United fans were throwing objects at the Roma fans from what I saw on TV. But the police were completely out of order to just be attacking the mancs, they should have been controling the Roma fans aswell.