SpursNetwork

The Manchester United Thread

Offline Rob

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
Quote from: radders;2287
sorry but that is the way it looks to me and i am not anti united i dont mind you lot anyone who stops arse and chelski winning the league is allright with me so stop being so defensive and look at it from the outside i did not see the game got in from work put the tv on and saw the trouble put 2 and 2 together if it was the other way round and tottenham were having riots on there travels would we still be in the cup remember what happened to feyernoord .one bit of trouble and they chucked them out if it happens again you may well join them and that would not be good for english football .so see it from my point of view i am not anti united .i just think they should look at there own fans aswell as blameing everyone else.

what happened with feyernood was because they cannot control their crowd at home which is a different scenario. How many times have you seen this happening at OT if our fans are so violence oriented ?  Also Rome has a rich reputation when it comes to disorder and violence everytime there is a football game. Also justify how can someone backing away from police and putting his hand up in peace is beaten recklessly. Why wasn't security on their side? why were they allowed to abuse our fans, why were they allowed to throw missiles.

If the travelling macs are so bad then this should happen everywhere. Look for some videos and please then make these daft comments.
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Offline Rob

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 04:19:10 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;2289
Rob dont be so paranoid.

United fans were throwing objects at the Roma fans from what I saw on TV. But the police were completely out of order to just be attacking the mancs, they should have been controling the Roma fans aswell.

I am not and you got it totally wrong the abuse the fans got from Roma fans sparked the fire. They started throwing objects and when we retaliated we got the s**t beaten out of us. Why isn't it same for both parties.

I am not paranoid you won;t understand if this happens to your beloved team and their supporters then you will understand. Shameful

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »
Quote from: Rob;2290
what happened with feyernood was because they cannot control their crowd at home which is a different scenario. How many times have you seen this happening at OT if our fans are so violence oriented ?  Also Rome has a rich reputation when it comes to disorder and violence everytime there is a football game. Also justify how can someone backing away from police and putting his hand up in peace is beaten recklessly. Why wasn't security on their side? why were they allowed to abuse our fans, why were they allowed to throw missiles.

If the travelling macs are so bad then this should happen everywhere. Look for some videos and please then make these daft comments.

its doesn't happen in english football because it is better structured than Italian. and it not just roma most Italian  have the same problem. but the only reason this type  of thing don't happen in england is because we have all seater staduims if we had the type of standing stadiums that inlay have we would come across the same problem.

i think you should blame the both of them it takes 2 people to start a fight

Offline Rob

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »
Quote from: Biggs;2292
its doesn't happen in english football because it is better structured than Italian. and it not just roma most Italian  have the same problem. but the only reason this type  of thing don't happen in england is because we have all seater staduims if we had the type of standing stadiums that inlay have we would come across the same problem.

i think you should blame the both of them it takes 2 people to start a fight

yes but its no brainer that who started it and was bigger of 2 evils. Of coarse go ahead all of you guys and blame united. Why not?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 04:29:34 PM »
Quote from: Rob;2294
yes but its no brainer that who started it and was bigger of 2 evils. Of coarse go ahead all of you guys and blame united. Why not?

Ofcouse i don't think its was just 2 people that started the whole thing, well put it this way then it takes two partys to start a fight. so therefore both are to blame. if it was just roma fans throwing flairs at united fans, then i  could see why your blaming the whole thing on roma. but in this sort of thing they cant say "they started it" in not kindergarden no more. when there is a fight that breaks out both are to blame and both should get equal punishment

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »
You are being paronoid Rob, coz you keep saying we're all anti United. The united fans didnt start it but they retaliated which was wrong. Yeah the police should have stopped both fans, they overreacted big time. But both fans were as bad as each other. It was the police that made it worse.

Its shameful you think we're anti united.

Offline Rob

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »
Quote from: Biggs;2295
Ofcouse i dont think its was just 2 people that started the whole thing, well put it this way then it takes two parts to start a fight. so therefore both are to blame. if it was just roma fans throwing flairs at united fans, then i  could see why your blaming the whole thing on roma. but in this sort of thing they cant say "they started it" in not kindergarden no more. when there is a fight that breaks out both are to blame

there has to be an event which sparks and that was when scholes was sent off and all the Roma fans ran towards their fences to tease manutd and threw missiles when we tried to respond the cops beat the fans. Tell me why weren't there cops on Roma's side. Their blood is blood, and our blood is water ?

Offline Rob

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;2296
You are being paronoid Rob, coz you keep saying we're all anti United. The united fans didnt start it but they retaliated which was wrong. Yeah the police should have stopped both fans, they overreacted big time. But both fans were as bad as each other. It was the police that made it worse.

Its shameful you think we're anti united.

We are not the french , don;t have history off backing off. Easily said than done. If you'd be in that situation where thousands abuse and mock you, you will realize which one you will go for. What was really stupid ? Them being allowed to mock us and throw stuff at us without any kind of prevention.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 04:35:40 PM »
Quote from: Rob;2297
there has to be an event which sparks and that was when scholes was sent off and all the Roma fans ran towards their fences to tease manutd and threw missiles when we tried to respond the cops beat the fans. Tell me why weren't there cops on Roma's side. Their blood is blood, and our blood is water ?

No but if this thing was to happen in England at OT, the same thing would of happened but the other way round. i don't think you will ever see police attacking their home fans on a European night

Offline Rob

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
Quote from: Biggs;2299
No but if this thing was to happen in England at OT, the same thing would of happened but the other way round. i don't think you will ever see police attacking their home fans on a European night

great logic then by all sorts everyone should do it everytime. We are the home fans we should get away with murder. Wrong is wrong doesn't matter who does it.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 04:41:57 PM »
Quote from: Rob;2300
great logic then by all sorts everyone should do it everytime. We are the home fans we should get away with murder. Wrong is wrong doesn't matter who does it.

two things rob

like i said Italian football = Bad Structure - that why these type of things happen

and

Italian Football = Corrupt - maybe the reason why the police dont attack there home fans

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »
Italian football is extremely corrupt and has an appalling structure, full stop.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
^Agreed.

If both sides' fans were actively causing trouble, both sides should be punished. HOWEVER, the side that was causing more trouble, NOT the side that happened to be visiting at the time, should be punished more. The Roma police buggered this situation up big time. From what I've seen and heard, the punishment, whatever it end up being, should be equivalent to a ridiculously small fine for Man U and a ridiculously huge fine, point-docking, kick outta Europe and other stuff for Roma. And let's hope those anti-hooliganism laws they just passed in Italy (see http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-italyviolenceitafbl&prov=afp&type=lgns) are worth more than the paper they're written on, or else I'm NOT going to be a happy camper.

Those Roma police were probably upset that Man U told its traveling fans to be careful. You'd be surprised what sort of sh*t wounded pride can cause, even among people who are supposed to enforce the law.

This whole mess makes me wanna puke. I'm hoping the Man U fans that were seriously injured pull through. :(

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
Saw the pictures on the back of today's Daily Star.
Appalling.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan