SpursNetwork

Down for the drop

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Down for the drop
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »
Who do you think will go down in the Premiership this season?

Its gonna be tight for a few teams. But for me Watford and Wet Spam are down and out. The other spot is between Charlton, Sheff Utd, Wigan and Man City. But the likes of Fulham and Villa arnt safe though you'd think they have the quality to see it through.

For me it will be Sheff Utd who go down. Looking at there fixtures they have a tough run in.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Down for the drop
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:25 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;50
Who do you think will go down in the Premiership this season?

Its gonna be tight for a few teams. But for me Watford and Wet Spam are down and out. The other spot is between Charlton, Sheff Utd, Wigan and Man City. But the likes of Fulham and Villa arnt safe though you'd think they have the quality to see it through.

For me it will be Sheff Utd who go down. Looking at there fixtures they have a tough run in.

Well with eight left, nobody's been mathematically eliminated, but let's face it, Watford are crap. There's absolutely no way they're going anywhere but down. I think the Spurs game was proof enough of that. Looking at the replay of the Robbo's goal, Danny s**ttu made a horrible defensive decision by not at least taking the ball down, which he could have. That said, the ball had so much momentum on it that he would have had an 80% chance of scoring an own goal.

I hope to GOD that West Ham goes down. I hate the club for a) how they treated Craig Forrest when he had cancer and b) the historical signings of two of the game's biggest w***ers, Paolo di Canio and Lee Bowyer by name. DIE SPAMMERS DIE!! By the looks of their internal team situation, though, they're unravelling as we speak, and I don't think they'll survive this season.

Charlton is going to have a really tough time staying up. If they want to do so, the next two matches are crucial, against Man City and Wigan. Because after that, there's only one other match against teams in their range left, and that's against Sheff U. The rest are against far superior sides. Even Reading puts them to shame, and I don't really think that highly of them.

The interesting thing about Sheff U is that they have three tough games ahead, but after that, it's all matches against teams they have to beat to stay up. So their destiny is in their own hands, really.

Wigan may have a tougher time staying up (much to my dismay - the Latics are my second-favourite team in England behind Spurs) because they have more of the high-end tough matches, including a tilt against our Mighty Yiddos. They also have the Reds and Boro, and Bolton have Sheff and Wigan back-to-back.

Man City is really in tough (I'm going to have to hassle my friend Ian about this - he's a City fan:p) because they've got their local arch-rivals United, Liverpool, the Abominations Causing Football Desolation aka Ars*nal, and the Super Spurs all in the last eight.

Fulham has it a little easier. The only matches I'd really be worried about if I were them would be the Filth and the 'Pool. And maybe Everton. I don't really rate Reading, and the others aren't the high-level opposition that City and the Latics have.

Villa is sort of similar to Sheff U in that they have a lot of matches against teams in the same region as they are - the match against Boro is going to be huge, plus they also have Wigan, Man City and Sheff U. The biggest match they have left IMHO is their season closer against Bolton.

There's one other team I think has an outside chance of a drop, and that's Middlesbrough. They've got United, Liverpool and us to play, and the remainder are against teams that are trying to stay out of the red zone, just like they are. If they can win their first two matches, though (against the Spammers and the Stingless Hornets) they ought to be in the clear.

Newcastle isn't mathematically out of the question, but they won't go down. Heck no.

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think Charlton is going to make it. If they do, it'll probably be Wigan, or maybe Man City, going down instead, but I wouldn't bet money on it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:40:13 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Down for the drop
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 11:07:02 PM »
I want Sheff Utd, West ham, Watfrod to

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
Down for the drop
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »
heh, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sheffield rivalry rekindled in Championship next season :p Just as long as it isn't PNE coming up to replace them ;)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Down for the drop
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 09:07:26 AM »
hope sunderland come up

Down for the drop
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »
Watford to sta yo :D

Offline Daniisco

Down for the drop
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »
Quote from: Sir Jimmy;157
Watford to sta yo :D

If you stay up i'll eat my hat

Offline Rob

Down for the drop
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;170
If you stay up i'll eat my hat
with or without ketchup. Mind you its imp for me to know :cool:
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Down for the drop
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:05:13 PM »
Watford and WHU are down. I think Charlton will get out of it, Shuff Utd are without there only goalscorer (Hulse) and will go down IMO.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
Down for the drop
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 06:18:45 PM »
Quote from: SpursLad;189
Watford and WHU are down. I think Charlton will get out of it, Shuff Utd are without there only goalscorer (Hulse) and will go down IMO.

That is very possible. We'll have to wait and see what the Hulse factor really is down the stretch run.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:42:03 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Down for the drop
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »
Watford have had it, i could never really see them making much prgress in the Prem, West Ham look down, to be honest i thought they looked strong enough to revive but it doesnt look like it now, i think Charlton will escape leaving Shef United in 18th, interesting though, its not over yet.

Down for the drop
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »
watford, wet spam and charlton will go down imo

Offline Daniisco

Down for the drop
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
it's certainly hotting up from todays results. any 2 from 8 can go down now. I reckon it'll go down to the wire. Just hope wet spam dont escape.

Down for the drop
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »
hopefully West Ham and Charlton go down as it leaves Ashton and Bent for the taking

Offline Powerage

Down for the drop
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »
Teams I like: Charlton, Man city, Fulham, Watford
Teams I hate: Sheffield United, West Ham

I believe Charlton will pull themselves out, I hope they are safe by the last 2 games of the season, Spurs at Home and Liverpool Away.

Too go: Sheffield United, West Ham & Watford.