SpursNetwork

Realistically where do you think we can finish this year?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Realistically where do you think we can finish this year?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
Sorry guys but after tonights stumbling win I am loosing faith in AVB, much as it pains me to say it!

He seems to have run out of ideas, has no idea who his first choice 11 are or how to get the best out of the huge talent we have.  Tonight same formation, same tactics and it resulted in a flattering scoreline for us.

Tonight key players were started yet again surely they will start Sunday no doubt being utterly knackered, combined with being unmotivated with tactics employed the team hates as they dont work.

AVB is feeling the pressure and is desperate I am also certain he has lost the dressing room and the majority of players.

I expect another thumping on Sunday and then possibly a vacant managers position Monday morning or Roberto Di Matteo in our hot seat!

I watched the 2nd half after rushing home from work.  It was not what I would have expected. We should have won easily by 4 or 5 goals, but we struggled again.

I don't agree that we will lose to Man U. I think we will see a different game on Sunday!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 06:47:13 AM »
At least we managed to win yesterday, so, I sincerely hope this built up some of the confidence lost.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 07:23:13 AM »
Sorry guys but after tonights stumbling win I am loosing faith in AVB, much as it pains me to say it!

He seems to have run out of ideas, has no idea who his first choice 11 are or how to get the best out of the huge talent we have.  Tonight same formation, same tactics and it resulted in a flattering scoreline for us.

Tonight key players were started yet again surely they will start Sunday no doubt being utterly knackered, combined with being unmotivated with tactics employed the team hates as they dont work.

AVB is feeling the pressure and is desperate I am also certain he has lost the dressing room and the majority of players.

I expect another thumping on Sunday and then possibly a vacant managers position Monday morning or Roberto Di Matteo in our hot seat!

I watched the 2nd half after rushing home from work.  It was not what I would have expected. We should have won easily by 4 or 5 goals, but we struggled again.

I don't agree that we will lose to Man U. I think we will see a different game on Sunday!

Unfortunately its getting to the stage where we just never play well. I somehow feel that Sunday could be make or break for us this season. If we can somehow win the game, then we might just be able to keep in touch with the top 4 until we can bring in some re-enforcements in January. If we lose, then I really think its curtains for our season, and maybe AVB, as I just cant see a recovery from all these defeats.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
Not the best performance but a win is a win and a confidence booster for those that played maybe.
But how many of them will start against Man U on Sunday?
I hope AVB gets it right and the players do their bit on the pitch.
On paper it all could look good  ...... but the game is played on grass !!!!

COYS

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »
At least we managed to win yesterday, so, I sincerely hope this built up some of the confidence lost.

I suppose the lacklustre result was because we were already through. We also must remember the freezing conditions they played under. Their team was used to their weather. The real test will be against United and then Fulham (away); in which I am going to both matches. COYS
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.