SpursNetwork

Zokora

Zokora
« on: April 18, 2007, 07:30:58 PM »
Over the past few weeks I have noticed his blazing runs into the box. Now at first glance I loved them but it became apparent to me that he is really trying hard to score a goal for himself often leaving one or two better placed players out in the dark. I don't think this is a total bad thing as such if we are goals down and we need them then i think any chance is great but if its a stalemate draw we need that goal. I don't rate him lower as a player, just noticed that his urge to find his own goals seem to be overpowering his passing decisions.

:spoton: (first post!)

Offline Storts

Zokora
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »
Great first post mate :D welcome to the site.

I really like Zokora. He is one of the best players I know at breaking from midfield and turning defence into attack. At times he may be too casual but when he goes on his runs he his a real threat and a delight to watch.

He has lightening pace and is using it to perfection at the moment. Many people I know, including Gooners, are starting to take not of him and realise the talent he posseses. I like to see him trying to score so good on him.

Keep it up Didi

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Zokora
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »
Yeah I agree. He makes some amazing runs but maybe he goes on a bit too far when he should pass. Normally his runs end up in him getting brought down. When just before doing so he should have passed the ball.

If he really wants a goal he should get forward more and get in into the box ready for a cross. 'Cause at times we struggle to get men in the box.

Welcome to the site btw mate. Glad you could join us.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Zokora
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
Over the last 10/15 games Zokora has played well

i rate him alot and i think next season he will be one of our top players. You can see that now because he is just starting to settle

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Zokora
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 07:40:40 PM »
Gr8 article...
WHAT?! I still cant give you rep. storts...

Totally agree with you both... He also loves us fans + the club so looks like a really loyal player, which is gr9 2 know! Also i think hes staring 2 beat more players than Lennon now?! Hes also gr8 in defence as is always there 2 get any loose balls. Also he adds gr8 pace 2 the midfield even though it already is extremely pacey + has gr8 stamina, so i notice he often comes back 4 counter attacks with last ditch blocks... However, iv also noticed his marking inside the box is a bit poor as many of our goals seem 2 come through areas that hes marking... But i think he was a gr8 signing this season + am looking 4ward 2 see a further improvement next season when hes completely settled in...

Also, some stats here, he has apparently won the most freekicks 4 us, probly coz of those amazing runs...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Berba's girl

Zokora
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »
I think Zokora's strong point is his closing down of players. Certainly something all the others should learn from him!  His lightning pace is a great asset as he'll either tear a defence apart or get fouled. Would looooove him to score one this season but he just doesn't get forward enough for me.

Zokora
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
i honestly think dids would be much more effective than he already is if he was our box to box player,sort of a gerrard role with someon elike tainio or hudd holding,the runs he goes on are good but he needs to do it more often for it to make a major impact on games.i think next season he will be a massive player for us now he has adapted to the english game