SpursNetwork

Interesting news

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Interesting news
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »
currently on holiday in Mauritius staying at the Le Saint Geran and today i met Nico Van Ditmar, a director at The Tavistock Group which is owned by spuds “sugar daddy” Joe Lewis.
http://www.tavistock.com/

A piece came on the BBC World News about AVB and how he plans to take the spuds forward and we started talking footy. He started by telling me how he is a big spurs fan to which i retorted that i am a gooner, his next words were “Oh, we’ll soon be overtaking you guys in a big way” I asked him what he meant and he said “Lets just say that the gloves are off!!”

Apparently, the one and only reason spurs de-listed themselves from the stock market recently was so that the The Tavistock Group i.e Joe Lewis, was able to pump funds and liquidity into spurs in a big way (non disclosure). They are just about to open a 67acre £45 million world class training facility in Enfield, this is the reason they have been able to attract AVB, Vertonghan and stole Sigurrdsen from Liverpool. They did not borrow any money to fund this build and it is considered that it will be one of the best if not the best facility at any football club in the world.
Bale is now on £105,000 per week and spurs are willing to pay Ade £140,000 to prise him away from City. City want £7 million but spuds only willing to pay £5 million.

Worst still, Modric (currently on £105,000pw) will not leave for less than 40 million euro’s and Real Madrid are his preferred option. Real are trying to dilute the transfer fee with Carvalho but spuds stance is that they want 40 million euro’s and will negotiate for Carvalho separately as he is one of AVB’s targets anyway. Modric is contracted until 2016 so spuds hold the upper hand in negotiations, if he leaves they WILL replace him with Moutinho who spuds think is a better player anyway, captained Portugal at 20 yrs old and more aggressive.
Hugo Lloris has chosen spurs over us, personal terms agreed but transfer fee is stumbling block, Lyon want 20 million euro’s spuds have offered 15 million, this Nico fella assured me he will be a spuds player by July 15th.

Their new stadium build is at a cost of £450 million but they will only have to borrow £180 million!!!! Big daddy Joe is funding the rest!! To make things even worst AVB has been given a transfer kitty of £100 million to spend which must also include wages. This was the one and only reason Redknapp was sacked, it was decided that between Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis that Redknapp could not be trusted to take spuds forward in the way that they want given the commitment in funds the board are now making.

So there you have it maybe not from the horses mouth but definitely from near the ****hole area!! I asked him he if he could shed any light on Kronke and all he said was “He’s a very conservative fellow and keeps himself to himself so i can’t tell you much about him” He carried on by explaining that Lewis is a massive spurs fan and has always been spurs “petty cash” tin when they’ve needed it and that “you could not have a better owner of tottenham hostpur football club than Joe lewis”

It does beg the question what the **** is going on at Ars*nal though doesn’t it?
 Not sure if this is  true but if it is .................
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
Re: Interesting news
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
I usually treat such posts are pure garbage as Lewis has never and is unlikely to ever give enough of a f*ck about us to actually invest but i think there is potentially a lot of truth in this, mainly because Joe will recoup his cash when he sells the club and new stadium (lets never forget he is a pure 100% business man and that is all).

I dont really care, if he spends and sorts stadium etc and then sells we have to assume whoever eventually buys us will also want to keep success (however you want to measure success) going.

The future is bright, it's white etc etc

come on AVB (fishing comment  :) )

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »
Your post makes interesting reading indeed and if any of it is true, it sounds almost too good to be true.
Let's face you are a Gooner first and foremost! :P

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
Sorry spursjoolz i should have posted an introduction first but i`m crap with computers .I`m 100% spurs.This was sent to me by a colleague who is also a spurs fan .She got it from a blog she follows .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:47:38 AM »
Well time will tell on this one. However, its July 16th today, and where is Lloris ? Not with us lol