SpursNetwork

Big Improvement Needed

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
Big Improvement Needed
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »

Defeat to another team from Manchester, the manner of the loss was worring City were better in every position although you would expect them to be.

The worry for Spurs was that some of the players did not turn up Bale and Lennon were more than poor Bale looked as though he really did not want to be there beig out played and out classed is not a problem, but when you have players going through the motions its ba worry, I left at 1 - 4 as did 100's of others it was getting embarrasing,
Wolves away next league match somthing to look forward to???????????????????????? :o 

Offline COYSacrossthepond

Re: Big Improvement Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:07 AM »
Honestly, it's way too early to panic. Yes, we're now winless in the league... after 2 games. Against the two teams who will almost certainly finish 1st and 2nd in the prem this season, as they are far and away the class of the league. Modric looked a bit mopey and the team looked tentative... but honestly as soon as I saw the lineup i knew if we didn't score first we were in for a long day. We HAD to make Citeh come out and chase us, and once they scored first, it just wasn't to be.

Everyone just take a deep breath, and relax. Adebayor is on his way, and he'll open up the game for us immensely.

final thought; yes we got drubbed... so did ars*nal. We don't need to beat Man City or Man U this season, as long as we take care of business against the rest of the league!

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »
Not one bit happy with the performance.  Agree that with the line up selected we needed to score first, and we looked ok for about 25 minutes.  But after their goal we were out of it, saw too many players shying away from tackles and not chasing 50/50 balls, not good enough.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:46:29 AM »
Honestly, it's way too early to panic. Yes, we're now winless in the league... after 2 games. Against the two teams who will almost certainly finish 1st and 2nd in the prem this season, as they are far and away the class of the league. Modric looked a bit mopey and the team looked tentative... but honestly as soon as I saw the lineup i knew if we didn't score first we were in for a long day. We HAD to make Citeh come out and chase us, and once they scored first, it just wasn't to be.

Everyone just take a deep breath, and relax. Adebayor is on his way, and he'll open up the game for us immensely.

final thought; yes we got drubbed... so did ars*nal. We don't need to beat Man City or Man U this season, as long as we take care of business against the rest of the league!

Exactly..... now is the time for patience and belief, we must stay behind the team, manager and chairman !!!!!!!

:coolsmiley:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »

It's not the fact we lost, it's the manner in the way we lost. Arry should have put kaboul in the centre of mid-field. Not ideal but we desperately needed a defensive mid field player. Bassong could then have played centre half. Crouch is leaving and therefore his head could not surely have been right. Collectively we were terrible. It's no good just expecting the four defenders to defend, it's the whole teams responsibility.

I expected to lose both games, so not having any points is the problem, it's where we are going to get the future ones from worries me. Teams like Liverpool, Man City and Man Ure got it right. They identified the players they wanted and bought them early so they didn't lose them. Ars*nal and us are examples of how to get it really wrong. Levy has left everything to the last minute in order we can pick up the dregs at knock down prices. Ultimately, at the end of the season we will end up where we deserve, and it's not going to be top four, believe me !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »

Its not a matter of PANIC as you put it, I am just stating what I saw, to many people watch the edited highlights on TV and think what they saw was acceptable well sorry its not!
If you think one man can change other players attitude's then again in my view you are wrong.

Yes true long way to go I will panic if we are in the bottom 3 in April till then I will be at the games supporting the team!!!! 

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
What worried me was that in his post match interview Harry looked like a broken man. Moaning about the press saying there was a bad feeling in the camp from the start of pre-season etc. That's not you want to hear from the Manager however true it may be. I think we need to get shot of Modric asap his hearts not in it anymore. Use the money to get players who want to play for us and get a bit of team spirit back. Unfortunately we may have left it to late yet again.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »
It really sucks that we had to open up our season to ManUtd and ManCity. Now we've all got to endure 2 weeks of bottom of the table 0 pts / -7 goal difference kneejerk pundits. Obviously, there's room for improvement. However, those losses came at the hands of two of the top four teams in the world (Barcelona, ManU, ManC, Real Madrid, and Chelsea is how I would rank it). We are exactly who we are, and we will still finish 4th or 5th in the League. Nothing has changed. I thought Bale and Crouch both showed a lot of effort and BAE was solid as always. Niko even looked bright before he was injured. Lennon worries me a little. Too one-dimensional lately and when that fails he just stops. Defoe and vdV have been taking ill-advised shots but they are hungry to score and I can't really fault them too much for that. I think JD is going to have a decent season.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »
Lennon worries me a little. Too one-dimensional lately and when that fails he just stops.
Lennon is pretty much a one trick pony. He has lots of pace but end product is weak. Most of the local full backs pretty much know him already.