SpursNetwork

There may trouble ahead

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
There may trouble ahead
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
 What with the Modric saga dragging on the way it is ( I say get rid - his attitude stinks imo ) and with what looks like a break down in communication between Mr.Levy and Mr.Redknapp - who barely seems to know what is going on at the club anymore - and a defence that looks about as useful as a chocolate teapot - I fear that if we don't sort things out and soon there could be some dark days ahead at White Hart Lane.
 Again we have failed in the transfer window - with the exception of Adebayor - I cannot belive that we did'nt at least try to sign either Shay Given or Ben Foster opting instead for a 40 yr old veteran whos best days were last century - literally! We have just over 24 hours left until the window shuts, lets hope we at least get Parker, hopefully Diarra and maybe a centre back - Samba or Cahill would do, but something, anything to try and lift the gloom.

Offline stratosthegreek

• Hero: Osvaldo Ardilles
Re: There may trouble ahead
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
What with the Modric saga dragging on the way it is ( I say get rid - his attitude stinks imo ) and with what looks like a break down in communication between Mr.Levy and Mr.Redknapp - who barely seems to know what is going on at the club anymore - and a defence that looks about as useful as a chocolate teapot - I fear that if we don't sort things out and soon there could be some dark days ahead at White Hart Lane.
 Again we have failed in the transfer window - with the exception of Adebayor - I cannot belive that we did'nt at least try to sign either Shay Given or Ben Foster opting instead for a 40 yr old veteran whos best days were last century - literally! We have just over 24 hours left until the window shuts, lets hope we at least get Parker, hopefully Diarra and maybe a centre back - Samba or Cahill would do, but something, anything to try and lift the gloom.

Ok man,i agree with the main part of your post,except one:do you have any doubt about Friedel's ability throughout these 2 matches?My opinion is that w/o him,we would have conceded about as many goals as his age!!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:10:06 PM by stratosthegreek »

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »
@ stratosthegreek

I agree he played very well in the last two games but at his age how long can he sustain this form? Both Given and Foster are younger and would have been imo better long term options.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »
My main worry is that Ade gets injured...