SpursNetwork

Beckham cost us 4TH SPOT

Offline 2guntex

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves, Pat Jennings,
  • Season Ticket: No
Beckham cost us 4TH SPOT
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:42:01 PM »
if harry had not wasted the whole of the last transfer window trying to get Beckham to play for us then we might have got someone to put the ball in the back of the net,instead we remembered there was  a window on the last day and were to late for charley adams. >:( >:( 

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
Re: Beckham cost us 4TH SPOT
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:19 AM »
Perhaps you are confusing the media wasting time with the club's efforts. We were throwing unbelievable numbers at La Liga outfits but couldn't get any takers. Adam was a last minute afterthought when we became aware that he was available. At that time even Adam was viewed as a desperation move. He didn't become the commodity that he is now until the second half of the season.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
if harry had not wasted the whole of the last transfer window trying to get Beckham to play for us then we might have got someone to put the ball in the back of the net,instead we remembered there was  a window on the last day and were to late for charley adams. >:( >:(

I posted something very similar to this last season pointing out that after the circus that follows him and Beckham left we started losing. We don't need the added distractions we are capable of f**king things up for ourselves !!!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

The Daywalker

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
I see straw-clutching has reached a new Olympic level standard, with this thread  :lol:

Offline 2guntex

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:03:40 AM »
no confusion just facts,check stats Adams was doing the buisness all season

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »
I don't disagree that Adam is a good player. I'm just saying that at the time our last minute interest was registered, it was widely viewed as a desperate move to come away with something from the transfer window. He wasn't in demand at that time.

I'm couging on my words as I type this, but isn't it possible that a player like Jenas could have also been very successful at Blackpool? I'm not sweatin' Charlie Adam too much is all.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline 2guntex

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
Fair comment.