SpursNetwork

What positions do we need to strengthen to challenge for the league?

Offline zipple83

• Season Ticket: Yes
I personally feel that if that was our ambition we need a better goalie, centre midfielder to play next to Modric, and a striker to with the sort of quality of an Aguero or Llorente.

The central defence positions need to be sorted out at the end of the season also. As much as I love King I think his time is done. I'd stick with Gallas, Kaboul, Dawson, and Woodgate if he can prove his fitness and past the injury he's had.

Re: What positions do we need to strengthen to challenge for the league?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
striker is the most important in my opinion. when everyone is fit, the midfield is strong enough and we have plenty of CBs now. perhaps a goalie because Gomes has looked shakey this season and some cover for the FBs

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
Diarra! and a Strong forward.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »
You chaps are drunk right.... a goalie????? if it were not for Gomes many times this season we would not have come away with the points prime recent example the Blackburn game!  In goal is teh one position that is solid we have one of the best in the world and due to th eposition played mistakes will be made as with any role so get a grip ffs. 
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
Gomes has just made a meal of Boltons equaliser
COYS!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
And........ he will pull off other saves that keep us in the points
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ady88s

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
I think we've been quite lucky that Bale Modric and VDV have come good at the same time. We need to capitalise on the team and squad we've got now as it will only remain tempting for top players to come here for so long. We apparently weren't able to bring big names in to WHL in January despite big bids. This is really dissappointing, especially as we have the next phase of the Champs league to look forward to.

I know the Carroll bid is speculation but I'd like to think a bid was made for him.   Assuming we made a bid for him, didn't Carroll fancy Champs League football? If not, then why not? Yet, he may have chosen Liverpool over Spurs which means no champs league football for Carroll this year or next.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »
totally agree with my bitch Metalsy.... Gomes has been our best player for the last 18 month period, the Blackbum win was almost totally down to him, just 1 example.... you tea-party chimps need to have a word with yourselves..

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
I think we've been quite lucky that Bale Modric and VDV have come good at the same time. We need to capitalise on the team and squad we've got now as it will only remain tempting for top players to come here for so long. We apparently weren't able to bring big names in to WHL in January despite big bids. This is really dissappointing, especially as we have the next phase of the Champs league to look forward to.

I know the Carroll bid is speculation but I'd like to think a bid was made for him.   Assuming we made a bid for him, didn't Carroll fancy Champs League football? If not, then why not? Yet, he may have chosen Liverpool over Spurs which means no champs league football for Carroll this year or next.

If we're to believe one side of the story, Newcastle turned down our bid for 25 mil and accepted Liverpool's bid for 35. Carroll claims he was forced out. Newcastle claim he forced his move. Strange how money creates so many victims when it comes to big transfers!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »
Would have to be a Striker. A 2nd choice goalie to push Gomes (perhaps Robbo back?)  -happy with the rest.